Archived Leaving Seasonal Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just hired for a seasonal job at target and generally thought i would like it. I hate it and want to leave so badly though i wouldn't be surprised if they fired me i called in sick last week and the yesterday had to leave an hour into my shift because i thought i was going to pass out because of a headache. Is leaving a seasonal job like this a big deal i don't really care about being rehired in the future.

Meh. Seasonal people not showing up are a dime a dozen this time of year. If you're really unhappy, and it's making you sick, then it's definitely time to leave. Just call HR up in the morning, thank them for the opportunity, and tell them you won't be coming back. That gives them a little time to plan. If you don't care about being rehired in the future, this is definitely the best way to go.

If you dont care about being rehired there in the future and you hate the job then just stop showing up and it will all be over....

Seasonal jobs are at will for both parties. They can let you go, or you can let them go and neither party can retaliate.

Seasonal jobs are at will for both parties. They can let you go, or you can let them go and neither party can retaliate.

Err, that's true for any jobs most places. Seasonal or otherwise. If I just decide to never go back to my store they can't punish me for it. Unless you consider refusing to ever rehire me to be punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back