Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Is anyone having issues with guests asking for street dated items? Transformers wwe lol mario legos gi joe etc.....i have guests asking to look for them in the back which we have but not set....gm lead says if they call corporate we have to search for the item if its not street dated....apparantly there is a post that target is selling gi joe on the 1st instead of the 14th. I dont think my leaders are aware. How do you all deal with this. And how does some stores leak/sell these items before street date?
If the pog isn’t set and it’s probably in a nop pallet, theyre sol. We aren’t wasting time getting pallets down when we should be setting pogs. They get mad. We don’t give a shit. Too bad. lol

If the pog isn’t set and it’s probably in a nop pallet, theyre sol. We aren’t wasting time getting pallets down when we should be setting pogs. They get mad. We don’t give a shit. Too bad. lol
I had a guest come in asking about the GI Joes yestersday, because he said online he can't order them and it says we don't have any, but there's a spot on the shelf for them. Dude had the DPCI memorized too. I checked, and told him we have some, but it's streetdated for the 14th. He didn't quite understand what that meant, so I had to explain that since it's a new release coming out on the 14th, we can't put it out to sell until then, which means he can't order it online until then either.

THANK YOU! Street date aside, when you sell transition items they become eligible for other people to order for pickup. It's now assumed that you have them on the floor. A good way to screw over your fulfillment team is to grab an unlocated transition item for a guest when it's not going to get out to the floor for a few days.

so those digital download cards that print a code on the receipt

are they reusable? back when animal crossing was selling out we had just one we kept using over and over but a gstl is saying the codes wont work like that and it has to be a new one each time?

no ones ever come back w a problem so we assumed it would be fine but???

At my store anyway, putting on a purchase limit (and banning TM discounts without the physical card) usually cuts way down on the problem. However, my SD doesn't gives a damn about limits unless it is enforced by HQ. New Funko release? Let them buy as many as they want! Cleared out the home location and end caps of Pampers baby wipes? No problem! They can buy as many cartfulls as they want! All our SD cares about is getting the sales ASAP, not the bad taste Target leaves in the mouths of those disappointed guests who come in maybe 15 minutes later and we are sold out of what they came in for. Electronics and the front end have basically given up trying to enforce limits since whenever we call an ETL about it, we are told to give it to them 😠

Tech? With support from AP and their blessings, we have a established rogues gallery, of a rough physical description , what their tactic is , what they buy 99% of the time, and which group she is involved with. Each group tends to employ their own tactics , their own speaking patterns and how they handle the transaction. You only get entered into this book of ours If someone notices you 3 days in a week buying say 3 apple watches, an ipad pro, and air pods (and all those get price matched ?) Now that's a valid purchase, but if those are the popular sale items this week and you come in a buy that same transactiom again one or 2 times more. We will reprint your recipt to hand to ap. And discus the situation. If ap agrees they are reseller,
Your getting put in our book.

Now this seems over kill on paper, but when you work an hour period and you accidebtally sell to a reseller ? You'll be doing that transaction 6 times, that by the 5th, you can actually surprise them by saying "am i price matching these to this nonspot store?"

So yea, its cause of this, any electronics tm 6 months or more in employment has supervisor privileges on the registers its so we can reprint receipts when the guest is outta eye sight to give to ap later and approve our own price match.

We have succeeded in getting one grouo banned from hq... but that's only after i think they did upwards of 100's of thousands of dollars of transaction in our district in a month.

We do have purchase limits too... but they will buy underneath them.

It took some serious push back to get our etls and store director to back us up with resellers. We basicly had to give reseller 101 with our ap etl to the other etls and SD. Including they bribe us with coffee to look away, they bribe us with cash, they get angry when it takes too long to empty our backroom and then spend a hour and 3 team members to ring up their purchase , (one tm rings &pricematches, 2 tms holds would bag and keep merchandise organized while its being paid for). Also they would sometimes not have the money on their wallett and you can only scan the wallet once before you need to void and rescan that whole transaction........ also the register can only handle up to 5k of giftcard transactions before it breaks ... so if you scanned in 10or 20k into that register tough luck.... all this happened during 4th quater insanity.

Already had a couple people upset because apparently we sold some of them before today because the street date got messed up I guess??

Already had a couple people upset because apparently we sold some of them before today because the street date got messed up I guess??
Hasbro jacked up the street dates and changed in store to earlier than online. But some people didn’t get that memo so they didn’t know it was seeing sold earlier than expected.

Anyone had a chance to read the September Planner? Former Marketsource stores transitioned to AT&T will resume activation of prepaid phones plus Consumer Cellular support hours by appointment M-F. Probably means a broader rollout of the OPU Phone activations as well. Also AppleCare is coming to the myDevice which seems simple enough so I’m not too mad about it.

Anyone had a chance to read the September Planner? Former Marketsource stores transitioned to AT&T will resume activation of prepaid phones plus Consumer Cellular support hours by appointment M-F. Probably means a broader rollout of the OPU Phone activations as well. Also AppleCare is coming to the myDevice which seems simple enough so I’m not too mad about it.
Oh yay, we still have mobile and I always suggest the Apple Care over the Squaretrade, but when they are not here I don't want to like scam the guest into a protection plan that's worse.

what

whos doing the activations

pls tell me its not us

what

whos doing the activations

pls tell me its not us
So my store doesn’t do activations through their laptop/pos. It does say that we can help activate prepaid phones like the ones you buy off the shelf. But not the contracted stuff.

The other problem with that consumer cellular appointment thing is it’s only from 11-1pm. If they show up At any other time they then get told to make an appointment.

I feel for the guests who show up after marketsource leaves, "like oh your having activation issues? Come back 10am sorry (i did mention this before i sold you the phone btw that we didn't have mobile on staff at the moment) i don't have access to those systems"

I feel for the guests who show up after marketsource leaves, "like oh your having activation issues? Come back 10am sorry (i did mention this before i sold you the phone btw that we didn't have mobile on staff at the moment) i don't have access to those systems"
Just have the guest call 611 and they can figure it out. 611 is can still be called, activated or not. If 611 cant be called then your phone does not have proper band support for the sim.

As for the AppleCare on myDevice, I looked at it today and you can even have the guest pay monthly for it! That will be so helpful!

i asked my etl abt the appointment thing and she was like

uhh u guys cant even sell attachments we aint doin no activations

even tho those 2 things r diff

so today my etl told me that i have to push 12 boxes of books and if i dont finish its going to be documented like

nani the FUCK? i come in at 3:30 on a friday and im meant to finish my 141s (50 dpcis), my zone, guest service, backstock, and books? when im the only one here? well fuck you too

the etl ap actually felt bad for me and helped me push books and zone them for an hour bless her soul

Wow. That's just evil. I think you could point to modernization that says books aren't electronics problem anymore its gm's.

Back