Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

according to my store its our problem again.

and so is my zone that isnt done. and go backs i havent gotten. bcos my etl wanted me to prioritize the books above all.

20200821_214710.jpg

"i want to buy airpods pro and price match to sears"

ive dealt with like 10 karens today tryna fight me for this and some going "well my friend was here earlier and got them"

karen, i absolutely GUARANTEE you that "your friend" did not

What we get to say is "if its not in our pricematch app we can't honor this price" or "target doesn't consider this comoany a competitir".

"tech hows ur 141s comin along?"
"uhh.. well its 6:30 ive been pulling for an hr and pulled 10/90 and theres guests out the ass"
"well sounds like u better hurry"

???????????? excuse u

its now 7:30 im on my lunch, off at 10 and still only pulled 11 items and pushed half of those bcos its been THAT busy

"uhh.. well its 6:30 ive been pulling for an hr and pulled 10/90 and theres guests out the ass"

???????????? excuse u

its now 7:30 im on my lunch, off at 10 and still only pulled 11 items and pushed half of those bcos its been THAT busy

Your store must be a rough one. I was able to do a evening 1f1 pull & push then continuing purging of the stockroom and still comp 65% over goal

update: 9:15pm i have 45 items left to pull

the rest of what ive pulled + go backs was done at least... but the zone is trashed.

how would you all have handled the load? had 6 revisions, the 141s w 90 dpcis, zone, 1 person in tech and super busy? like how would you all prioritize it?

Your store must be a rough one. I was able to do a evening 1f1 pull & push then continuing purging of the stockroom and still comp 65% over goal
we're actually a super small store and used to be super slow but lately..... heaven forbid i even try purging the backroom. i still get chewed out for tryna pull when there's guests on the floor. but i'll get chewed out for not finishing either so i really cant win

Definitely pus

???????????? excuse u

I love those days! .... NOT! I've walked in at 430 before to "hey , rfid needs 5 more percent, mancaf still needs to be pulled, and there's a cage of freight to push have fun! May the guests have mercy on you"
9:55pm -Electronics you ever coming up for your abandons???? ( comes back with a full 3 tier)
10:01 pm writing closing notes "hey tech, what did you get done today, rfid, and that's it tech was busy busy busy all day today"
"Why didnt you ask for support ?"
"I did ask for a cashier, i was told all avaible cashiers were on the front lanes "
"How much freight is left? Why didn't the mancaf get pulled"
"A whole cage , i was guest first the whole shift"
10:10pm "tech Why haven't you left yet?"
"Was trying to clean up the boat a little"
"Tech go home!"

we're actually a super small store and used to be super slow but lately..... heaven forbid i even try purging the backroom. i still get chewed out for tryna pull when there's guests on the floor. but i'll get chewed out for not finishing either so i really cant win

We are C volume we gotten in a routine to do 1F1s even before they were called that at least 2 or 3 times a day. Ever since I start purging the stockroom are 1F1s haven’t gone over 30 dpci’s. Revisons/Workload we stay ahead of the game on that by no later then Monday night we are 100% clear for the week and already diving into the next. Price Change is always complete the day it drops. RFID every Tuesday-Friday. We still have a clueless ETL but a very work driven team of 3. All communication is sent out via Email when I open/close. I do a walk with the Closing Lead when I open so i know what to communicate to the closer when they come in. When I close I’m on my own little island but things get done and it shows

as for prioritization ? GUESTS FIRST! Was litterally what i was told when i asked my etl the day after i had a similar bad day.
yep, every time there's a bad day what they want is guests first which is what causes the bad days to begin with lol and when i ask for help it never comes................... i actually got into it with my etl and stl today they wanted to have a discussion abt how we can all come to an understanding about my "push back" to their orders. but every time i tried to explain something it ALWAYS went back to them essentially saying "well we're the boss so you listen to us, it isn't about what you want"

like...........im the one IN the department doing this WORK and have been for 5 yrs so i think when i bring up concerns........................theyre not coming out of my ass...............................

