Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

2-3 months into being a DeLorean Store.

Some things I've noted about it to help future stores when they eventually get it:

Guests still walk past the ink. Nobody knows there's anything BUT TVs in the TV U-area.
Getting rid of landline phones was silly.
There's an extra aisle, it makes everybody's life easier to make a work around so you can mark which aisle is which.
You thought resellers were bad before? Wait until they realize the store got the update because of Apple sales, the sense of entitlement is insane.
For the love of God, put the registers on the same side, and the Mobile laptops on their own table. This will be a nightmare come holiday season if I'm handling a bunch of cash with guests next to me. Covid risk aside.
The iPad/iPhone display underside needs handles instead of locks. We store our AP devices under it, with no other location now, and it's impossible to open.
Guests still ask if we carry android stuff, it's nice having an actual excuse.

Overall it doesn't seem to be too well planned out with the rest of the store and how it functions in mind, and leads to a lot of guests poking fun at how confusing it is. It does look nice though.
Any pictures?

All I have is the picture of the layout my store received. I always say I'll take actual pictures but still haven't gotten around to it. (plus the zone has been pretty bad lately and I don't really wanna show that off)
The TV wall is an isle? Choices. So question. I’ve heard a few different answers from different people. Who is getting the training for the apple products my ETL heard that the people from market source is but I’ve read that Tech Consultants are getting the training. Who is doing what lol.

2-3 months into being a DeLorean Store.

Some things I've noted about it to help future stores when they eventually get it:

Guests still walk past the ink. Nobody knows there's anything BUT TVs in the TV U-area.
Getting rid of landline phones was silly.
There's an extra aisle, it makes everybody's life easier to make a work around so you can mark which aisle is which.
You thought resellers were bad before? Wait until they realize the store got the update because of Apple sales, the sense of entitlement is insane.
For the love of God, put the registers on the same side, and the Mobile laptops on their own table. This will be a nightmare come holiday season if I'm handling a bunch of cash with guests next to me. Covid risk aside.
The iPad/iPhone display underside needs handles instead of locks. We store our AP devices under it, with no other location now, and it's impossible to open.
Guests still ask if we carry android stuff, it's nice having an actual excuse.

Overall it doesn't seem to be too well planned out with the rest of the store and how it functions in mind, and leads to a lot of guests poking fun at how confusing it is. It does look nice though.
A friend sent me this picture last year.

Attachments

• 65E4B1AA-73CC-4D49-AE02-8AEEE9DAD352.png
    65E4B1AA-73CC-4D49-AE02-8AEEE9DAD352.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 58
The TV wall is an isle? Choices. So question. I’ve heard a few different answers from different people. Who is getting the training for the apple products my ETL heard that the people from market source is but I’ve read that Tech Consultants are getting the training. Who is doing what lol.
Marketsource leads are now Apple something or others. More payroll, and pay increases. We still have Marketsource at my store.

I've had Apple Seed training, and I think 3 other Apple trainings, but haven't been told specifically if that's the case. Our electronics payroll also increased.

Marketsource leads are now Apple something or others. More payroll, and pay increases. We still have Marketsource at my store.

I've had Apple Seed training, and I think 3 other Apple trainings, but haven't been told specifically if that's the case. Our electronics payroll also increased.
If pay has increased has your responsibility’s sky rocketed?

Yeah, I wish the counters were a bit bigger. I have nowhere to put items if people decide to checkout at the register. So that's a nightmare, but floor space wise it's definitely more open and I don't feel like I sit at the boat doing nothing as often
My friend said the same thing too.

Yeah, I wish the counters were a bit bigger. I have nowhere to put items if people decide to checkout at the register. So that's a nightmare, but floor space wise it's definitely more open and I don't feel like I sit at the boat doing nothing as often
More opened yes , but no where close as being bigger. Lots of areas went from 5 sections into 2-3 . Floor pad wise looks cleaner but merchandise wise went away . The reason of so much nop

More opened yes , but no where close as being bigger. Lots of areas went from 5 sections into 2-3 . Floor pad wise looks cleaner but merchandise wise went away . The reason of so much nop
For sure, the amount of product lost is insane. Still don't feel like we do a lot of mycheckout though unless we're really trying for them

Back