Archived Leaving on time or on your scheduled time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do believe that. My ETL and most other leaders are aware that I am a student, but they just throw out Target-speak like "needs of the business" and "flexibility." if I speak up, they see me as a complainer. Its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Is your store making sales? Staying late adds payroll...unless you are making sales and have flex hours you are hurting that metric by staying late...

Is your store making sales? Staying late adds payroll...unless you are making sales and have flex hours you are hurting that metric by staying late...

Many folks wind up staying late at my store: market, pricing, presentation, SFS, backroom... It's just what happens. Leadership, including my STL, knows we're staying. I'm guessing it doesn't hurt the metric. I go into overtime often. It's only Monday and I know I'm getting some this week.

Many folks wind up staying late at my store: market, pricing, presentation, SFS, backroom... It's just what happens. Leadership, including my STL, knows we're staying. I'm guessing it doesn't hurt the metric. I go into overtime often. It's only Monday and I know I'm getting some this week.
If you want/need to leave on time you need to use your own target speak. Sales vs hours is the easiest.

I generally stay up to half an hour late most days just to get stuff done. Of course I normally end up cutting it out of my schedule at the end of the week but I usually don't mind.

It all boils down to communication. Sometimes you simply need to stay a little later than scheduled. It's unavoidable.

That said, if you're getting paid past your scheduled hours, I feel it's best that someone above you knows that you're staying, why you're staying, and what you are doing to minimize the extra payroll that you're using.

Example, this week POG team got hit really, really hard in my store (and I imagine every store). I ended up staying an extra 20 minutes or so to clean up. My ETL saw that the cart I was using was a mess. Lots of plastic wrap, old labels, cardboard scraps, reshop items, the works. Usually I'm a bit neater, but we both recognized that this week speed > cleanliness. If a messy cart and 20 more minutes is the price we have to pay to set 300 hours of POGs, but the POGS get finished, it's worth it.

It all boils down to communication. Sometimes you simply need to stay a little later than scheduled. It's unavoidable.

That said, if you're getting paid past your scheduled hours, I feel it's best that someone above you knows that you're staying, why you're staying, and what you are doing to minimize the extra payroll that you're using.

Example, this week POG team got hit really, really hard in my store (and I imagine every store). I ended up staying an extra 20 minutes or so to clean up. My ETL saw that the cart I was using was a mess. Lots of plastic wrap, old labels, cardboard scraps, reshop items, the works. Usually I'm a bit neater, but we both recognized that this week speed > cleanliness. If a messy cart and 20 more minutes is the price we have to pay to set 300 hours of POGs, but the POGS get finished, it's worth it.

You do what my pog team does. Leaves everything, tubs with push and cages full right where they were working. Yet flow gets shit on if we leave a scrap of paper on the floor. Good for you for cleaning up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back