Archived Lazy Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
FDC came and we had a guy put frozen in the cooler and dairy in the freezer. The entire pallet! For some reason nobody noticed for a long time. Not sure how long. He still works here though.

FDC came and we had a guy put frozen in the cooler and dairy in the freezer. The entire pallet! For some reason nobody noticed for a long time. Not sure how long. He still works here though.
Better than having them both sit unnoticed at receiving for an unknown period of time. The people responsible for that also kept their jobs.

My STL, ETLs and AP have told me we have to do the following:
-take any and all coupons presented to us...no matter how close to the actual product the guest got (so we may not get reimbursement)
-take clearly fraudulent $25 coupons (no limit, either)
-take back any and all returns: HBA coupon items, no receipt returns at no limit, products the guest clearly just grabbed off the shelf and asked to return, heavily used, mostly empty products, baby bumbos from the recall three years ago they are buying at garage sales, etc.
-take fake money, as long as it isn't Monopoly money
-honor prices on switched clearance tickets
-allow multiple credit card transactions with various cards as the guest buys gift cards or fills up existing gift cards (same thing with checks)
-the list goes on

This is all stuff they could clearly put their foot down on and stop some losses. But they choose not to for being afraid of offending a "guest." So excuse me if I don't feel overly burdened by any other shortage happening when they don't care about any of this.
Any of this would get you on a ca at my store, glad my stl has no empathy for scammers and thiefs.

One of our door alarms is randomly going off today with no one near it. It's obnoxious. I pointed it out to AP, who said there was nothing he could do. He said they don't accept work orders on them anymore, and if/when they die they just take them out and are done with them.

Since he never bag checks anyway, I wanted to ask him why they even bother spider wrapping, then. But I kept my mouth shut (for once).

everytime a door alarm decides to screw up and keep going off, i accidentally hit it with the wave

Seriously? Defeats the whole point of spider wrapping and EAS tagging. Sounds like he's just too lazy to put in a work order.

That's what I thought.

He told me the work orders were turned down, because they aren't fixing or replacing them. I don't know if that's true, and I don't paricularly care. Honestly, if that's the direction my store/the company is going, then it's one more reason for me not to stress out about shrinkage.

That's what I thought.

He told me the work orders were turned down, because they aren't fixing or replacing them. I don't know if that's true, and I don't paricularly care. Honestly, if that's the direction my store/the company is going, then it's one more reason for me not to stress out about shrinkage.
You could ask PMTperson or fill out the red tag on the sensor to get it fixed.

You could ask PMTperson or fill out the red tag on the sensor to get it fixed.

Meh. I could. But then it would look like I'm doubting a TL and trying to go over his head. It isn't worth me getting hauled into an office and reprimanded for thinking I'm better than other people and sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.

It's not that I don't want to care, there is just zero time. Not when we are already behind. In a perfect world, I'd have time to do a good job. Clean, help guests, etc. But under the current time constraints, it just isn't possible to divide my attention any further. And like retailgirl, I've been told to just give the guest incredible leeway at the register.
I'm no
That's what I thought.

This is true. All work orders are being denied. Ours have been broken for over two years.

Do you know what my ap does when he goes through the empty packages bin at guest services? He Looks at the stuff for all of about five seconds and dumps it straight into the trash. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Shortage has gotten so bad at our store that the city cop who covers our area now spends at least an hour three times a week walking through our store. It's a sad joke in our store. It never used to be this bad.
Lol retail girl.. Whenever the police come, I say to them, we have to stop meeting like this. They have been there a lot over the past few months.

I will not accept fake money. Blatantly really fake - I had a guest come in with a stack of fives to use. He didn't even cut them straight and all the serial numbers were the same.. The other GSA called me over to look at the bills because she wasn't sure what to do. I looked at the bills and said to the guest (who was quite intimidating looking) I can't take these.. You should go back to the person who gave them to you. I showed him the things I saw wrong on the bills.. At least it made it look like I didn't think it was him.

When I get bills that fail in the counterfeit machine, I will try on a few machines, use a pen and inspect the bill. Most times they are fine. Unless the pen shows a dark brown line, I will take the bill.

So what's the long term plan for the EAS towers?

So what's the long term plan for the EAS towers?
I think that corporate, under Gregg, planned to get rid of all the EAS towers much like they are removing the non-9200 and LPDA's-if they break, don't replace it. This way, they can cut controllable expenses and drive shareholder profits while reducing shrink related losses via pretending they don't exist. Maybe the new leadership will realize how boneheaded this is, because if you remove the EAS towers, you remove any reason to have merch protect, so therefore all the money you invested in static MP (cases, spiderwraps, alcohol locks), and that is providing passive ROI in the form of the stuff not being stolen will just stop rolling in.

I think that corporate, under Gregg, planned to get rid of all the EAS towers much like they are removing the non-9200 and LPDA's-if they break, don't replace it. This way, they can cut controllable expenses and drive shareholder profits while reducing shrink related losses via pretending they don't exist. Maybe the new leadership will realize how boneheaded this is, because if you remove the EAS towers, you remove any reason to have merch protect, so therefore all the money you invested in static MP (cases, spiderwraps, alcohol locks), and that is providing passive ROI in the form of the stuff not being stolen will just stop rolling in.
Doesn't make sense to buy the amount of new spider wraps we have and not upkeep the towers. They aren't cheap and we got a dozen cases of small and large it seemed.

I will not accept fake money. Blatantly really fake - I had a guest come in with a stack of fives to use. He didn't even cut them straight and all the serial numbers were the same.. The other GSA called me over to look at the bills because she wasn't sure what to do. I looked at the bills and said to the guest (who was quite intimidating looking) I can't take these.. You should go back to the person who gave them to you. I showed him the things I saw wrong on the bills.. At least it made it look like I didn't think it was him.

When I get bills that fail in the counterfeit machine, I will try on a few machines, use a pen and inspect the bill. Most times they are fine. Unless the pen shows a dark brown line, I will take the bill.

Countetfeit machine? What's that? We have nothing in our store for checking bills, not even the markers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back