Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Set it last week. Sold maybe a couple things so far off it. The expensive watch bands are annoying because they don’t fit in our keeper boxes.

maybe it’s time to have a chat with your coworker about setting more appropriate expectations in regards to switches coming in. Or have your TL do it.

So far has sold zero and doing a little research these are the same that was sold at Best Buy and the reviews weren’t good

we have a store rule that works very well if it’s not in our physical hands or sight we don’t have it we are not to trust the screen with the eta date and not to disclose any info to guests

I have confronted him twice he just denies it....its been going on for years leadership knows

I have confronted him twice he just denies it....its been going on for years leadership knows

if those guests call back by chance always state during the opening line your out of so and so items that could help ease things and if they pressure more into always state we don’t know when they will come in best thing to do is be in line at store open there is never a guarantee

I agree nintendo switch helps with my anxiety so IDC if they come in I will sell them a nintendo switch if we have...problem is my coworker tells so many guests that we are getting them when we are not then I end up up with a crowd of angry guests at 8am and walk away with nothing.

we have a store rule that works very well if it’s not in our physical hands or sight we don’t have it we are not to trust the screen with the eta date and not to disclose any info to guests
I tell people i havent seen one in 20 days, they show up randonly with no warning , best idea is show up at 7, if we have it, we will know then. 2nd best is call, but we will not hold one for them. So really its all about managed expectations, will we get one in tommrow? Nope, .... would i tell you if i was? Nope.

id never tell them to come in at opening tbh i even tell them call after 8:30 (my store opens at 8)

we're usually still unloading the truck and i am not about to try and dig for it go away until like 8:30, 9 preferable

The closer prints out the next trucks info via greenfield and if I ever close I will put it in my email on what on demand items will be In the truck. Usually 15-20 mins after we are open I’m usually pulling the pulls and/or already grabbing truck. I sort everything in the backroom to save steps on things that don’t need to go out to the floor just to come back anyway.

I swear, our department has a curse. As soon as we hire a new person, something happens to one of us shortly after and we're back to 3 people again. Half of us left at the beginning of the year and then we hire one person and they either can't work at this Target anymore due to a move or a personal reason. We're back to 3 people starting May 2nd. Bleh

I swear, our department has a curse. As soon as we hire a new person, something happens to one of us shortly after and we're back to 3 people again. Half of us left at the beginning of the year and then we hire one person and they either can't work at this Target anymore due to a move or a personal reason. We're back to 3 people starting May 2nd. Bleh

That’s the magic # for us that we have proved “works” with modernization during non Q4 times

god i WISH we had 3 people, i definitely agree with it being the magic #

we have 6 "regulars" (tho one is a new hire) and lately they have been putting a beauty tm and style tm in tech as "support" like ??? just put in a tech person neither of them want to be here and complain all shift and/or do nothing

and its an absolute mess because trying to figure out who did what, who's doing what, and general communication is a bitch

and its a big habit of ours to call out of 3 hour shifts cos aint nobody got time for that

actually call outs are just a big habit, theres usually call outs out the ass i swear w 3-4 people there were never this much call outs

i just want my small, close knit team back 🥺

One of ours became a closing expert and we were so happy we would get decent hours now with one less... AND THEN THEY HIRED SOMEONE AGAIN

It honestly wouldn't be so bad if our TL started looking for someone when the first person left back in January. We lost 2 more shortly after and its been like this ever since. We have basically no one to call in to cover if needed, especially if they got sick at all, and its impossible to ask for a decent vacation if needed. Also, I'm the only one who can do Sunday ad set at the moment and I want someone else that can, but that's besides the point.

I challenged my etl on staffing my etl wanted 7/8 like the the store they came from & I was like I know what works here and if u expect things to get done and metrics not to be red and bonuses stick with what the seasoned vet knows. My ETL tried and failed miserably & since then it’s been interesting to say the least

Why does the system let pickup orders be placed for TVs with 1 on hand (the display)? It’s inconsistent, some it doesn’t allow an order but most it seems to.

