Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Okay for those with the apple store remodels or the stores with the new boat (I call it a canoe because that is not a boat). How are you handling lock boxes and spider wraps? I either am drowning in spider wraps or I don't have enough. Never a balance.

Consumer Cellular is a rewarding experience if you know what you're doing. Honestly in the last few years I've been doing it it's been the most genuine gratitude that I've ever been given at my job, outside the fake gratitude the leads offer.

Plus, these old people take a lick. I give back what they give when they get pissy, and we all leave happy, or at least not mad at me!

I finally moved out of my old store and into a different store in another state and my current store does not offer consumer cellular assistance and I have to say, from going to someone who piloted the pilot program in my district, to not being able to help at all..it's damn near frustrating. They come in with clear and obvious need of help and all I can do is shrug and point them 45 minutes north or south to the nearest store that can. I give them as much advice as I can at the least though.

As far as the new boat goes, the store I joined looks to be handling it quite well enough. There's a cabinet for each type of case, and they use the two drawers for wraps. They just fill it up and maintain the balance. The extras are in the electronics stock room at the tippy top in clear tubs for easy access. (Same at my old store with the old boat) honestly there's no difference to me at all in the way the new boat and old boat is handling the cases

Last edited:
Consumer Cellular is a rewarding experience if you know what you're doing. Honestly in the last few years I've been doing it it's been the most genuine gratitude that I've ever been given at my job, outside the fake gratitude the leads offer.

Plus, these old people take a lick. I give back what they give when they get pissy, and we all leave happy, or at least not mad at me!

I finally moved out of my old store and into a different store in another state and my current store does not offer consumer cellular assistance and I have to say, from going to someone who piloted the pilot program in my district, to not being able to help at all..it's damn near frustrating. They come in with clear and obvious need of help and all I can do is shrug and point them 45 minutes north or south to the nearest store that can. I give them as much advice as I can at the least though.

As far as the new boat goes, the store I joined looks to be handling it quite well enough. There's a cabinet for each type of case, and they use the two drawers for wraps. They just fill it up and maintain the balance. The extras are in the electronics stock room at the tippy top in clear tubs for easy access. (Same at my old store with the old boat) honestly there's no difference to me at all in the way the new boat and old boat is handling the cases
God i wish we had access to both drawers! They threw the mobile printer in one of them so we really only have one. I want to find an alternative but there really isn't.

We just gained our “canoe” a few weeks ago after remodel. Still getting used to it. There’s no good spot to put a waste basket. I would like to get some small plastic bins to have spider wraps in as well as keep a small number of plastic keepers available also. Still a work in progress. Also there’s not really a good spot for the large or really small plastic bags which is kind of annoying. Having guests randomly sit down in the chairs is also annoying — there’s almost never an actual need to use them.

Many CC folks still have their older 2g phones which are being phased out so these customers are basically being forced to switch to 5g. they are being told to come in to target and upgrade. I had a few this week.

Many CC folks still have their older 2g phones which are being phased out so these customers are basically being forced to switch to 5g. they are being told to come in to target and upgrade. I had a few this week.
You mean 3g I hope. I'm pretty sure there aren't any 2g in the world anymore lol

Also they're switching to 4g. 5g is not a base right now for all phones. You gotta pay extra for those.

It's all companies forcing the swap though. Essentially they're demolishing the 3g towers for bandwidth? Purposes and replacing them with new towers.

Essentially supposedly noones 3g phone will work after a certain point. However they've been going on about this for over a year now so I'm not sure what's going on there

You mean 3g I hope. I'm pretty sure there aren't any 2g in the world anymore lol

Also they're switching to 4g. 5g is not a base right now for all phones. You gotta pay extra for those.

It's all companies forcing the swap though. Essentially they're demolishing the 3g towers for bandwidth? Purposes and replacing them with new towers.

Essentially supposedly noones 3g phone will work after a certain point. However they've been going on about this for over a year now so I'm not sure what's going on there
3G is being dropped in my area this week.

