1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving Target (for the most part) after almost 7 years

Discussion in 'Happy Trails' started by Brewhaha, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Brewhaha

Brewhaha Team Member

As some of you know, I got a job in my college degree field. Well today, Saturday June 18th, 2016, is my last full week at Target. I start my new job Monday with me only working Sundays at Target.

I feels weird leaving. I started out as Hardlines. Then within a year of me being at Target, I was cross trained in backroom. Then in the summer of 2010, the p fresh remodel happened. Once p fresh opened in October 2010, I was asked to do backroom p fresh & sales floor p fresh. After one of our PAs left in early 2012, I was hired as a PA and have been there ever since.

Basically, since p fresh as opened, I have been the one consistent in the department.

I am going to miss see certain people every week. And I am not going to miss others as well.

But better pay, better benefits & a consistent schedule where you work M-F will make anyone leave Target

2. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

And HOLIDAYS!
    Don't forget having holidays off!!

qmosqueen, Redzee and PassinTime like this.
  3. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Business Partner

4. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

Congratulations, kick some ass and take names.
    The world is your oyster.

5. PassinTime

PassinTime Guest

And getting PAID to be off on said holidays!

Good luck as you begin your career!

Redzee and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  6. BackroomAlpha

BackroomAlpha Did somebody call for backroom?

Congrats. Interesting enough if there is one thing target has taught us all its solid demanding work ethic. Good luck, soar on young eagle.

7. mrknownothing

mrknownothing purveyor of things

Best of luck to your in your new endeavor.

8. signingminion

signingminion WAVing in the air like I just don't care

Best of luck. Pfresh is like a drug...

qmosqueen likes this.
  9. Redzee

Redzee Team Leader

Congratulations on your degree and on being able to get it while working at Spot.

10. OP
    OP
    Brewhaha

Brewhaha Team Member

Thank you everyone. I do, in fact, get weekends and holidays off. Holidays are paid as well. Target has taught me to deal with people and they will help me in my new job

Hardlinesmaster likes this.