Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

I do not dread the pops. I enjoy being all like "Nope..we don't have any. We got one box and it is long gone and we wont see another. Maybe you should think twice about giving your hard earned cash to a rediculouse artificaly created hype fueled toy franchise. Enjoy your star bucks. "

NES classic sold out in a couple days.. have not seen any since.

So how's modernization going for everyone? The only thing our electronics team doesn't do is pricing and major resets. However, we do all our own revisions and sometimes the ones in entrainment can feel like a whole reset. As long as I'm given the time though, I knock them out. We could easily do our own pricing. Not sure why the "pricing team" still does it.

The only major dislike I have about three new process is the unload with 5 people at 6am. Most of electronics is at the back of the truck, so sometimes the person that comes in at 7 doesn't get anything to push from the truck until around 830 at the earliest and 930 at the latest. They usually don't work a long shift so then it takes pretty much until 3 or 4 to finish pushing the truck if they sent a decent amount.

I do not dread the pops. I enjoy being all like "Nope..we don't have any. We got one box and it is long gone and we wont see another. Maybe you should think twice about giving your hard earned cash to a rediculouse artificaly created hype fueled toy franchise. Enjoy your star bucks. "

NES classic sold out in a couple days.. have not seen any since.

If only it was that simple...

The Dobby Funko Pop (the 10” one) is kinda creepy. However, I had fun setting that endcap because to the amusement of the guests, it was at the end of my shift and as soon as I set it, I said the “Dobby is a free elf!” Line in Dobby’s voice.

Anyone else feel like Target mobile/tech is absolutely useless. Like morale is so fucking low for our mobile people, they don't even bother anymore. The Mobile TL came in for his shift, told me he wasnt gonna be grabbing keys bc he had "training" to be done and had to do backroom shit. So he disappears to go grab a walkie and comes back with a dunkin drink 20 minutes later. To only disappear again bc he was looking for someone to open the lockbox of keys. (He was sitting down at Tsc)

This all could be traced back to how their DM treats them. He apparently gave him no sympathy when his grandmother died and threatened to write him up.

Anyone else feel like Target mobile/tech is absolutely useless. Like morale is so fucking low for our mobile people, they don't even bother anymore. The Mobile TL came in for his shift, told me he wasnt gonna be grabbing keys bc he had "training" to be done and had to do backroom shit. So he disappears to go grab a walkie and comes back with a dunkin drink 20 minutes later. To only disappear again bc he was looking for someone to open the lockbox of keys. (He was sitting down at Tsc)

This all could be traced back to how their DM treats them. He apparently gave him no sympathy when his grandmother died and threatened to write him up.

Ours already quit to find new jobs.

Ours are always busy. Lots of consumer Cellular folks around here. They also help out when they can, it hasn’t always been this way. I’d rather they deal with consumer Cellular than me.

Our electronics went from having zero coverage (to the point where the STL was running the store from the boat) to being overscheduled and sending the extra TMs to help around the store. One of the new hires is a chick who quit Best Buy, went looking for a job where she could use her gadget knowledge rather than just upselling warranties and ended up here. Don’t blame her at all bc Best Buy fuckin blows. I was helping her train and I’m already impressed. Only had to explain stuff once and m’lady remembers everything. Knows a lot already and keeps the boat organized as fuck, even took the initiative to partner with AP on the particulars of electronics shrinkage. 10/10.

So the Mobile TL doesnt even want to help 60 % of the time, and the other one doesn't mind helping us but fucking despises Marketsource, and doesn't do anything that's required of her besides phone stuff.

Oh man, we're down to 4, and about to lose another one. Lol we can't work with 3 people

Apparently since MarketSource is pulling out of a few stores in our sales district, they have more hours to go around. So instead of just saving money by cutting those hours, they’re going to be staffing 3-4 Mobile reps on a regular basis at my store. I get trying to give people hours, but having 2-3 extra people that do almost nothing 90% of the time seems a little ass-backwards to me...

Apparently since MarketSource is pulling out of a few stores in our sales district, they have more hours to go around. So instead of just saving money by cutting those hours, they’re going to be staffing 3-4 Mobile reps on a regular basis at my store. I get trying to give people hours, but having 2-3 extra people that do almost nothing 90% of the time seems a little ass-backwards to me...
This is why Market source sucks.

Our district is losing a few stores too and they're extending our hours. You would think that they would have one person to do a shift and increase their hours, but they're splitting shifts. So dumb

I’m probably overlooking a myriad circumstances here, but I’ve always wondered why Target has stayed with MarketSource instead of just hiring it’s own exclusively “Mobile” team members. I know they’re doing the whole “Electronics/Mobile” thing in some stores, but that sounds like a huge pain unless Spot allocates sufficient hours... which there’s a good chance they won’t.

There was 3 Target Tech reps and two electronics team members the last few times I worked in electronics. I have to go hide and usually end up zoning in entertainment. Talk about overkill.

Yea, and even if they aren't doing anything, their district manager still insists they never, ever help Electronics guests, only Mobile. I'd really rather just replace them with a second redshirt who can do Mobile and everything else Electronics, but no. Instead we've gotta have one TM, even going into End to End, who also gets a ton of Hardlines zoning to do along with push, backstock, E&E zone, and Mobile.

Back