My phone has a setting to force 2g signal. The description says it maintains a more stable connection in low signal areas. So the technology has to still be out there.

My phone has a setting to force 2g signal. The description says it maintains a more stable connection in low signal areas. So the technology has to still be out there.
ah, you right. I forgot that 2g is what companies use (like at&t) after you go over your limit.

When companies say you have unlimited data but you downgrade your speed after so much data that is what they mean

ah, you right. I forgot that 2g is what companies use (like at&t) after you go over your limit.

When companies say you have unlimited data but you downgrade your speed after so much data that is what they mean
Exactly. I usually tell guest it "says" unlimited. but after a certain point it drops to 2g meaning you can search google and maybe check your email? No streaming no games no checking on your ring cam at home etc. social media might be slow idk never ran out of my high speed data to test it all out 😂.

Exactly. I usually tell guest it "says" unlimited. but after a certain point it drops to 2g meaning you can search google and maybe check your email? No streaming no games no checking on your ring cam at home etc. social media might be slow idk never ran out of my high speed data to test it all out 😂.
GPS too, but, fun fact, you don't need service to use your gps. I used to use an old galaxy for this. You predownload your states entire map on it and it'll route you with it downloaded and no data/service. Since the gps isnt linked to towers at all. Your data only keeps the map updated

This entertainment transition has really screwed us. Finally finished resetting late, flat of books 6 feet tall waiting to be pushed and more just keep coming. Meanwhile, can barely keep up with tech freight which is pouring in due to (I assume) the October transition. FML.

This entertainment transition has really screwed us. Finally finished resetting late, flat of books 6 feet tall waiting to be pushed and more just keep coming. Meanwhile, can barely keep up with tech freight which is pouring in due to (I assume) the October transition. FML.
We finally finished ours, but they didn't send us strips for Fiction both the week of and the next 2 weeks, so I have to use labels and it took me 3 hours with help today to do it, though I think part of it is because I didn't know which aisle to start on this time, but I think I do now. We actually would have been fine, but some things happened that screwed us over in the end. I ended up doing most of the set and push

We finally finished ours, but they didn't send us strips for Fiction both the week of and the next 2 weeks, so I have to use labels and it took me 3 hours with help today to do it, though I think part of it is because I didn't know which aisle to start on this time, but I think I do now. We actually would have been fine, but some things happened that screwed us over in the end. I ended up doing most of the set and push
You can use the adjacency map on the zebra under tools to quick links for strip locations.

Here I thought making the transition 4 weeks instead of one giant week would make things easier, but nope. It's still a shitshow.

Yours 4 weeks? Ours is only 2. It didn't seem as bad as last year though. Phone case aisle is always a bitch but we managed. I'm sure there high margins with phones cases but man we had so many clearance and discontinued Iphone cases.

Ours is two weeks and went decently well this week. Better than entertainment which we’re still recovering from. problem is that the back room is overflowing with transition products. It’s a mess.

Question for yall. What are your roles at your store? I worked at a pretty busy store and we were responsible for Elec and Entertainment and zoning / go back for stationary, we also had to set out our own plano. Since we remodeled we no longer do Plano and they moved us to the back and we zone pets instead of stat but still manage entertainment.

Question for yall. What are your roles at your store? I worked at a pretty busy store and we were responsible for Elec and Entertainment and zoning / go back for stationary, we also had to set out our own plano. Since we remodeled we no longer do Plano and they moved us to the back and we zone pets instead of stat but still manage entertainment.
Tech belongs to style and ent belongs to gm (toy tl). They don’t help each other. Style has to cover tech breaks. Ent also has bullseye and check lanes and has to help in toy/sports/baby. Tech only zones and puts reshop away in tech. We don’t have market source so have to deal with cc on our own with only single coverage.
We don’t have a pog team so each dept does their own pogs.

Back