Why does the system let pickup orders be placed for TVs with 1 on hand (the display)? It’s inconsistent, some it doesn’t allow an order but most it seems to.
It might have to do with how the planogram is made. Anything explicitly set to have a display unit on hand shouldn't pull it for OPU. If a TV's plano location doesn't explicitly call it as a display, it might try to pull it because the system doesn't expect a display to exist.

So, had my review today with my Team Lead. Went very well, but found out that we should already be having one starting soon and as I thought, their line of thinking is to have enough people to do everything while still giving us good hours, which is understandable. I think this year is just an outlier though with everything going on so normally this time of year would, I assume, be smaller trucks and less frequent but that can't happen due to all the buying everyone's doing. I explained to them why I think 5 is enough given everything I've seen and my situation once I get my theater job back, which who the hell knows at this point, and they agreed.

We have the truck unloader let us know when they unload switches and put it in the cage. Then tech will run back there and grab just the switches. Rather sell them ASAP and get the cranky people out of electronics sooner than later.

I don’t usually post here but I overheard a conversation with the ETL and the closing TL.

ETL “There was never a time when he wasn’t with a guest and had at least one or two waiting for help. That’s no excuse for him not completing his workload.”

WTAF?

I feel so bad for you guys.

I don’t usually post here but I overheard a conversation with the ETL and the closing TL.

ETL “There was never a time when he wasn’t with a guest and had at least one or two waiting for help. That’s no excuse for him not completing his workload.”

WTAF?

I feel so bad for you guys.

I keep being told that the time written on the Uboat takes guest interaction into account. Uh-huh, sure.

Add social distancing in and my day goes from "eh, I can't do all this but it's okay" to "panic attack the entire shift."

I have a long weekend after tomorrow and I'm going to earn every second of it by being in the building with the TL responsible for this (or at least the one crawling up my ass over it in particular). There is literally no winning. None.

Last edited:
This matches conversations line-for-line I had with ETLs regarding the electronics team before I quit. No matter how much evidence I had that the team was doing as much as they could, no matter how busy things got running E&E on single coverage all week long, the ETLs were never of any opinion except that the TMs needed to work faster/streamline/be more efficient.

i literally cant stand the etls who think that way

one in particular keeps trying to pull tech to do other depts in the store (entertainment, domestics, toys mainly) because "you aren't doing anything else"

im the only one who says no i have shit to do in m y department with m y specialty hours

so she's gotten real petty w me. the second im not at the boat, ELECTRONICSSSS WHY ARENT U AT THE BOAT?

me, pulling 1:1s, "uh... im pulling?"
"but its peak hours i need u at the boat"
3pm, is not what id call, peak hours ,

mobile has told me she ONLY does it w me

button goes off? add'l assist? KAITII WHERE TF R U

i also HATE that they tell me i shouldnt be in the backroom so much but maybe i wouldnt have to if the others didnt fuck up location accuracy so bad

every time i go back after a day off i find unlocated shit and generally messy as fuck wacos

no one pulls the 1:1s and mine always end up massive for tech (30-60) so between trying to pull and fix mistakes im back there for "a long time" (approx 30-60min for maintenance and pulls)

i try to do this in the mornings before i get my cage and its still pretty dead

like this morning, tried to fix up a bit and the stl was like "u dont work in the backroom u work on the salesfloor where u sell things and help guests"

"and an accurate backroom is where sales start" if shits unlocated how are we gonna pull and sell it?

"and the salesfloor is where sales end and u need to be to help guests"

me, pointing to THE EMPTY TECH DEPT AT 8:30 ON SENIOR DAY ,

like i'll admit there is a time and a place to go work on the backroom, i cant do it during rushes duh

but if i dont do it they start bitching about the backroom and at that point its so messy they have to schedule someone to fix it

anyways im always salty

"do you have the 55 inch tv in stock?"
"uh which one"
"the 55 inch"
"uh which one"
"the 55 inch" -vaguely gestures to the tv wall-
"uh... the tcl?
"yeah the 55 inch"

why are people like this

When they go like that espically now I’m like these that are out here In boxes are the ones we have in stock besides the ones 65 and higher. We are actually almost completely out of all Tvs among many other things

Back