Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

We have our Reset over half set already so once we got in the transition product it was easy peasy to push right to the floor. We are still working thru what we can but we were directed to leave heavy ones like the video game isles for the week of so the presentation team has something to work on since they have the hours and people scheduled for the week to do it. We did the TV wall last week and it was a cake walk for us. We were able to make a section in the stockroom as a Transition section. Our Etl wasn’t a big fan but our Store Director loved it. It adds just another layer of maybe a to organized backroom we have
Almost got a corrective action today for setting early. I'll let them deal with them shoving the entire truck in the back room every day.

We have our Reset over half set already so once we got in the transition product it was easy peasy to push right to the floor. We are still working thru what we can but we were directed to leave heavy ones like the video game isles for the week of so the presentation team has something to work on since they have the hours and people scheduled for the week to do it. We did the TV wall last week and it was a cake walk for us. We were able to make a section in the stockroom as a Transition section. Our Etl wasn’t a big fan but our Store Director loved it. It adds just another layer of maybe a to organized backroom we have
This is a fantasy world for me lol. Our backroom is TRASHED, cluttered, and a general pain to work in.

Almost got a corrective action today for setting early. I'll let them deal with them shoving the entire truck in the back room every day.
Yeah at my store I asked if I could set it early and they firmly told me: NO. Then my etl told me it wasnt electronic's assigned task so leave it be. Oh well i tried being a good Tech team member but if im gonna get in trouble for setting early id rather not.

Yeah at my store I asked if I could set it early and they firmly told me: NO. Then my etl told me it wasnt electronic's assigned task so leave it be. Oh well i tried being a good Tech team member but if im gonna get in trouble for setting early id rather not.
Wait you were told no to set early? Crazy . So I guess if I go ahead and say that mine just started today and we are doing it overnight must be a big NO NO for other stores . Yikes thank God my SD has some brain and won’t fight on what’s best for the business

My store is setting early. Tv wall only has a couple more. They finished entertainment Tuesday, and are working next week's tech sets now. ETL log said they may as well set instead of locating all the transition. If we didn't, the floor would be empty.

Since pre-order cards are no-longer a thing, how would you guys like me to make signs for products you can print out on 7x11 and place to promote myCheckout pre-orders?

Since pre-order cards are no-longer a thing, how would you guys like me to make signs for products you can print out on 7x11 and place to promote myCheckout pre-orders?
View attachment 8926
I do something similar to this already but it’s a binder with barcodes. It’s a mix of coming soon & preorder. It’s a mix of anything able to be preordered video games/music/movies/Funko to also coming soon as well

The best. Actually not that bad for my people. Other than the fact the pog gym lead didn’t feel the need to pretie anything. Or pre plan anything so I had to head that up. Got my lock boxes shifted. Waiting on Nintendo to show up to install the switch lite display next to the switch.

Why did they need to swap around all the fucking cases.

What am I supposed to do with the cases we no longer need.

I'll stop complaining, none of our cases really moved. One moved up, one came out, that's it.

Recycle them on the next sweep truck. Or keep them in your lock up on the top shelves ....just in case. Then in a year when you still don't need them, recycle them.

View attachment 8926
So, that's just like buying something on the website or app, but just in-store via a TM and a myDevice, right?
Also, I'm moving into Electronics on the next schedule, so gonna join you all in here, asking some questions for awhile and otherwise talking about other things.

But let's see.

I'm leading the transition. Had the two TMs do Nintendo Playstation and Xbox. I did Home Theater, Inv Boat Merchandisers, VG5 (gaming headphones), VG9 (collectibles), Retro Crap, Phone EC, TV Mount, and Small Screens. Tackling Contract 1, 3, 5 tomorrow and MAYBE Heyday EC. TMs doing Charging and Phone Accessories.

Do some stores have a Contract 2 or 4?

We started setting late last week

Legacy, Ink, Networking, Calculators, Computer Accessories(both pogs), Home theater and Decks are all done

The official Day 1 for us since we started early the GM team was able to do video games besides Nintendo & besides that only have Cameras,Laptops,& Legacy left for the week. Tech was able to take care of over 30 so the GM team which is behind due to the amount of work in previous areas didn’t have to worry about much so they can try to catch up.

We started with the small pogs and worked are way up to the bigger pogs. If areas were light and or guest traffic was more demanding of the product we made sure those were set ASAP. Phone cases & acresories, & prepaid were the ones in that case. Electronics should be 100% set by end of day Wednesday.

But let's see.

I'm leading the transition. Had the two TMs do Nintendo Playstation and Xbox. I did Home Theater, Inv Boat Merchandisers, VG5 (gaming headphones), VG9 (collectibles), Retro Crap, Phone EC, TV Mount, and Small Screens. Tackling Contract 1, 3, 5 tomorrow and MAYBE Heyday EC. TMs doing Charging and Phone Accessories.

Do some stores have a Contract 2 or 4?

At one point we had Contract 1-5. Down to 1-4 since 5 was Comcast which went away last transition.

So, that's just like buying something on the website or app, but just in-store via a TM and a myDevice, right?
Also, I'm moving into Electronics on the next schedule, so gonna join you all in here, asking some questions for awhile and otherwise talking about other things.
Yes myCheckout can create online orders, the thing is when you do it on the myCheckout they ALWAYS get free shipping. 60 dollars of towels, free shipping, headphone dongle for 9 dollars, free shipping. Even without a red card.

Back