Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Why are discontinued laptops on the pog as demos for the next 4 months? I yeeted those to the back room and put laptops we actually sell as displays.
I was told we don’t have display laptops anymore, so the table is just empty at top.
Do I believe it? No. But I don’t work enough days in the week to investigate and look things up for myself.

I was told we don’t have display laptops anymore, so the table is just empty at top.
Do I believe it? No. But I don’t work enough days in the week to investigate and look things up for myself.

IIRC laptops have always been sellable displays so there should be two shelves. 1-1-X and 1-2-X are all in the lockbox, and the sellable displays "open box" are on 1-3-X.

IIRC laptops have always been sellable displays so there should be two shelves. 1-1-X and 1-2-X are all in the lockbox, and the sellable displays "open box" are on 1-3-X.
I never sell any of my laptop displays because they're either missing keys, have a crack or dead pixels on the screen, or some other abnormality by the time I switch them out lol.

I looked at the person weird that set the planogram when they said we didn’t have displays anymore.

🤷🏽‍♀️

No one, not our etl, pmt, or bds has said a thing about using working laptops in the display. We have 4 dummies of current laptops.
This is very true for some stores. But there's a box at the top of our pog image that says "Have team members set up displays and demo loops from box stock" something like that.

Does anyone know what we're supposed to do with the LG TVs they want us to take down because they are blue do we put up new ones until they turn blue again or are there new TVs that don't turn blue?

So we finally got down to a normal number for electronics team members, 5 with only 2.5 being competent. I see HR post that we still have 3 positions available.

We’re not even Tech + Mobile.

Does anyone know what we're supposed to do with the LG TVs they want us to take down because they are blue do we put up new ones until they turn blue again or are there new TVs that don't turn blue?
The way the Stores Weekly put it, unless I'm remembering wrong, is that they wanted us to put up the same models of the same TVs that turned blue.

Me and my PMT laughed and very quickly decided we weren't going to replace them and waste inventory. I think only one of our display TV's might be affected and it's barely noticeable.

If there were new TV's that didn't turn blue I think I would have received some by now.

The way the Stores Weekly put it, unless I'm remembering wrong, is that they wanted us to put up the same models of the same TVs that turned blue.

Me and my PMT laughed and very quickly decided we weren't going to replace them and waste inventory. I think only one of our display TV's might be affected and it's barely noticeable.

If there were new TV's that didn't turn blue I think I would have received some by now.
We laughed as well when I pointed out that might very well what they wanted us to do. At least this will be a selling point for OTHER tv's now.

My store already had to defect 4 TV's during the reset this May so I don't think people would be particularly happy with me if I chose to take down the one (maybe two) that are starting to go blue.

We finally got around to replacing 4 or 5 TV's that were blue or getting there. Just do it, you won't sell any of them if you dont.

Id rather not sell products that go defective so easily.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

You would be telling people not to buy %95 of your department. ALL of the TVs are crap models, not a single one can do HDR properly (Stores that dont carry the 8000's or OLEDs). We didn't have anything more that a descent pair of headphones until the Sony 1000XM3's came along. None of the bluetooth speakers accell, they all have a critical flaw. All of our mobile accessories are crap. Printers are total junk. Our cameras are 3 years old or older. The laptops are literally tablet hardware with a wired keyboard, no upgradability and if any part of it breaks it is not repairable. Our entire line of discman and boom boxes are by jenson and you will be lucky to get a year of service out of them before the cd mechanism dies.

If you know anything about electronics and gadgets, you either dont work general retail or you just shut up and serve koolaid.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

You would be telling people not to buy %95 of your department. ALL of the TVs are crap models, not a single one can do HDR properly (Stores that dont carry the 8000's or OLEDs). We didn't have anything more that a descent pair of headphones until the Sony 1000XM3's came along. None of the bluetooth speakers accell, they all have a critical flaw. All of our mobile accessories are crap. Printers are total junk. Our cameras are 3 years old or older. The laptops are literally tablet hardware with a wired keyboard, no upgradability and if any part of it breaks it is not repairable. Our entire line of discman and boom boxes are by jenson and you will be lucky to get a year of service out of them before the cd mechanism dies.

If you know anything about electronics and gadgets, you either dont work general retail or you just shut up and serve koolaid.
I think you're a negative person. We sell Otterbox, Speck, Tech21 cases, decent prepaid phones, Fitbits, portable speaker brands such as JBL, UE, and Bose, headphone brands such as Skullcandy, Bose, and Sony, I havent really paid attention to what year the camera was released (who does?) but they are DSLRs that take good pics, GoPros, Switch PS4, Xbox, and the latest games, plus first party and third party licencsed controllers. I admit the LG tvs are pretty bad besides the OLED. The new Samsung 8000 and the Vizio Quantum Dot are very beautiful TVs though. I think you shouldn't be bashing our department like that. People don't come back to buy useless garbage after all.

If I was a negative person I wouldn't be leading my electronics team. I know we sell crap. I accept that we sell crap. I simply don't tell people we sell crap. When asked I try and just highlight the good things. That is how I am still around after so many years.

I think you're a negative person. We sell Otterbox, Speck, Tech21 cases, decent prepaid phones, Fitbits, portable speaker brands such as JBL, UE, and Bose, headphone brands such as Skullcandy, Bose, and Sony, I havent really paid attention to what year the camera was released (who does?) but they are DSLRs that take good pics, GoPros, Switch PS4, Xbox, and the latest games, plus first party and third party licencsed controllers. I admit the LG tvs are pretty bad besides the OLED. The new Samsung 8000 and the Vizio Quantum Dot are very beautiful TVs though. I think you shouldn't be bashing our department like that. People don't come back to buy useless garbage after all.
The DSLR cameras are quite old, I always get people looking for newer models. The only advantage to them being old is that they are on sale for decent prices quite often which makes them easier to sell.

Back