Archived Laziness wins the day

Sound like your target?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been informed that FACE must be fully staffed open to close at the expense of all other workcenters. We're already driving our teams to the bare bones, squeezing out every last drop on efficient productivity possible. When things go wrong, we get blamed for bad "trainimg" or "scheduling" when we aren't given any training hours, we're told to just roll over to HR's whims on scheduling, and when things don't get done, it's our fault for our teams "laziness" even if it's the most efficient hardworking team at the store. Target has a toxic corporate and store level culture that's all about passing the buck and stroking egos. Now they want nothing to get done, and just have a designated fall person when things go wrong so they can have someone to blame everything on, and keep their lazy ass people with no responsibilities, who get paid more to run the easiest workcenters in the building. Target's management is full of useless hypocrites who ask you to fix problems that they haven't been able to fix for years, and take credit for everything right, and pass the buck on everything hard that their lazy assessment would never touch, then bitch and moan about overspending.

0510d19757237a8328903e6dc0e134ea69db3f-wm.jpg

These are the department's that actually make the store money.

They are also the top 3 for theft so while I have issues with corporate they are not wrong to put more hours into these workcenters.
Since we are talking money loss...what areas are big with shortage? I.E. grocery and the amount of food thrown away because there is little staffing and food going to waste.

It's based on mark-up, which is mainly apparel/accessories/cosmetics.
Electronics, food mark-up is pretty low IIRC.

It's based on mark-up, which is mainly apparel/accessories/cosmetics.
Electronics, food mark-up is pretty low IIRC.
Can't speak for food, but Electronics is weird. Your big ticket items (TVs etc) have a 5-10% markup, but lower dollar items have a higher markup. For example, a while back I was creating a Home Theater end cap and accidentally hit sales performance and found out that the HDMI cord I had randomly picked had something like an 85% markup. Won't be surprised to hear that AAR is gonna make a comeback as a metric for the department.

Since we are talking money loss...what areas are big with shortage? I.E. grocery and the amount of food thrown away because there is little staffing and food going to waste.

Yup grocery is a lot of operational loss, you also have food that is tossed because people don't FIFO so things about to expire get pushed to the back rather than sold later to be defected out.

Fitting room is huge because AP is very limited with surveillance and most fitting room operators are busy sorting and answering phones.

Electronics and cosmetics are self explanatory

I look at the cost expenditure with market and AP. The amount of loss with theft and food being thrown away is greater than the payroll to have one person. I probably defect out a couple hundred dollars of food alone at GS. Not to mention a pissed off guest who buys something that is expired because we don't have the payroll to do grocery right.

The Cosmetics lady we have for opening is good. She knows where things are and is fairly smart.

Our Electronics guys are iffy and need to stop fucking chatting with Mobile.

The Apparel/Accessories team is full of a bunch of fucking morons.

well if you think about it Front of store has been staffed open to close since target was created so nothing new there its just more of a department now. cosmetics makes sense and it should have always been end to end, have you seen the competition? pretty soon we are rolling out beauty makeover samples like macy's our concierge does it already and we will soon too. electronics is dropping fast due to electronic items being the most online purchased products so service needs to push there. Don't worry about target tech i feel they will be absorbed back into electronics once spot realizes electronics is more phone savvy than the rotating tech's we get.

AAR was brought back with the E2E process. Fitting room shortage should go down with the rooms being locked up. If your fitting room is already locked up, it should be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back