Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Albums are also out of control. Have any of them gone clearance? I haven't seen a single IR for albums since we started carrying them.
Vinyls are the worst to store. Luckily I think we found the best solution. Get a few of those room essentials bins and just make a location for each of them. IMHO that’s the best and really only good way to store vinyls. You can store 3 per level. We have 12 bins lol

Our vinyls are in the large wacos on a metro in the lockup. It works decently well. I hope we get an IR eventually for the Adele CDs which we have about 400+ back stocked and they aren’t selling.

Our vinyls are in the large wacos on a metro in the lockup. It works decently well. I hope we get an IR eventually for the Adele CDs which we have about 400+ back stocked and they aren’t selling.
Same here. Ap was so concern about team members taking product from the the shipper before the release date. I was trying so hard to hide my eye roll🙄

I just took out the plastic divider things on the shelves that keep the Vinyls from falling down and put them behind each other depending on the location in accordance to the strips.

Depends, was it zeroed out the previous day? And Priorities should be clicked into and pulled first and separately before OFO or you won't get credit for them.
My ETL told us that Tgt corp said to no longer use priority? That it wasn’t working well.

Also my ETL just got a promotion to SD at another store so we have a temp ETL running HR and Specialty. I said I’m willing to do an overnight to get it super low but we’re over by hours this week :/

We have to Z in our tech valley, entertainment has their own valley. TV backstock is separate in the rest of the light duty stockroom bulk steel

Jesus! You go all the way to Z for tech. I only have to L for kitchen and it's really not that far as there is no I or K. Why, yes, my backroom is a completely overstuffed mess right now. Tech goes to P at my store.

Jesus! You go all the way to Z for tech. I only have to L for kitchen and it's really not that far as there is no I or K. Why, yes, my backroom is a completely overstuffed mess right now. Tech goes to P at my store.
We're a Super ;) all main aisle light duty goes to R but the tech/entertainment one is seperate and really long/narrow

We're a Super ;) all main aisle light duty goes to R but the tech/entertainment one is seperate and really long/narrow

We're definitely not a Super, but most of our backroom aisles do go to R. We just have a couple of super short aisles and bizarrely at one point they decided to put pets and kitchen in those aisles "because we have bulk space elsewhere". :rolleyes: Our lockup is a little shorter than the main aisles, but it seems to fit tech's needs. Entertainment could use more room though.

Current store deleted a necca portion, putting it nearby on an empty part of toy expansion, and then turned one entire section of the wall into a vinyl section. For those hoping for MIR or sweep on Vinyl, it won't happen. My support already essentially told us to go fuck ourselves and figure it out cause they ain't sending one. However, we made that wall just before christmas and at least a quarter of it sold. Pull them out, make them easily viewable. (The person jamming them all behind each other isn't making a good sale that way) and you may be able to dwindle them down. We used extra book/movie shelves and kinda of tiered the vinyls. Laying them against each other but leaving about 2 inches of space of the old vinyl so you knew what was behind each. We also store tied them and I've had several guests ask me where that aisle is (cause it's the back wall) cause they're looking for one of those discontinued vinyls.

If you have a ton taking up a ton of space, 100% get them to the floor.

Was the new boat designed for children only cause this thing is so unergonomic that it's painful
HA HA HA HA ... our conclusion after working with it for 2 yrs. The designer is about 5 foot 3? Cause it fits our shorter tm just fine. But my tall self? Nope.

Tell your tech team to get a mesh riser with drawers may need 2. Then zip tie them secure to the desk. Put their laptops on them.

The bag situation with the new boat is ridiculous. Only the medium bags fit properly, no spot for large or the small bags which we use all the time.

The bag situation with the new boat is ridiculous. Only the medium bags fit properly, no spot for large or the small bags which we use all the time.
We use the center pegs , but we have these new grey cloth bags , so we only have 1 size.

Oh! Also have fun with guests feeling weird being on the wrong side of the counter. Or not knowing where to stand, or trying to scan their own barcode

New boat? I wanna see
This whole format is called Electronics 2.0. It’s nice in the sense of it being smaller BUT no where to put cases. Wish it was a bit bigger high key

Attachments

• BED3BA57-79F1-4475-8663-495255AF19B6.jpeg
    BED3BA57-79F1-4475-8663-495255AF19B6.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 51
  • A3B923F6-CD43-4497-8E68-F4C4469F0967.jpeg
    A3B923F6-CD43-4497-8E68-F4C4469F0967.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 49
  • 81FEE0A1-BA17-4F89-8196-5CE6E7C409B2.jpeg
    81FEE0A1-BA17-4F89-8196-5CE6E7C409B2.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
This whole format is called Electronics 2.0. It’s nice in the sense of it being smaller BUT no where to put cases. Wish it was a bit bigger high key

Oh, I remember seeing the documents on that on Workbench ages ago.

Seems like a lot of wasted space. Like I'm looking at the camera wall back there, they could totally fit more pegs.

I've seen how gondolas are built. The TV wall moving inline seems like such a god-awful idea.

Oh, I remember seeing the documents on that on Workbench ages ago.

Seems like a lot of wasted space. Like I'm looking at the camera wall back there, they could totally fit more pegs.

I've seen how gondolas are built. The TV wall moving inline seems like such a god-awful idea.
We have a new ETL and she wants every idea run through her. Not like I’ve been running this entire dept myself or anything. Tv wall not bad actually. Kinda like it. The one thing this setup is REALLY bad for is flexing TVs. Also the registers at the boat are really confusing for guests

Current store deleted a necca portion, putting it nearby on an empty part of toy expansion, and then turned one entire section of the wall into a vinyl section. For those hoping for MIR or sweep on Vinyl, it won't happen. My support already essentially told us to go fuck ourselves and figure it out cause they ain't sending one. However, we made that wall just before christmas and at least a quarter of it sold. Pull them out, make them easily viewable. (The person jamming them all behind each other isn't making a good sale that way) and you may be able to dwindle them down. We used extra book/movie shelves and kinda of tiered the vinyls. Laying them against each other but leaving about 2 inches of space of the old vinyl so you knew what was behind each. We also store tied them and I've had several guests ask me where that aisle is (cause it's the back wall) cause they're looking for one of those discontinued vinyls.

If you have a ton taking up a ton of space, 100% get them to the floor.

Just a heads up for folks wondering WTF is with all the vinyl. Over 3 million vinyl albums were sold in a single week in the US, the first time this has happened in the Soundscan era.
I'm pretty sure Spot really wants to get some of that action so they aren't going away any time soon.

Back