Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Has any heard about this?

I know Marketsource was leaving some small stores but it's looking like it's more widespread
How do you tell if your store is a low tier store?

I dunno but ours is here to stay for the time being. They get so much business it's insane. Mostly consumer Cellular. Sometimes there will be at least 3 people waiting while they are helping one person. This store isn't ready if we ever switch over. They do a good bit of post pay as well.

My mobile friend just randomly recently moved to Electronics... I wonder if this is why. We’re pretty high volume, though.

It's happening at my store. They did this 3 months ago at a few stores and now its 33o more stores. Friends i know at high tier stores seem to feel safe but i'm sure the goal is to do this at all stores. We're all kind of pissed off about it.

My mobile friend just randomly recently moved to Electronics... I wonder if this is why. We’re pretty high volume, though.

Based on how communication about this was worded for my store, it's very possible. They were vague, but they did say any Marketsource TM that wanted to move would be welcome to as long as they went through the proper interviews

The lead of our Target Tech told me only C stores and below were losing tech. I don’t know If the C refers to the Target store or just the Tech area. Except one of our local stores that is C for both is keeping their rep because the lead gets a lot of sales. I dunno.

Anyways, I have a question since this has happened recently with our techs — how many Tech reps have been arrested at your store? I think we’ve had at least 6. Mostly gift card fraud. A few were stealing phones. One was arrested for something non Target related, murder.

View attachment 5633
You can go on the careers page and see if your store is hiring.
I don’t think they’ve updated it online yet because I was only able to see postings for Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois for the most part. They’ll probably do a mass hiring at the end of July or something since this is supposed to take place in August. Or they’ll just tell current team members to add it onto their workload.

The lead of our Target Tech told me only C stores and below were losing tech. I don’t know If the C refers to the Target store or just the Tech area. Except one of our local stores that is C for both is keeping their rep because the lead gets a lot of sales. I dunno

It's C stores and below for tech only. The idea is that "low mobile volume stores" are a bit of a waste for the commissioned reps to keep staffed and that we can kill two birds with one stone as Spot modernizes.

I imagine it probably also has something to do with the low sales mobile reps being more likely to steal or fraud off gift cards because of low commission.

How do I find out what my store level is? We don't have much mobile volume at my store and we can't reliably staff mobile, but we're not losing them. I feel like having two red shirts at a time with both mobile trained would be a lot more helpful to my store than one mobile and one red shirt. Especially since the mobile guests we do get very often come in after mobile leaves for the night.

It's C stores and below for tech only. The idea is that "low mobile volume stores" are a bit of a waste for the commissioned reps to keep staffed and that we can kill two birds with one stone as Spot modernizes.

I imagine it probably also has something to do with the low sales mobile reps being more likely to steal or fraud off gift cards because of low commission.
Ours is high and they still steal. Lol. Thanks for the info though!

How do I find out what my store level is? We don't have much mobile volume at my store and we can't reliably staff mobile, but we're not losing them. I feel like having two red shirts at a time with both mobile trained would be a lot more helpful to my store than one mobile and one red shirt. Especially since the mobile guests we do get very often come in after mobile leaves for the night.

Well, thing is, we've been told to specifically not count on double-coverage. The idea is we're absorbing their responsibility on top of our own since they don't do "enough sales" to warrant keeping Marketsource around.

Well, thing is, we've been told to specifically not count on double-coverage. The idea is we're absorbing their responsibility on top of our own since they don't do "enough sales" to warrant keeping Marketsource around.
Enough sales doesn’t mean they don’t get bombarded with non sale issues and tech support. Numbers on paper only mean so much. I wish you luck. I’d fucking go work in softlines, and I hate softlines, if they told me I had to sell phones too.

Enough sales doesn’t mean they don’t get bombarded with non sale issues and tech support. Numbers on paper only mean so much. I wish you luck. I’d fucking go work in softlines, and I hate softlines, if they told me I had to sell phones too.
This so much. I've probably spent so much time helping consumer cellular guests that I could probably give myself a months worth of 40 hour weeks.

As far as my tech kiosk goes they are basically as low as you can go as far as sales go. 90% of what they do is CC, 5% Verizon postpaid and everything else in the remaining 5%.

Most of the Marketsource/Radio Shack people we've had only had poor work ethic or attitudes. We haven't had anyone steal.

That would be a problem. If you do get a phone activation, it can take a long time. What about the guests who need unlocks during that period?

That would be a problem. If you do get a phone activation, it can take a long time. What about the guests who need unlocks during that period?

Well, the answer I have so far from leadership is "hardlines will help" when it comes to any necessary backups.

Well, the answer I have so far from leadership is "hardlines will help" when it comes to any necessary backups.
They don't even ring people up at my store when they see them at the boat waiting. They will call someone from electronics to do it and they better hope I'm not working because I'm politely inform them that our register works just like the ones up front. If they can go for back up they can ring someone up in electronics.

Dunno if the opener for today knew what they were coming in to... but I guess I know what all the calls will be about when I cover electronics’ breaks tonight!

There is not a crazy line outside my store like I expected. I guess its best to be prepared just in case.

Back