Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Nope LMAO they just took off the side metal thing.

Very helpful info tho!

what we ended up doing is we kept the computer on top of the till so we have that entire bottom area to play with so we got two of those like $2 room essentials bins. One for big spider wraps and one for small

for cases we use the bagging area to stack them up. We also have a mobile side and a us side but if we need to we share with no problems lol. Instead of putting two sets of bags on each side we usually only put one so we can stack the cases. Also, I thought I was a GENUIS for this. I put the tv remotes in a phone case lock box. I put the blister clips in a golf ball box, and I put the weird hang tabs in a phone case lock box. Why you might ask? Although there is no horizontal space there is quite a bit of vertical space so if you can use tall things there then you’re golden.
I'll have to take a picture of our setup when i have a shift again.
We aren't allowed to keep cases on the floor.

We got those terrible tables when there was only 6 in existence and we had 2. So we were left up to our devices as a beta test store. So we engineered alot. Plus our PML is a living legend. So he's just amazing in what he figured out with us. Youd find our laptop display quite secure too.. you actually need to break the screen to get it out. People have tried... and theres always a broken screen.

Electronics clerk told me today they couldn't get into lockup because we had two doubles and the uboats and pallets were blocking the room 😬
Our store director would destroy who ever blocked our stock room. Its got yellow stripes in front of the door in a "do not park" here like fashion.

Youd find our laptop display quite secure too.. you actually need to break the screen to get it out. People have tried... and theres always a broken screen.
in less than a minute someone stole like 6/8 of our laptops without the alarm going off. Since then they took all them down.

i dont have remodel and I dont have mobile but my dept is red and they are reprimanding me and my team. i need help tips or any kind of support if anyone wants to message me I dont want to.give myself away.

i dont have remodel and I dont have mobile but my dept is red and they are reprimanding me and my team. i need help tips or any kind of support if anyone wants to message me I dont want to.give myself away.
We JUST finished those U boats of books today. However, since we haven’t had double coverage till today our 141 is in the 700 reaches 😬

i envy your huge backroom I am in a smaller store we fight for uboats and they throw those boxes on the floor outside and inside electronics backroom we dont have enough to push them. Why TF did target expand our book section like we are a damn barnes and noble and those boxes are heavy AF why load them up so heavy to make us break our backs. We need a DBO just for books alone imho.
When I goto other stores and see their fire isle I am genuinely shocked since this is my first retail job and I had nothing to compare our backroom to. I attached our stores fire isle. Also we aren’t a super.

Attachments

• 788F0ACD-9986-4517-9049-AB356F582B5B.jpeg
    788F0ACD-9986-4517-9049-AB356F582B5B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 28
What's a fire aisle? Lol we don't have one of those

Our store is in a basement, so there's no emergency exit in the backroom. You can take the freight elevator up to ground level though and exit through there. But it's never a good idea to ride elevators during a fire.

It's so loooooooooong
its amazing honestly. There is this other store in my state and they're the test store of our city, their backroom situation got so bad they actually had to expand into their old garden center.

bring this up I really wish Target did something with that old space. Something that I think would be SUPER cool is if they have a little electronics world in there. Change the boat. and allow for more flex space.

its amazing honestly. There is this other store in my state and they're the test store of our city, their backroom situation got so bad they actually had to expand into their old garden center.

bring this up I really wish Target did something with that old space. Something that I think would be SUPER cool is if they have a little electronics world in there. Change the boat. and allow for more flex space.
My current store has that. Our garden center space is all enclosed and is a proper backroom. I think they did it when they closed the garden center because its been like that for a while. My last store still had it as wasted space. But we're a super busy store and especially now with fulfillment taking up backroom space, it was definitely necessary.

So how much backroom space do you guys have on average? We used to have so much space before remodel but now it has drastically shrunk to the point where it's really difficult to fit everything in the back. We went from about 16 of the backroom "bays" (not exactly sure what the 4ft backroom sections are called) down to about 6 for tech. Entertainment lost about 4 sections. It really doesn't make sense to me.

So how much backroom space do you guys have on average? We used to have so much space before remodel but now it has drastically shrunk to the point where it's really difficult to fit everything in the back. We went from about 16 of the backroom "bays" (not exactly sure what the 4ft backroom sections are called) down to about 6 for tech. Entertainment lost about 4 sections. It really doesn't make sense to me.
How do you measure that? If you’re talking about how many isles we have we have I think 52

How do you measure that? If you’re talking about how many isles we have we have I think 52
I was measuring by number of these sections circled in red. I figure aisles are probably differing lengths but these are standard widths. Also I was just counting for tech and entertainment only not the entire back room.

Attachments

• B3A41405-0DE9-4529-B9F1-41624B7C1F32.jpeg
    B3A41405-0DE9-4529-B9F1-41624B7C1F32.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 11
What do you guys do when there's no location left to flex discontinued?
Back stock it. We had about 20 feet worth of nop last reset. Oh and zero flex room. My Pog now has literally zero flex sections. We simply optd to not set 2 end caps but that didn't stop us from back stocking most of it. Many gaming headphones went on clr but still many phone accessories sitting back there.

So, anyone else sell barely any TVs on Black Friday. I'm not surprised we didn't since no stimulus. Oh, and we're still getting more. Please stop
Most of the sale prices are much worse than in the past couple of years which probably contributed to decreased sales.

I was measuring by number of these sections circled in red. I figure aisles are probably differing lengths but these are standard widths. Also I was just counting for tech and entertainment only not the entire back room.
Ahhhh I see. Ours is one of the biggest isles too (since we have so much shit) it goes up to Q I believe.

So, anyone else sell barely any TVs on Black Friday. I'm not surprised we didn't since no stimulus. Oh, and we're still getting more. Please stop
try doing it when you're an electronics 2.0 store. It is the absolute WORST since you can't flex out TVs. Our store is getting a remodel rn and we had to flex TVs in front of the (now old GS) Temporary Guest Sevices. IN ADDITION! We have to use the unfinished cafe as storage for TVs. Next time I'm in il snap a photo.

Back