Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

I was helping plano push electronics after the reset this morning and hot damn there's a lot of new stuff in electronics, I thought it was just Heyday but there's like 100,000 new phone cases and headphones and other shit now. I didn't know UnderArmour makes phone cases but they totally do.

LAUT (German: "loud") is an interesting brand name for a phone case, unfortunately they're all for iPhone and there doesn't seem to be a Rammstein themed one...bummer
I have a LAUT case for my phone and it comes apart at the edges. Like, it’s just cheap plastic.

I've had several cords and possibly a charging port damaged because of an OtterBox case. The waterproof plug cover put enough pressure on the cord end that three different cords stopped working on any other device, and then the device that had the case stopped charging at all.

I'm about to splurge on an Otterbox, honestly. Or, at the very least, a Speck case. The $20 cases don't do much.

Check your benefits package. I was browsing the page the other day and realized there were discounts for Otterbox cases.

I've had several cords and possibly a charging port damaged because of an OtterBox case. The waterproof plug cover put enough pressure on the cord end that three different cords stopped working on any other device, and then the device that had the case stopped charging at all.
The one Otterbox case that I’ve had was the Symmetry series, so it was just a regular case with nothing extra. I just had a glass screen protector on it, so it wasn’t bulky or anything.

The one Otterbox case that I’ve had was the Symmetry series, so it was just a regular case with nothing extra. I just had a glass screen protector on it, so it wasn’t bulky or anything.
There is a limited warranty on outerbox. Please check on. Like 5 years.

also it's funny that we carry drones for $799 but we can't seem to stock any half decent laptops at that price point
To be particularly pedantic, we, or at least the two stores I've worked at, don't stock laptops at all. Just notebooks and netbooks. We generally call them laptops, but they aren't.

yeah most of ours are shitty Acer Chromebooks
I understand why some people buy that kind of computer, but I can't. I just can't. I've had, like, 4 laptops in the last 3 years, none less than $300, and I only spent that little because that's the money I had. Computers are something I put money into, and when it comes to desktops, I build them rather than buying them. Which makes me glad to see Target expending into Raspberry Pi and the STEM kits. I'm a bit old for the STEM kits now, but I would have loved those as an adolescent and teenager, and I've got two Raspberry Pi's at home waiting for me to have time to build something.

yeah nothing wrong with spending less on a low end PC if you don't need more or if your budget won't allow, but why use ChromeOS? It's extra fucking useless and fills a niche that doesn't really exist. I would rather use Ubuntu or even Windows 10 for ARM.

Yea. If I were at that low a price point and absolutely needed a keyboard, I'd lean towards our notebooks over a Chromebook or a Windows netbook. I don't like the idea of depending on the internet all the time. Even then, though, out notebooks don't even have hard drives. They just have, like, 32 gigs of SHDC. I'd be leaning towards an 8" Tab A unless the keyboard was absolutely vital. Maybe even an RCA tablet if my budget is low.

As for OSes, I use Windows 10 out of necessity but not like. I'm a PC gamer and use ArcGIS, so I can't get away with Linux, but Microsoft is increasingly pissing me off.

Last edited:
Ok but why buy Speck or Otterbox when things like Spigen exists

I mean we don't sell it but hey, my phone has fallen so many times, and sometimes flat on its face (I thank armour suit screen protector for that one tho) and it doesnt have a single scratch on it

Just love your phone and get something decent

In other news

No one has decided what to do about the backstock

The new STL starts on Monday

4xWSpLj.jpg

I ain't paid enough to deal with this bullshit

In other news

4xWSpLj.jpg

woooooow rip

also we have a deal going on, according to the newest weekly ad, for 20% off select mobile accessories (the pic shows a phone case) for anyone looking to get some new stuff

In other news

4xWSpLj.jpg

ETLs to this: "just have the opener backstock tomorrow after audits"

In other news

4xWSpLj.jpg

Rip

Hopefully the new stl would want someone to backstock

In other news

4xWSpLj.jpg

All that open space. Our electronics stock room is so tiny. Half of that wouldn't fit in it.

I...am the opener OTL

Apparently I'm not supposed to backstock anymore because I need to always be at or very near the boat to provide ~excellent guest service~

Backroom doesn't want it

So everyone is kinda ignoring it rn
Our backroom waits about 4 days to a week before someone will backstock our stuff. By that time the street dated stuff is coming out and I just go grab it off the carts before they get to it.

In other news

4xWSpLj.jpg

The receiver has a number of MIRs that take a bunch of the NOP/Decode back away this week. I bet they'll be pretty fumed scanning through carts of junk 0_o

Back