Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

If that's recent it's probably because the person "covering" tech was someone from style or beauty who just had the keys because yet again no one was actually scheduled for tech until 11 or after 5.
thats what i was thinking

BUT we do have a a couple tech tms who will straight up say idk abt x

also the entire mobile dept would do the same and lately we have been having 2-3 at a time, 4 on weekends.

I know almost everything EXCEPT for cameras. I will always offer to read the reviews for them, besides telling them the obvious like Cannon being a more prestigious brand.

View attachment 10351

oof wasnt me at least lmao

That’s why we have at my store gotten to the point with any new product that roles around have plenty of info for like a reading kind of training since you can’t trust workday on actual training or sometimes actual time. It’s also guest friendly to so if a guest has the look on their face of not believing us we can show and let them read as well

That’s why we have at my store gotten to the point with any new product that roles around have plenty of info for like a reading kind of training since you can’t trust workday on actual training or sometimes actual time. It’s also guest friendly to so if a guest has the look on their face of not believing us we can show and let them read as well
SellPro has been pretty good for information on new HP stuff. Did you know the HP laser printer we sell is the smallest laser printer in the world? Still waiting on the HP Smart Tanks they showed off on SellPro. And Cannon has information on there too but I doubt we are are going to sell those cameras ever.

thats what i was thinking

BUT we do have a a couple tech tms who will straight up say idk abt x

also the entire mobile dept would do the same and lately we have been having 2-3 at a time, 4 on weekends.

Ahh, my store's tech team are all expert bullshitters. They won't bother if it's something small like a screen protector, but when it comes to the lockup stuff they all know how to bullshit. It's mostly just steering guests to the most expensive stuff, but they're good at it.

One of them tried it on my once when I went into buy Beats. Tried to upsell me to wireless Bose. I was all, Bro, you know how much I make an hour. The Bose aren't happening. Beats have better base anyway.

that would be pretty useful, but like... mirrorless vs dslr isnt even a new product or anything weve had the same cameras for years they should have at least been able to answer those types of questions if someone asked ,,,
Ahh, my store's tech team are all expert bullshitters. They won't bother if it's something small like a screen protector, but when it comes to the lockup stuff they all know how to bullshit. It's mostly just steering guests to the most expensive stuff, but they're good at it.

One of them tried it on my once when I went into buy Beats. Tried to upsell me to wireless Bose. I was all, Bro, you know how much I make an hour. The Bose aren't happening. Beats have better base anyway.
what beats were you getting that wireless bose was too much of an upgrade lol

at least bose wont break just by looking at em funny

F that hoe for trying to buy a damn camera during a damn pandemic!
Uhmmm.... You can be outside and not be near people. Lighten up Francis.

Knowing about digital cameras and knowing about prosumer cameras are 2 different things. Honestly though, needing to know what the image quality is and the quality of the lenses demands online research. So F that hoe for not doing any before throwing down 5 Benjamins.

Bruh, beats and Bose are both crap. Our best headphones are the Sony 1000 xm3. And if you were looking for an audiophile level headset I would say look online. The xm3 is great, but maybe a little too bass heavy. It also uses a lot of processing with the amp, line in without power sounds bad.

Bruh, beats and Bose are both crap. Our best headphones are the Sony 1000 xm3. And if you were looking for an audiophile level headset I would say look online. The xm3 is great, but maybe a little too bass heavy. It also uses a lot of processing with the amp, line in without power sounds bad.
WH1000XM4's are coming.

that would be pretty useful, but like... mirrorless vs dslr isnt even a new product or anything weve had the same cameras for years they should have at least been able to answer those types of questions if someone asked ,,,

Yea cameras need a new product refresh we went from 16 feet at the start of the 2010s to just 4 feet now.

I prefer My Powerbeats Pro even over Airpods but that’s just a preference

Yea cameras need a new product refresh we went from 16 feet at the start of the 2010s to just 4 feet now.

I prefer My Powerbeats Pro even over Airpods but that’s just a preference

I can easily see that, I want to try out the Sony xm3 buds but I just have too many headphones.

How’s everyone with their Tv inventory lately?

Pretty empty. A few models above 60 inches. 75 tcl is just collecting dust.

I can easily see that, I want to try out the Sony xm3 buds but I just have too many headphones.

We are already been digging up all the info on the new headphones we will be carrying soon so we can be prepared

We have 4 models available to sell 2 of which are for a upcoming reset. We have 20 feet of steel for the Tvs in the back and it’s all empty but thanks to our PML got a deep cleaning.

bruh same, i have a few pairs, a couple from when i went to south korea and japan and i just... want more

that being said, anyone know if the samsung galaxy buds any good? we have a pair chillin in the back ive been eyeing

The big wired over the ear Beats. They're pretty sweet. The wireless Bose earbuds can't compare with the sound. Earbuds don't have the bass depth. My Rage Against the Machine playlist needs old school big headphones to sound right.

that being said, anyone know if the samsung galaxy buds any good? we have a pair chillin in the back ive been eyeing

I heard good things about the second gen, but not the first. I don't give em a chance unless they use at least aptx. Basic sbc level compression for Bluetooth is bad.

I heard good things about the second gen, but not the first. I don't give em a chance unless they use at least aptx. Basic sbc level compression for Bluetooth is bad.
Yeah, from experience selling a bunch of the Galaxy buds, the second gen ones are miles better for connectivity and sound quality, plus the battery lasts a ton longer. Even better considering the price difference is only like $30, the second gens are the far better buy.

View attachment 10370
View attachment 10371

i was gone for 2 days......

and theres a crap ton of unlocated and inacurate counts ...........pls

Feel very bad for ya. Our stockroom luckily is kept clean especially after the Ship/Opu team got chewed out on from the GM ETL after AP had a visit one time and they found unlocated scty items and pulled the reports and every error or last time pulled was from someone doing Ship/OPU.

Back