Archived Lay's Wavy Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate - Target Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
did you guys get them in yet ???

They were announced as "breaking news" on October 31, 2013.

Guests are DEMANDING them at our store and they are still not on the shelves.

People take it easy..... it's just junk food that will make you fat and addictive !!!

2wa4.jpg

read the whole story here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/10/31/lays-potato-chips-chocolate-covered/3324377/

I bought them once and couldn't even finish the bag because I thought they were gross.

They look disgusting. I had to explain to the guest that Frito Lays are a vendor and we don't know when we get them in.

They look disgusting. I had to explain to the guest that Frito Lays are a vendor and we don't know when we get them in.

Same. I hadn't even heard of these until a guest asked me about them the other day. Guests never understand the concepts of vendors though. It doesn't matter how it gets to the store, they just have to have it now or else the entire world is going to come crashing down around them.

Same with us. Guests keep spazzing asking where they are & Lays hasn't brought them in yet. They also are demanding the Candy Cane oreos ("but they're in the ad, you HAVE to have them!!!") and seasonal was just starting to get set today sooooo hopefully a spot for them has appeared...

Chocolate covered potato chips are great. Sweet and salty all wrapped in one snack. OK, now I have to have some too.

I don't understand why Target doesn't wait until it knows every store is set before advertising seasonal product. Also, they could easily require vendors to have product stocked by a certain date, THEN put it in the ad.

I tried one the other night (not sure where the small bag came from, but it was there). I didn't particularly like them. The candy cane Oreos are good, though.

At my store we had an endcap full of winter Oreos (red cream) and candy cane Oreos in grocery. We haven't set mini yet, but I'm sure with the way the Halloween clearance is selling it will be by the end of the week.

If you're looking for other limited time gimmicky chips, the Pecan Pie Pringles are surprisingly AWESOME! The cinnamon and sugar ones, not so much.
I kinda like the cinnamon and sugar Pringles I might have to try the pecan pie ones next. I do have coupon on Cartwheel for those.

I love the gourmet chocolate covered potato chips.
These are probably a pale substitute like Twinkies are to the eclair.

We got some of the chocolate-covered Lays off our truck this morning. I had heard about some sort of chocolate potato chip coming to Target, I have no interest in trying them but I was curious. Saw the Frito-Lay label on the box as I was putting it up in the SNCK aisle, yelled "Hey guys, chocolate potato chips!" annnnnd...nothing. Apparently no one cares about chocolate potato chips in the backroom. I'm sure a handful of guests will be fighting over those same bags out on the salesfloor tomorrow though.

The chocolate covered chip clusters in Jimmy Fallon's ice cream are tasty. It's probably good.

I tasted the cinnamon & sugar pringles today. They could've been good, but pringles always half-asses everything.

Same with us. Guests keep spazzing asking where they are & Lays hasn't brought them in yet. They also are demanding the Candy Cane oreos ("but they're in the ad, you HAVE to have them!!!") and seasonal was just starting to get set today sooooo hopefully a spot for them has appeared...

I love how the guests seem to think that just because it's in the ad, we have to have it. No, we probably don't have it, because of the hundreds of other people who want the same exact thing.

I'm just glad my mother posted the news article on my Facebook wall warning me about them.

Speaking of sweet and salty, buncha crunch (or really, any chocolate) + popcorn at the movie theatre is pretty amazing. Annd I have a craving for sweet/salty now.

At least these will probably be in stock. The Candy Corn Oreos were out within a week or so and we never got anymore. Same with pretty much all of our seasonal items like the fall M&Ms and what not. Guests were very happy to see all of those items in the ad over the last month or so and us not being in stock the whole time.

Bleh, why not spray it with butter while you're at it.

Since we're talking about sweet and salty...

The "Popcorn, Indiana" kettle corn you can get at Wal-Mart is amazing. Also, chocolate-covered bacon is absolutely delicious, but way to rick to eat in anything more than small quantities... Really good for nibbling on while sipping some rum and Dr. Pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back