We are C volume we gotten in a routine to do 1F1s even before they were called that at least 2 or 3 times a day. Ever since I start purging the stockroom are 1F1s haven’t gone over 30 dpci’s. Revisons/Workload we stay ahead of the game on that by no later then Monday night we are 100% clear for the week and already diving into the next. Price Change is always complete the day it drops. RFID every Tuesday-Friday. We still have a clueless ETL but a very work driven team of 3. All communication is sent out via Email when I open/close. I do a walk with the Closing Lead when I open so i know what to communicate to the closer when they come in. When I close I’m on my own little island but things get done and it shows
see i cant even get as far as purging the back. every time i TRY it basically boils down to if i have time to do that i have time to be on the floor doing something else. my team has issues with revisions SOMEHOW???? they fuck it up. tie them and DONT set them or tie them, set them, but then DONT move the items so im stuck adjusting prices bcos one of my walnuts didnt move a $300 laptop and its locked under a $230 spot and i cant just go "oops a guest must have done that haha"

my team isn't really completely motivated, i can come in 30 min b4 my shift and see the opener chillin at the boat and then staying there until i clock in. and then he goes "so i have revisions for u to do, rfid wasnt finished, and theres still a bit of backstock haha have fun"

Im thankfull for my team , we atleet stay motivated our whole shift, and i have gotten into it with our leadership before. But its only blown back once.(remodel etl left 20k+ of locked case tech product on top of the case without anyone looking over it or security devices attached and the store was open for an hour).. more annoyingly is "your going to get your cage of freight finished right? " "if my day remains as it is right now? Yes , if i get a rush of guests? I'll do as much as i can"

Kaitii that sounds difficult of a day ,

Why are Tech payroll allocations by Spot so low? Were they the same last year? I would imagine they would increase with COVID comps in Tech across the board but we get allocations for 50-70 hours a week for Tech coverage. Store gives us 80-99 hours. Open to close coverage alone would be 98 hours.

We make do but it is super tough to handle the consumer guests when our store never had any mobile/tech reps as we are a $25 mil store looking to do about $30 mil this year. 60+% comps in tech should support payroll allocation and I do fight for it but there seems to be a disconnect. My team has enough time to stay afloat with daily tasks as there is even gaps in coverage back there if hours are less than in the 90s.

I want my team to be better trained on SFQ's, Auditing, BRLA etc. but I need more hours. Any suggestions in fighting this good fight?

Why are Tech payroll allocations by Spot so low? Were they the same last year? I would imagine they would increase with COVID comps in Tech across the board but we get allocations for 50-70 hours a week for Tech coverage. Store gives us 80-99 hours. Open to close coverage alone would be 98 hours.

We make do but it is super tough to handle the consumer guests when our store never had any mobile/tech reps as we are a $25 mil store looking to do about $30 mil this year. 60+% comps in tech should support payroll allocation and I do fight for it but there seems to be a disconnect. My team has enough time to stay afloat with daily tasks as there is even gaps in coverage back there if hours are less than in the 90s.

I want my team to be better trained on SFQ's, Auditing, BRLA etc. but I need more hours. Any suggestions in fighting this good fight?
Your etl might be able to help you. Stating the option of working like flex or toys at the same time.

@Hardlinesmaster copy that, my ETL is my SD. All we have is SD and 1 ETL. SD is leaving next week however. It will be an uphill discussion but I will speak to business needs in the area. In meantime gives me all the reason as the gap coverage to update SFQ and ensure OTF levels accurate for replenishment.

@Hardlinesmaster copy that, my ETL is my SD. All we have is SD and 1 ETL. SD is leaving next week however. It will be an uphill discussion but I will speak to business needs in the area. In meantime gives me all the reason as the gap coverage to update SFQ and ensure OTF levels accurate for replenishment.
Take your mpm numbers with you. Be proactive.

Back