Archived Lazy Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is full of lazy team members that don't about shortage. For example a fitting room team member let a guest bring a cart full of DVDs in the fitting room and a suitcase .and guess what!?! The guest left with a huge suit case and no DVDs came out of the fitting room....and the team member didn't call AP....rant over.

What?!?! I would be so fired if I let that happen. Did this TM even get any CA?

I don't care about shortage. I know that sounds apathetic, and I'm sure I'll get comments about it.

I care about shortage as much as the ap/tps cares about setting revisions.

Totally unteamlike. I really just don't have time to care. Especially when I am told to basically give the guest whatever they want at the register when I am back up cashiering.

I can't really speak about the fitting room as I have never watched it. But in general, I pay no attention to that stuff. Someone could probably walk right past me stealing something and I would just keep setting my aisle.

I care. But every time we see fraud or someone stealing, we are told, "oh, we can't do anything about that." Half the time I don't know if ap is there, and the other half of the time, they can't do anything about it, anyway. It seems silly for me to get all worked up to try and prevent shortage when Spot has decided they don't care anyway, let people do whatever they want, make us give the store away to scammers and liars, and cut hours and resources to ap to actually do any good.

While I discourage guests from taking extraneous items into the fitting rooms, I am done getting worked up over shortage. If Spot doesn't care, there is little reason for me to care.

Do you know what my ap does when he goes through the empty packages bin at guest services? He Looks at the stuff for all of about five seconds and dumps it straight into the trash. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Shortage has gotten so bad at our store that the city cop who covers our area now spends at least an hour three times a week walking through our store. It's a sad joke in our store. It never used to be this bad.

Do you know what my ap does when he goes through the empty packages bin at guest services? He Looks at the stuff for all of about five seconds and dumps it straight into the trash. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Shortage has gotten so bad at our store that the city cop who covers our area now spends at least an hour three times a week walking through our store. It's a sad joke in our store. It never used to be this bad.
I bet your AP-TL has a lot of apps !

I bet your AP-TL has a lot of apps !

No. Less than usual, sadly. They just don't come in when he's there, or he's off doing something else (FDC truck or God knows what) so all of this stuff is walking out under his nose or when he isn't there.

No. Less than usual, sadly. They just don't come in when he's there, or he's off doing something else (FDC truck or God knows what) so all of this stuff is walking out under his nose or when he isn't there.
Why is your AP doing truck? Forget that!

This has always bothered me. I don't get why Target doesn't care about theft in the fitting room. In my store, the fitting room will be left empty for extended periods of time. I don't blame the operator because they have to zone outside the fitting room and sometimes there aren't any TMs available to cover for them. This particular TM you mentioned was just being lazy and not following the rules, but maybe she just gave up because the current business model makes it way too easy for guests to steal anyway.
Why should the operators have responsibilities that require them to leave the fitting room? Shouldn't somebody be watching that area at all times? Sure, that TM was being negligent, but Spot was negligent first.

I have a big problem at my store of team members telling there friends when AP isn't working too. We also had a team member push out a TV a week ago...

I have to put away clothes and do fitting room and answer phones. If another t.m. is on duty, they have to zone and back up registers. And get red cards of course.

My STL, ETLs and AP have told me we have to do the following:
-take any and all coupons presented to us...no matter how close to the actual product the guest got (so we may not get reimbursement)
-take clearly fraudulent $25 coupons (no limit, either)
-take back any and all returns: HBA coupon items, no receipt returns at no limit, products the guest clearly just grabbed off the shelf and asked to return, heavily used, mostly empty products, baby bumbos from the recall three years ago they are buying at garage sales, etc.
-take fake money, as long as it isn't Monopoly money
-honor prices on switched clearance tickets
-allow multiple credit card transactions with various cards as the guest buys gift cards or fills up existing gift cards (same thing with checks)
-the list goes on

This is all stuff they could clearly put their foot down on and stop some losses. But they choose not to for being afraid of offending a "guest." So excuse me if I don't feel overly burdened by any other shortage happening when they don't care about any of this.

Last edited:
Thankfully my AP has a spine. Our ETL-AP doesn't put up with shit like what @Retail Girl described and even instructs cashiers to call over the GSTL/GSA *every time* the register says the coupon doesn't match the item. We also deny the scammers who try to do coupon/return fraud and we don't budge with the $70 no-receipt return limit. It's great.

We are ULV. When FDC truck comes, it's all hands on deck to get it off the floor and into the cooler/freezers.
My STL, ETLs and AP have told me we have to do the following:
-take any and all coupons presented to us...no matter how close to the actual product the guest got (so we may not get reimbursement)
-take clearly fraudulent $25 coupons (no limit, either)
-take back any and all returns: HBA coupon items, no receipt returns at no limit, products the guest clearly just grabbed off the shelf and asked to return, heavily used, mostly empty products, baby bumbos from the recall three years ago they are buying at garage sales, etc.
-take fake money, as long as it isn't Monopoly money
-honor prices on switched clearance tickets
-allow multiple credit card transactions with various cards as the guest buys gift cards or fills up existing gift cards (same thing with checks)
-the list goes on

This is aall stuff they could clearly put their foot down on and stop some losses. But they choose not to for being afraid of offending a "guest." So excuse me if I don't feel overly burdened by any other shortage happening when they don't care about any of this.
every store clearly isn't the same...I can't believe your store leadership does that.

- Fitting rooms are my personal battle ground. I've had excellent fitting room attendants who walk the hallway and bang walls to make people nervous. I've also had 15 YR old teenage girls who text the entire time. At this point I've just left it alone. Target doesn't want me to do @#$* in the fitting rooms, so I don't. The most I do now is I'll stand by there to deter people.

- Like Retail Girl, I have my team accept coupons that are fake, money that is fake, and all that. If I notice a person multiple times then I will go talk to them, but it's usually a lot of work for little pay off (my district anyway)

- It's frustrating that some TM don't care about shortage, but I understand where they are coming from. AP doesn't generally help with anything they are doing. I occasionally will come in early and help unload the truck. I do 4x4's, zone when it's slow, collect carts (I secretly love doing that), help back at electronics to try to show that I am one of the team. It's waxed and waned as far as getting TM's on my side. However, if you haven't tried that, then I would give it a go.

It's not that I don't want to care, there is just zero time. Not when we are already behind. In a perfect world, I'd have time to do a good job. Clean, help guests, etc. But under the current time constraints, it just isn't possible to divide my attention any further. And like retailgirl, I've been told to just give the guest incredible leeway at the register.

In the PFresh era we seem to be tossing out more $$$ worth the good steak and hamburger and bagged vegetables than any amount of theft could match
We now donate meat, so not really thrown out. And so long as your team orders well there shouldn't be much veg thrown out, even if it's not selling they should just have enough to fill the space. The theft of a pair of beats is equal to two or three days off qmos for me.

We have a backroom team member who will pull dairy and frozen caf pulls put them in a three tiered cart...and leave it in the cooler. The other day I went in ( after being off the previous day) I opened the cooler door and there sits ice cream in the cooler....that had dripped all over the floor. Other times he will go into the freezer pull the caf and throw it on the floor....nothing is ever said to him although I have complained about it . I don't mind working hard but cleaning up after someone ( literally with a mop ) is getting old real fast. The amount of food this one person causes the store to lose is a shame .

Oh boy. Just reading that, my TPS would have an aneurysm. He doesn't put up with shit, TM or guest. ETL-AP basically does what he suggests. This would not fly at my store, someone would be getting written up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back