Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Who at Corporate thought it was a good idea to pretty much to pretty much rechange everything in the PS4 pog so close after a transition

Mad props to the Philips hue display team for making a little raspberry pi device that turns the existing Philips hue display into a rainbow. I literally just plugged it in and it somehow found the bulb and automatically started changing the colors. I'm surprised how it was even able to find the bulb with no internet. Or maybe there's a sim card in it?
Oooo that’s cool. When did this come in? I haven’t seen one at my store

Oooo that’s cool. When did this come in? I haven’t seen one at my store

We lost ours with the last reset. They took away half of my cables and replaced them with shelves of small televisions. It's going to upset a lot of guests since the folks that need that at 8:05 tend to need them badly.

Anyone elses PS4 Pog came in with 4 extra sections that are basically repeating it self

Quick question, so after the transition I had an overflowing tri cart of discontinued phone cases. I figured they were gonna drop as an IR because there were a bunch of 080’s in there. My team lead told me they needed flexed out which is the usual process, what you guys do with all of your discontinued? Would it normally get flexed but in special circumstances get backstocked so it can drop in an IR?

So, does anyone have any tips on how to do opening shifts a bit more efficiently? I understand how to do one on a Truck day (wait until they're done in emptying the truck and organizing it and then work on repacks+deliveries), but does anyone have their own procedure that works well that I can use as a base? Things are relatively easy so far, I just need to learn how to make things faster and better.

Quick question, so after the transition I had an overflowing tri cart of discontinued phone cases. I figured they were gonna drop as an IR because there were a bunch of 080’s in there. My team lead told me they needed flexed out which is the usual process, what you guys do with all of your discontinued? Would it normally get flexed but in special circumstances get backstocked so it can drop in an IR?
This one depends on store. For my experience, we would initially backstock the d-code if there was a lot, normally to wait till we had somewhere to put it. We then made it a project to get done with Plano work. That makes it easy pickings if it drops as an IR, too. Now, theoretically it shouldn't matter if it's backstocked or not, an IR should drop either way as long as you show on hand counts.

Now, as was already mentioned earlier, whoever is doing the IR doesn't technically have to look for it if it isn't backstocked. So, I guess go with what your TL said and then talk to your receiver (or whoever does your IRs) to see what they would prefer so you can facilitate that conversation with your TL.

So, does anyone have any tips on how to do opening shifts a bit more efficiently? I understand how to do one on a Truck day (wait until they're done in emptying the truck and organizing it and then work on repacks+deliveries), but does anyone have their own procedure that works well that I can use as a base? Things are relatively easy so far, I just need to learn how to make things faster and better.
So, it's been a while since I've opened, but here are some general tips:

First, make yourself a routine if you haven't already. The more you do it, the faster you can do it. Make a list of the things you have to accomplish in the shift, and organize them in a logical order. Plus you're likely to find your own ways to make it more efficient as you do it more.

Second, do things in bigger batches where possible. It's more efficient to do things in one big batch than ten small batches that you have to take time between. This could be as simple as turning all the TVs on at once or putting security on whole groups of items at once. Or it could be something like keeping sections of aisles zoned as you push product, keeping lockboxes zoned while grabbing product for a guest/OPU.

Third, do what you can to reduce your step count (within reason). For example, instead of taking two items of abandoned back separately, take both and put one back on the way to the second one. If you have to grab the cage from truck, take back anything that belongs in the backroom on the way. There are many ways of doing this, and you can always put your own spin on it.

Long story short, find a rhythm that works for you and keep yourself organized where possible. The less running around you do, the more efficient you're generally able to be.

Hope everyone’s Star Wars/Pokémon launches go great. I know we have plenty inventory of both. The Free Funko item for Star Wars we have limited but we are substituting once sold out to get rid of some Episode 8 Funko inventory that is so old that it hasn’t gone clearance and has a 500+ days since last sold. Though it states Quanties Limited, No rain checks.

Also tomorrow starts Funko Friday’s I don’t see a exact big line for the first release but come 12/6 that Friday release will be a big one for sure.

So out of curiosity what do you guys do to keep your phone cases organized/divided without having to cut the magnet dividers to length to fit the small shelves?

Back