Archived Lazy Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it there's no excuse. If you see something, say something. Shortage affects EVERYONE. Final shortage numbers are taken into account big time when reviews come around. Too much shortage? Sorry, we can't afford to give you a good raise. Is it bs? Sure but doesn't stop them from doing it.

It's not even that much out of the way to do. See someone concealing in a backpack? Call AP. AP doesn't answer? Guest service the person, and then go back to work. It takes all of 15 seconds and could lead to them dumping merchandise and you saving your store money

The way I see it there's no excuse. If you see something, say something. Shortage affects EVERYONE. Final shortage numbers are taken into account big time when reviews come around. Too much shortage? Sorry, we can't afford to give you a good raise. Is it bs? Sure but doesn't stop them from doing it.

It's not even that much out of the way to do. See someone concealing in a backpack? Call AP. AP doesn't answer? Guest service the person, and then go back to work. It takes all of 15 seconds and could lead to them dumping merchandise and you saving your store money

Sorry, I was busy doing 4x4's, back up cashiering, and setting my 9 hour pog in 8 hours.

Yeah, they'll always find a reason to not give you a raise. Too much shortage. If not that, something else.

Sorry, I was busy doing 4x4's, back up cashiering, and setting my 9 hour pog in 8 hours.

Yeah, they'll always find a reason to not give you a raise. Too much shortage. If not that, something else.
9 hour pog in 8? Great, that means you can take fifteen seconds to help ap 240 times in the hour you saved. It takes no more time than it would to help a guest...you know...thething you're told is your number one Ppriority?

9 hour pog in 8? Great, that means you can take fifteen seconds to help ap 240 times in the hour you saved. It takes no more time than it would to help a guest...you know...thething you're told is your number one Ppriority?

What he/she meant is that the POG should take 9 hours, they were given 7 and they managed to get it done in 8.

To clarify, if you don't see it you don't see it. But if you do see it and do nothing? That's what I say there's no excuse for

At the end of the week, do you know what I get asked about? Shortage? Nope. Guest service? Nope. Vibe? Nope.

The Transition Workload Tool. If it isn't 100%, ties and pulls, that is my number one priority.

Oh, they'll say it's the guest. But in reality, the twt rules all in pog.

I don't need an excuse. I just don't care.

If you see someone concealing...you really wouldn't call AP?

The one time I ever actually noticed someone, I called and ap had already left for the night lol. Way to go, on that schedule, target. The lod was newish to the role (sr TL) and I guess didn't know how to stop the crazy lady. We let her grab all the things for like over an hour (or maybe it just seemed to take that long) and the cops made it to the store at 10:59:58.

I don't worry too much in the fitting room. At one point, the schedule was done so there was always coverage, we had all the tools and such to keep up with everything. Then they piled on extra tasks. If someone asks us to go get an alt size or color, we're leaving for that. If there's no one on the floor or they're with a guest, we're going to check on items for the guests on the phone. Then the task of sorting and keeping up with the stuff the guests try on. At certain times of day, you have to zone something or clean clearance. Sometimes there's a gap in coverage for hours. Between all those things, theft happens. If I see something, of course I call the relevant people, but I won't be kicking myself for missing anything.

If you see someone concealing...you really wouldn't call AP?

I'm going to answer this by way of a story.

At my store, on POG, we are not allowed to work in the same aisle. Period. Why, because we might talk. The ETL even said that if you are talking, you might have to turn your head.

So, head straight ahead, no talking. I can't imagine I'd notice someone doing anything.

Here's my question to you, we are almost a week behind on pogs ... Do you think ap helps us? I know, not your job.

We all have jobs to do. I really can't be bothered to take time helping other people when I get no help. If Target closes because people steal too much, well, I guess that's the way it goes.

If your working pog when the store is open you should be paying attention to what's going on around you. I know its hard getting stuff done. But your job is to help the guest first and foremost, no matter what. That includes providing guest service. It's in everyone's core roles, even AP. You don't have to go out of your way, but just asking a guest if they need help lets them know your there to help. It also lets them know they are not alone, which makes them less likely to steal.

At my store, on POG, we are not allowed to work in the same aisle. Period. Why, because we might talk. The ETL even said that if you are talking, you might have to turn your head.

