Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Xbox and Playstation will be online only the day of launch. Meaning, the stores will have inventory but it will only be able to be sold to store pickup. (Or ship to home but that will be from a FC) Prepare to tell guests or it will be a hot mess!!

Xbox and Playstation will be online only the day of launch. Meaning, the stores will have inventory but it will only be able to be sold to store pickup. (Or ship to home but that will be from a FC) Prepare to tell guests or it will be a hot mess!!
I’m thinking it’s gonna be a mess either way but less then a month to find out and see

Wait, so, I'm confused. We are getting them, but they'll be backstocked for Order Pickup/SFS? That's gonna be a mess. Would it go up at Midnight for that kind of thing?

Wait, so, I'm confused. We are getting them, but they'll be backstocked for Order Pickup/SFS? That's gonna be a mess. Would it go up at Midnight for that kind of thing?
Yes the store will have them, I assume they will just keep them in receiving to stop having the Tech TM's from opening the door every 2.5 seconds. Target really lets you make your own rules when it comes to midnight releases (if we would be even open at that time), but I am sure they would want you to make a decision that would not have people in a crowded area.

It's going to make it so much easier. Imagine a bunch of people rushing into the store at open to get the consoles and dealing with them at the same time that fulfillment is constantly rushing around to grab the consoles. That's a mess.

This way fulfillment can just grab them from wherever your store decides to stash them. You'll have to deal with angry guests wanting them in the store, but that's a given either way.

Personally, I'm lobbying to have them put in the cage in the OPU hold area with AP there to guard them. That way fulfillment doesn't have to carry them around in their carts while grabbing other things throughout the store.

Yes the store will have them, I assume they will just keep them in receiving to stop having the Tech TM's from opening the door every 2.5 seconds. Target really lets you make your own rules when it comes to midnight releases (if we would be even open at that time), but I am sure they would want you to make a decision that would not have people in a crowded area.
Communication stated " will be in techs backroom lockup with ap camera for surveillance. " ... so as much as leaving them in receiving has a point... looks like we are unlocking the room alot.

My TL has said otherwise that its not going to be for OPU. Maybe its a store by store basis? We're supposed to get Series X's starting next week, so we'll see. Does anyone know if OPU in this case goes up at midnight regardless if your store is open or not or does it activate per store depending on when they open

Communication stated " will be in techs backroom lockup with ap camera for surveillance. " ... so as much as leaving them in receiving has a point... looks like we are unlocking the room alot.
You could leave them locked in the cage in receiving. The dock is on camera.

Does anyone know what time the ps5 will go live online to order? Will it be exactly midnight for me? I live on the west coast. Also I checked out twitter and theres a lot of people who had their pre-orders cancelled due to lack of funds! I guess they were expecting Target to take the money out when the ps5 ships out. I wonder if that will affect how many ps5s the stores will recieve and hopefully we recieve more.

My TL has said otherwise that its not going to be for OPU. Maybe its a store by store basis? We're supposed to get Series X's starting next week, so we'll see. Does anyone know if OPU in this case goes up at midnight regardless if your store is open or not or does it activate per store depending on when they open
Your TL is wrong. Very specific direction in Nov planner. No walk in sales on launch day.

Does anyone know if Target ships consoles to people who pre-ordered online prior to release for Release Date Shipping like the video games or are they normally shipped on release?

They will do everything they can to get it delivered on the release day but when it's in the hands of FedEx it's all up to them.
Yeah, I kinda figured since shipping it on release date would take longer to ship the pre-orders in general and they'd get backed up. I've generally been getting my items on release, if not a day early, so here's hoping.

Today felt like I did nothing but sell the 65” tcl tv and answer endless xbox/ps5 questions 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back