Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Got asked today why no one pushed the books? IDK, ask GM...
lmaoooo me

opener handing off to me and and is like "and there's a uboat of books to push" and im just like "ok sounds like a gm problem"

the closing tl sees the uboat in the back 30 min before close and is like "oooo u got a lot of work to do" and i was like "yeah you should let gm know"

yeah, it's gm

since i'm so used to doing entertainment, i would normally have no issue doing them anyways BUT when the rules only apply when its convenient for them i get rly salty

"tech dont leave the boat"
"oh but tech can you do this uboat of domestics?"

"tech where are you ????"
"uh pulling..the 3 o clocks ?"
"i TS P EAK HOU R S /???? GET ON THE FL O O R ?"

"tech can you teach the new tm how to do rfid?"
"uh sure -walks towards style to how the more than magic stuff after scanning tech-"
"T EH C WHERE ARE U GOING ??? WHOS CO V E RIN G"

"tech can you help out in toys rn it looks rly rough today"
"tech ur zone looks rly beat up can u fix that"
"tech ur backroom is a mess"

like no fuck ya'll if you wanna play that game i'll play it back

yeah, it's gm

since i'm so used to doing entertainment, i would normally have no issue doing them anyways BUT when the rules only apply when its convenient for them i get rly salty

"uh sure -walks towards style to how the more than magic stuff after scanning tech-"

Entertainment is GM’s problem now if they can only schedule correctly they won’t have so much stuff just sitting around reshop included. Our SD knows this and has gotten with the ETL GM on it as well but yea scheduling is a issue still in that area.

The only issue Tech is having here besides a non existent ETL SS is break/lunch coverage. Who ever covers including leads at times do not even cover it near the department.

Yeah they pick and choose what they want to hear from Workbench. It was merely days after they pull out a Workbench article on me that says pre-tying should only be done by leaders, and then they told me "I DON'T CARE WHAT WORKBENCH SAYS" when I pull out the article where Tech is not allowed to be pulled to other areas.

Entertainment is GM’s problem now if they can only schedule correctly they won’t have so much stuff just sitting around reshop included. Our SD knows this and has gotten with the ETL GM on it as well but yea scheduling is a issue still in that area.

The only issue Tech is having here besides a non existent ETL SS is break/lunch coverage. Who ever covers including leads at times do not even cover it near the department.
here we have 4 shifts...

8-12
12-3/4
3/4-7
7-11

its absolutely shit, like they don't want to cover lunches so they pull this bs

the amount of call outs we get on the 3 hour shift is insane, no one follows up with what then last person was working on and the leads never check up on us unless the fucking button goes off and they ask why we arent at the boat to get it (sometimes im....literally the next aisle over but go off i guess?)

and my backroom is still a god damn mess but of course i cant go back there to fix it, but then "tech ur location accuracy is so bad ???" yeah tell that to the other tms who are backstocking and probably rushing thru it

my fave part is where they say there's no hours to give us full shifts but all those short shifts adds up to more hours than 2 long ones. whoever covers us on the rare occasions we have lunches dont even stay at tech so idk what the problem is lmao

Style got stuck in media today it was hysterical but dam did they destroy 3 really full uboats
I love that! I'm Style TL and currently teaching myself tech (already good with beauty). I cover most of the breaks when I'm on, our VM actually does it when I'm not there. I'm starting to teach my style team gradually about basic things like how to open cases and such so they can assist with tech when needed, usually our entertainment guy has things under control.

here we have 4 shifts...

8-12
12-3/4
3/4-7
7-11

its absolutely shit, like they don't want to cover lunches so they pull this bs

the amount of call outs we get on the 3 hour shift is insane, no one follows up with what then last person was working on and the leads never check up on us unless the fucking button goes off and they ask why we arent at the boat to get it (sometimes im....literally the next aisle over but go off i guess?)

and my backroom is still a god damn mess but of course i cant go back there to fix it, but then "tech ur location accuracy is so bad ???" yeah tell that to the other tms who are backstocking and probably rushing thru it

my fave part is where they say there's no hours to give us full shifts but all those short shifts adds up to more hours than 2 long ones. whoever covers us on the rare occasions we have lunches dont even stay at tech so idk what the problem is lmao
If you get full shifts, you'd get benefits. That's too expensive. Rather screw everything up with tiny shifts

yeah, it's gm

This sounds like exactly what leadership at my store pulled before I left.

Makes me wonder if most stores just lost all interest in allowing their Tech department to function.

My Tech team is slim we all get full shifts we proved our point when the ETL said 7 Tech consultants should be able to work as a group in the department 3 quit within a week 1 got the boot we are the only department in our district that’s been comping up in sales and been green in all metrics for over a year
my store's tech is three people, one being iffy as he loves gaming the worker's comp system, and we get full shifts + crazy comps.

yeah, it's gm

SNIP

See... thats why you need to grow some thick skin and tell your bosses no. -_- Or atleast outline exactly what is going to happen. My zone isnt started, but you want me to help another area? My zone will suffer, is that alright with you? 3 oclocks... 3 oclocks what are those? We do one for ones once a day and its like 30 items if were lucky. Since not a single one of them should be outs, there is zero reason to need to do them again. zero. And if my store was doing 3 oclocks... I would demand a quick answer as to why you would ever call me to the floor at 3:00 wondering where I was. You know damn well where I am. I do my job and do it well, but things come up and I will not tolerate any of their games. They don't pay enough.

We're starting to get stuff more organized and cleaned up in the back. Not nearly as much as I thought there was tbh. We're also now backstocking all future revision items instead of putting the box on the floor where it wouldn't be in the way or new release section, which makes sense in hindsight. I've made up a plan where said revisions are backstocked close to each other as well as near the front of the sections. Of course, movies are in the movie section and books are in the book section, but location itself doesn't matter for those, like how I've been putting the small paperbacks together when possible.

We're starting to get stuff more organized and cleaned up in the back. Not nearly as much as I thought there was tbh. We're also now backstocking all future revision items instead of putting the box on the floor where it wouldn't be in the way or new release section, which makes sense in hindsight. I've made up a plan where said revisions are backstocked close to each other as well as near the front of the sections. Of course, movies are in the movie section and books are in the book section, but location itself doesn't matter for those, like how I've been putting the small paperbacks together when possible.

we have a dedicated spot for all New Release/Street Date items everything else just gets back stocked as normal

See... thats why you need to grow some thick skin and tell your bosses no. -_- Or atleast outline exactly what is going to happen. My zone isnt started, but you want me to help another area? My zone will suffer, is that alright with you? 3 oclocks... 3 oclocks what are those? We do one for ones once a day and its like 30 items if were lucky. Since not a single one of them should be outs, there is zero reason to need to do them again. zero. And if my store was doing 3 oclocks... I would demand a quick answer as to why you would ever call me to the floor at 3:00 wondering where I was. You know damn well where I am. I do my job and do it well, but things come up and I will not tolerate any of their games. They don't pay enough.
oh yeah i def have the thick skin, and i say no to all of it

what ends up happening is i come in and find my tech with a uboat of domestics and im like like

yeah no that shit's going back to the line. want me to do gm work, give me gm hours. like how they complained abt us taking gm hours when we had toys cover our breaks/lunches so only other specialty areas cover us now.

i told my new etl ss all this basically and said "if u guys play those games i play em right back" and she was like ok got u and took the books that came in my repacks

I'm out until Sunday. I hope someone catches that before they put them on the floor. (Spoiler: They won't.)

Back