Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

When they go like that espically now I’m like these that are out here In boxes are the ones we have in stock besides the ones 65 and higher. We are actually almost completely out of all Tvs among many other things
you guys put out 55s? 43 and higher we have in the back

we actually had the tv in stock, but we are out of everything except some of the bigger tvs

did find some unlocated 32s in the back earlier tho e.e

we actually had the tv in stock, but we are out of everything except some of the bigger tvs

Depending on the store layout, Plano calls for up to 55" TVs on the basedeck. AP also ok'd it for my store since nothing expensive ever got plano'd there.

It’s getting to be nice to actually get a chance to get a deep sweep and dust with all the empty space now in the backroom in our stockroom/ tv area

they give you guys time to do that?

It’s not they give us time we make the time if it’s just 1-2hrs a day between opener and closer. We are able to do a lot of cleaning and upkeep in our stockroom. We have been recognized for it from District and Group Leaders while our ETL gets the opposite. Even on the sales floor we are able to keep up with all aspects of the term DBO. Metrics, Sales, Comps we are able to speak right to them. It’s not from Leadership assistance on any of that I’m the one from the start of the Modernization that lead the team on all aspects. You can say the carrot is dangled but not technically I challenged it the 1 time and was told I was too valuable to be promoted out of the department the DSD & HRBP was there as well and after a long group convo the DSD & HRBP agreed but also challenged the HR ETL & SD at the time saying I should be recognized for it so via them I get the benefits like a lead minus the extra pay but also Im the 1 in the District that any SS ETL/TL needs Tech Training I’m the one they partner with in the District. For the 3 completely new stores in our district within the last 5 years when they were on boarding/doing the planorama for those stores I go for those and help I even helped with interviews along side the ETL SS for those stores. I might not be coded as a lead but from store and district level I’m considered it

Do you guys keep any old, discontinued games in the back or do you have them out at all times at an endcap or two or pushed out into empty spots?

Wow. So neat and clean. You must not have any guests lol.
Our back end cap with video games is routinely trashed on a good day. On a bad day the games migrate all over the building. And then the guests complain they can't find anything after dumping it all. Including on the floor and base deck
Fun times always

Anyone else lose a ton of hours for HR/TL to put in for Electronics and are put into other sections to compensate+have a Tech member in the morning?

Anyone else lose a ton of hours for HR/TL to put in for Electronics and are put into other sections to compensate+have a Tech member in the morning?

Yes, it's annoying. Tech TMs are given fulfillment hours. It sucks for everyone because our tech TMs go to extraordinary lengths to avoid doing fulfillment most of the time and at some point everyday fulfillment is going to need all hands on deck to handle OPU surges. It certainly seems like things are still busy back in tech, so I don't know why we can't just schedule tech TMs in their own workcenter.

Yes, it's annoying. Tech TMs are given fulfillment hours. It sucks for everyone because our tech TMs go to extraordinary lengths to avoid doing fulfillment most of the time and at some point everyday fulfillment is going to need all hands on deck to handle OPU surges. It certainly seems like things are still busy back in tech, so I don't know why we can't just schedule tech TMs in their own workcenter.
Because corporate cut hours to give for that department. I'm stuck doing Toys alongside Texh and I do not want to see how little of the truck we get done the next few weeks.

Do you guys keep any old, discontinued games in the back or do you have them out at all times at an endcap or two or pushed out into empty spots?
We have a 4 ft section down by our giftcard run. We also have a few shelves added above the cases in a few 4 ft sections of the home location.

I've been trying to compensate for my cut hours by working fullfillment shifts.. id like to work my usual number of hours in tech but.. we just don't get that many hours despite being so busy.

My store has tech leaving early now. I'm waiting to see how long that sticks with the skeleton crew having to do all those end of night go backs and having to rush for that call box and deal with the questions that don't stop until 9pm.

Back