Archived Leaving spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put in my two weeks today, after a year with target just couldn't take the bs anymore

@ETL19TT , I feel you. Target culture used to be awesome, but went quickly downhill last year. Sorry you are unhappy. But, life outside of Target can be good. I hope you have something else lined up.

All and all I do have something lined up as well as promising leads, and no amount of money can make me stay. I would only give them a week or two longer for the team not for my peers or upper level management

I wish you all the best, @ETL19TT . I miss my team and my guests. But, I am still keeping in touch with those who truly cared. They have been so supportive. I know your team will miss you-you seem very down to earth. I cried like a baby on my last day, because of the bonds I forged over the years.
I felt the same way-happiness over money. Please let us know of how everything goes. I cannot express how stress free and happy I feel, and it hasn't even been a week.

Last edited:
ETL19TT I wish the best for you! Yet on another note, this doesn't bode well for me,,, after putting in 29 years with my former employer. Seeing the company run into the ground, stock price at $90+ to under $2 a share, almost delisted on Wall Street. Our department couldn't even order pencils without corporate approval. I had to walk away to retain my sanity.
I've only been with Spot for about 6 months, started as seasonal flow, and I'm still a part of the flow team. I've worked with Plano, inventory, instocks, and backroom to name a few. I feel I have a tremendous amount of database knowledge to offer and would like to work my way up the chain so to speak. Some think I'm an undercover boss, or could very well be one of the next TLs or above. I'm a true believer that it all starts at the bottom, the house is only as good as it's foundation. Am I fighting another losing battle, in believing that I can make a difference from the ground up, by taking on those above me?

Such Spot experts all of you are.

And why start a thread about quitting?

WGAS???

Actually, no... I just click on 'new posts.'

Thanks for the heads up!

Pretty lame sub-forum, eh?

;)

@Kick Shot i recommend talking to your Etl or STL snd they Will give you the leader ship expectations if you have a good one you'll be ready. I managed to promote four people in my year there. One sr and three tls. @Sickofspot and yeah I am. I stayed honest with my team who struggled with conversion vibe and zone and structured my team leaders by providing plans to get them to success instead of just telling them they own their development lol. They were able to relate to me as a leader instead of a boss looking to fill in green metrics

Life before Spot, life during Spot, life after Spot,,, my take on forums is information sharing, a gathering of intelligence if you will. As I've said before, I've learned more here than what my so called leaders/trainers have passed on to me. There is a lot to be learned from someone who is leaving or has left. So many here just want to bitch and complain about how bad it is at Spot, yet don't have the gumption to make a difference, just go with the status quo. I see it as a challenge to make a difference, not only for myself but for my fellow TMs. Some, as I feel ETL19TT is, do truly care to be leaders and not just a boss instructing others. I'm not a feared of stirring the pot, I was looking for a job when I found this one. One of my goals is to be the best employee they will never hire full time. If I make it, then I make it, but if I don't, they will damn sure know I was there.

@Kick Shot yeah it's a lot of valuable information on here as well as glassdoor that can let you in on a lot but I do agree that you have to be positive in everything that you do some ppl on here just have negative attitudes and can have biased perception on some positive things that can happen in their job or career if they keep an open mind

tumblr_inline_nekp0wJHaL1qd77z5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back