Archived Lateral Movements

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HRZone, do under performing TL’s already “know” they are under performing or are they just terminated like taking off a bandage?? I’m curious because Leadership is handled differently than team members.

@HRLady @commiecorvus y’all can answer to if you know the answer.

Similar to what @SilentCrow and @HRZone have said, most TLs should be aware that they are underperforming via negative feedback from their leaders (especially from DTL visits - stress levels are high on those days) and any write ups.

With that said, my store hasn't fired a TL in 2 years already. Most of our store's underperforming TLs sensed that they were being performanced out so they quit on their own before being let go. The majority resigned with limited notice. Not surprisingly, TLs who had poor attendance chose resign via job abandonment.

"Performanced out."

"I'm in a status."

" Make it sterile."

Silly LOL jargon!!!

bG4x9zu.gif

Probably pushed out, or they can demote to a new position, but thats kind of shitty.

Actually it's generally not allowed to demote for performance reasons in the same store. We had someone at my store demote but it was related to a tragedy with DTL approval.

Demotion usually requires a transfer

@HRZone, do under performing TL’s already “know” they are under performing or are they just terminated like taking off a bandage?? I’m curious because Leadership is handled differently than team members.

Speaking for my store you can sense what's coming when you are on paper. We had a TL go on paper for not locking the safe (whoops). She just went on LOA and we have a feeling she isn't coming back.

The other thing is dtls often give a lot of specific feedback on departments on visits. Our softlines has been called out on visits quite a bit lately which is a sign our tl needs to step it up.

Same thing as HRZone stated regarding DTL call outs. Three areas have been called out in my house, almost all being E2E, the TL for one area already expressed their feelings to not train in a certain trade in order to fill a continuous call out the DTL always has, which is unfortunate. Another TL I feel like has changed ever since owning the area now solo, and it’s greatly suffering for that and the Leadership team sees what’s going on. Which is why I feel that some things are going to be switched up at my house to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back