Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

My store only received 1 of each tho we have the capacity’s to where you would think we would receive more then just 1 of each

Ive been curious about something. Do you guys audit anymore? At my store we really haven't unless something is definitely out of stock. Do you have a routine for auditing like before with the scan all outs twice a week?

Ive been curious about something. Do you guys audit anymore? At my store we really haven't unless something is definitely out of stock. Do you have a routine for auditing like before with the scan all outs twice a week?

we audit daily most of the time it’s the closer who will be able to get the majority of it we have adapted to where we scan all items including outs to make sure everything is all easy peasy & with that in return we have noticed our trucks we will only get what we need and very little if any extra. Our stockroom is almost like a Wild West because of how little is in there

My bad. After scouring through the line listing I see it now. Just weird it doesn’t call for a flex shelf. My ap etl is gonna have a cow.

My bad. After scouring through the line listing I see it now. Just weird it doesn’t call for a flex shelf. My ap etl is gonna have a cow.

That's what my extra flex shelf must be for! Glad I didn't recycle it yet.

That's what my extra flex shelf must be for! Glad I didn't recycle it yet.
Yeah it just doesn’t have the air for it to be legit not blocking product. Bds guy will be in with an updated checklist and hopefully fix the other things that didn’t get done last week.

They installed this extravagant GeForce information screen on the gaming laptops and... Installed no games.. AND CHANGED THE PASSWORD... Anyone know it?

Hey guys, I am new at target, working electronics. So the other day my tm says there is a TV clearance in the backroom and I don't know how long it has been there . So at the end of my shift i took out the TV and I bought it. Now I just got to know about the 15 min rule. Am I in trouble?

Hey guys, I am new at target, working electronics. So the other day my tm says there is a TV clearance in the backroom and I don't know how long it has been there . So at the end of my shift i took out the TV and I bought it. Now I just got to know about the 15 min rule. Am I in trouble?
That depends on your team lead and your AP team, and it's not something we'll be able to answer for you since we are neither of those. Your best option would be to talk to your TL if they haven't already talked to you about it, and be honest about the mistake you made. What they do from there is up to them and the rest of your store's leadership

So those Philips 55" TVs were gone in less than an hour after store open. All OPUs. All seperate guests. Hbu? Any scalpers?

At my store, if they find out you'd be fired.

So those Philips 55" TVs were gone in less than an hour after store open. All OPUs. All seperate guests. Hbu? Any scalpers?

IDK. We had four Philips TVs that were gone within a day. Which was fuckin' *weird*. TL and I expected those pallets to sit there for months

It's a Select Buy 2 Get 1, so not every PS4 and X1 games are on it, too. Some games that are on there are also for games this week, like Mario & Sonic 2020 and Just Dance 2020.
Our SD said to just give it to the guest! They don't understand the term "Select."

Last edited:
Our SD said to just give it to the guest! They don't understand the term "Select."
Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. That's a max of $60 less in sales. If anything, this sale is great for newer games as you could sell a guest a newer game or 2 that's part of the select options, or if they're buying one of those new games already, sell them 2 more games.

Had my first day in Tech, and I already feel more comfortable overall. Like I thought, it's a lot of my old jobs rolled up into one with some signing and printing. I feel completely natural whenever I talk with guests here than at front end given their questions.

Mad props to the Philips hue display team for making a little raspberry pi device that turns the existing Philips hue display into a rainbow. I literally just plugged it in and it somehow found the bulb and automatically started changing the colors. I'm surprised how it was even able to find the bulb with no internet. Or maybe there's a sim card in it?

Mad props to the Philips hue display team for making a little raspberry pi device that turns the existing Philips hue display into a rainbow. I literally just plugged it in and it somehow found the bulb and automatically started changing the colors. I'm surprised how it was even able to find the bulb with no internet. Or maybe there's a sim card in it?

mhmm interesting how to get that to happen at my store at least that way it be easier to demo/sell

Back