So, head straight ahead, no talking. I can't imagine I'd notice someone doing anything.

Here's my question to you, we are almost a week behind on pogs ... Do you think ap helps us? I know, not your job.

We all have jobs to do. I really can't be bothered to take time helping other people when I get no help. If Target closes because people steal too much, well, I guess that's the way it goes.
So I guess you're one of those people that would watch someone getting raped and just continue on your way....

So I guess you're one of those people that would watch someone getting raped and just continue on your way....

So I guess you'd watch people be given impossible workloads because their hours have been cut, watch them struggle and be coached, and not help ... All because ... That's not my job.

The rape thing is a bad comparison.

Call me back when it's Thursday and you are still setting intimates from last week's workload.

You didn't answer the question though. If you saw it, would you say something. And your whole argument is that it's not your job, but you still back up for cashiering? Helping ap is just as much your job as that is

Last edited:
Yeah, let's just stop that right here. @unknown isnt arguing that people should be free to steal anything and commit crimes of any nature. They were arguing that they don't feel inclined to help the AP team with their goals when the AP team doesn't help POG team with theirs. Don't try to falsely frame @unknown's argument. It makes your position weaker.

Yeah, let's just stop that right here. @unknown isnt arguing that people should be free to steal anything and commit crimes of any nature. They were arguing that they don't feel inclined to help the AP team with their goals when the AP team doesn't help POG team with theirs. Don't try to falsely frame @unknown's argument. It makes your position weaker.
Maybe his store doesn't have a very good recognition program. At my store if you give info that leads to a arrest, You get a $25 gift card. I also personally buy the team member lunch out of my own pocket.

You didn't answer the question though. If you saw it, would you say something. And your whole argument is that it's not your job, but you still back up for cashiering? Helping ap is just as much your job as that is

That's because we get called up by name to help. Yes, by name by our tl.

At this point, I'm not sure I would say anything. No one cares to fifo. And when we do pogs in shaving, the razors aren't cased.

Standing in front of a wave of company driven apathy won't stop it. Or change it. If that sounds defeatist, I can live with that.

And to be fair, amaazingdude didn't answer the question either.

Maybe his store doesn't have a very good recognition program. At my store if you give info that leads to a arrest, You get a $25 gift card. I also personally buy the team member lunch out of my own pocket.

Yeah, I gave information that led to an internal being arrested. Do you know what I got? A thank you when I asked for it. But that was it. Next time a TM starts stealing high end electronics, I'll remember the appreciation for that time.

My STL, ETLs and AP have told me we have to do the following:
-take any and all coupons presented to us...no matter how close to the actual product the guest got (so we may not get reimbursement)
-take clearly fraudulent $25 coupons (no limit, either)
-take back any and all returns: HBA coupon items, no receipt returns at no limit, products the guest clearly just grabbed off the shelf and asked to return, heavily used, mostly empty products, baby bumbos from the recall three years ago they are buying at garage sales, etc.
-take fake money, as long as it isn't Monopoly money
-honor prices on switched clearance tickets
-allow multiple credit card transactions with various cards as the guest buys gift cards or fills up existing gift cards (same thing with checks)
-the list goes on

This is all stuff they could clearly put their foot down on and stop some losses. But they choose not to for being afraid of offending a "guest." So excuse me if I don't feel overly burdened by any other shortage happening when they don't care about any of this.

But they take Monopoly money at the Baltic Avenue Target!

Yeah, I gave information that led to an internal being arrested. Do you know what I got? A thank you when I asked for it. But that was it. Next time a TM starts stealing high end electronics, I'll remember the appreciation for that time.
Information that leads to Internal Arrests get a mandatory cash reward from headquarters. Ask your ETL-HR for the paperwork. They will add it to your check and headquarters pays the taxes. They can't say no...not unless they claim someone found it before you.

Information that leads to Internal Arrests get a mandatory cash reward from headquarters. Ask your ETL-HR for the paperwork. They will add it to your check and headquarters pays the taxes. They can't say no...not unless they claim someone found it before you.

What is this ... They can't say no. Of course they can. What is the recourse? Get a lawyer? Call the hotline? Quit?

And if it gets pushed too hard. Maybe retaliated against. Less hours.

That's like saying ... We have to FIFO. What a joke that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back