Archived Late opening LOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an official rule about being able to leave if the opening LOD is super late? This past Sunday the opening LOD showed up 1.5 hours late and we were all just waiting outside. Some team members said that after a certain period of time we are just allowed to leave and it won’t count against you. But I’ve never heard that before.

I believe it is 30 minutes. if they are not there after 30 minutes, you can go home and do a punch correction for your full shift to get paid

So, is opening LOD in this case 4am for flow or an hour and a half late to actually open the store?

It's pretty damn bad, either way, but if it's the latter...I can't even.

Not allowed to leave if you are scheduled to work even if the opening LOD never shows up. Your expected to do a time correction for when your shift started and the LOD has to approve your time correction. If you leave you can be marked as a no show. Hopefully, they got a CA as thats not okay as an LOD.

You don't get paid if you leave, you only get paid for the time you waited. I know we just went through this at my store. And wait for your hours to get cut the rest of the week since the truck team now has to do a double truck and someone has to make up for it.

But yeah that is a CA cause at least at my store that was a 100hr payroll blunder.. Meaning 100hrs spent with no actual production gained.

You don't get paid if you leave, you only get paid for the time you waited. I know we just went through this at my store. And wait for your hours to get cut the rest of the week since the truck team now has to do a double truck and someone has to make up for it.

But yeah that is a CA cause at least at my store that was a 100hr payroll blunder.. Meaning 100hrs spent with no actual production gained.
This is true, only those who stay will get paid for waiting and worked hours. We had it happen a couple times. Anyone who leaves can only claim the hours they waited.

Yeah you have to do a punch correction. If it's not something family related or what have you (extreme circumstances), that LOD should jump straight to a final. That's ridiculous.

The stores I have worked, if the LOD or key carrier TL didn't show up, someone usually would contact the ETLs. After 30 minutes, the team would leave and huddle at a nearby TMs place until store opening or other ETL would arrive.

You don't get paid if you leave,

Seconding this. Stay in your car turn on your music and do a punch correction for the time you wait.

I get that Target has no spine when firings are involved, but an opening LOD 90 minute no-show should be a firing offense, barring extremely extenuating circumstances.

Someone that late won't admit they overslept ;) they will come up with some b.s. excuse

Yeah you have to do a punch correction. If it's not something family related or what have you (extreme circumstances), that LOD should jump straight to a final. That's ridiculous.
We’ve had ETLs do this many times and still kept their job. It’s poor leadership to not show up and expect your team to do the same

Not an LOD but I was the opening GSTL and this has happened to me twice. I received no consequence from it except the STL asking me if I’m okay and the LOD saying she was just glad I made it.

I felt really bad as the opening LODs both day didn’t know how to bank the registers or do c/o :( and one of my cashiers was acting GSTL and she freaked and texted me

This was over a year ago though when I was newly promoted..

All stores must have a different policy. The dozen or so times it's happened over the past almost 20 years I've left after an hour and never been in trouble. Matter of fact, I've been paid for full shifts over 75% of the time. ETLs and LODs are held to a higher standard and is their responsibility to be there. I'm not waiting in 15°F temperatures for 3 hours until a dayside LOD shows up.

I know we get paid the time we spent waiting I’ve always heard that (14 year vet) just never heard that it was okay to leave. And this was the opening senior team lead on a Sunday when we were supposed to be doing ad. Everybody stayed except two people. I could have asked the district hr since she was here for two days but that would just get me in trouble.

I don't see why anyone would get in trouble. You waited a reasonable amount of time. As a team member you can only do so much.

However I don't think you should be paid a for an 8 hour shift if you only wait 1 hour

I don't see why anyone would get in trouble. You waited a reasonable amount of time. As a team member you can only do so much.

However I don't think you should be paid a for an 8 hour shift if you only wait 1 hour

We disagree there, I blocked out that 8hrs to work and all the managers couldn't get the door open when it is demanded of me to be there and sit in the cold, and it is demanded of me to sit in the cold for hours on end with no end in sight. Yeah no.. That isn't safe, either from a weather or crime point of view. And maybe if you had to pay out people for an 8hr shift those ETL's who leave their phone in their car while they get blasted at the bar might not do that twice or the ones who can't remember their keys so you have to wait an hour on the regular for them to go back home and get them.

Why was no one able to contact another LOD? Literally none of the waiting associates had the number for another store, or their TL?

I’ve seen stores open late. I was the fifth person to arrive at my store. I had to call a nearby store to call the DTL to call the store manager because the LOD never showed and no one had the sense to call another store.

You get paid for being there. It isn’t school. You wait, or leave a note to have someone call you or come get you and run to the nearest open store to wait if the weather is bad.

I don’t have the phone numbers for anyone from Target except the main number.

Same here, I have no individual contact numbers for any coworkers. I could google another store, but how is that going to help?

Same here, I have no individual contact numbers for any coworkers. I could google another store, but how is that going to help?

If you call the other store and tell the LOD what is happening they can call your STL or DTL and get someone out there ASAP to open the store.

If you call the other store and tell the LOD what is happening they can call your STL or DTL and get someone out there ASAP to open the store.

At the time our blunder the DTL did nothing cause she was called by the ETL who was on vacation but picked up his phone we didn't have an STL and the ETL log of the closest store would not spit on my store if it was on fire.. We were fucked..

Seconding this. Stay in your car turn on your music and do a punch correction for the time you wait.

Someone that late won't admit they overslept ;) they will come up with some b.s. excuse
It’s usually the lod didn’t know they were the opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back