Archived last time this year there were more pdas/lpdas than you could shake a stick at

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this is Target's motto, tbh. even my etl will be like "so and so store does it this way". and that's just within my state.

cartwheel is pushed a lot but we usually just show them how to do it on their phone. as in we walk them through it. we're allowed to have smartphones on the floor too so we can show them on ours.

tl's have mydevices, but we really only have about five tl's in the store at a time (etl's have one as well). they don't bother to train salesfloor because in the past we've had them fucking up the backroom (pulling from a case and then putting it back on the shelf, forgetting to actually take the item and then messing up the counts, etc). actually recently we went down to yellow because some super smart tl decided to train two seasonal salesfloor members how to backstock and they couldn't even figure out basic things like fill groups. although even our plano team has six people.. and only two of them can backstock (and one of them recently moved from the backroom). only one on softlines can. I think they've just learned, the less people who know, the better. I assume everyone else's store is also as caught up in being #1 in the district as mine.

I do agree the finding nearby stores functionality is nice, but our stores are about an hour apart and really guests never really want to bother. usually we just give out the free shipping voucher.

I know you also can't do miss picks on the mydevices either, which is why we usually have a pdt on the damage tub. they really should have made sure you could do everything on the mydevices before they switched over. it's been a year now? and they still haven't been fixed?
Mydevices were never intended to be used by the backroom. They aren't hardy right like the pda/pdt is. Which is why common flow/backroom things are still not on it. Corporate didn't want them to be.

Whether your store is like mine and steals them for flow push and backstock is another thing. The reality is as a sftm you are supposed to carry a walkie and a mydevice to help guests. As per best practice. Specialty teams cannot do their jobs without a mydevice either.

Mydevices were never intended to be used by the backroom. They aren't hardy right like the pda/pdt is. Which is why common flow/backroom things are still not on it. Corporate didn't want them to be.

Whether your store is like mine and steals them for flow push and backstock is another thing. The reality is as a sftm you are supposed to carry a walkie and a mydevice to help guests. As per best practice. Specialty teams cannot do their jobs without a mydevice either.

I see. We only have about 5 PDTs so it would be a disaster without MyDevices in the back room. Seeing as all 5 PDTs are being used for FF after 6am.... there would be no one backstocking if that was the case. I mean honestly it's all moot to me- I'm flow but I stay over in softlines, so we don't use any equipment (except for one walkie). Which is funny, since they tell us we need to check capacity! And second locations! But then don't let us have the necessary equipment to do such. And then they blame us for not knowing where every obscure second location is in the store like we're physic psychic (our store has a tendency to make random endcaps because they can... or they create bins/pallets to put out excess product and don't tell us).

Last edited:

Flow TL asking me if I need my MyDevice as a Plano TM. It's like uh yeah, or do you want to make my job 5 times harder? Sure my planogram is tied and almost set, and theoretically yes I could put product back up without the device, but that would cause my 4 hour pog to triple in allotted time. So yeah. Kinda need it bruh. What about filling these products in transition??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back