Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

something super helpful for me is to setup a focus on my iPhone. i setup the apps i use the most. the one with the blue wallpaper is my normal wallpaper the red wallpaper is my target focus. it auto changes the UI of my phone if depending on if im at work or not.

now i just did that because i could lol. a bigggg help for electronics is getting the pricematching apps on your phone (walmart, amazon, bestbuy are the realllly big ones). so when a guest asks to price match to say walmart, whip out the walmart app and just scan the item. that is the most reliable way to price match. the device can be very tedious to deal with at times especially with external websites.
I do the same, I have a screen for target work related apps.

Yup , i always tell people without being able to verify it my self i can't give you that price due to people showing us screenshots/ the item being a slightly different model... idk i just pick a random retail ztory and play it off with that humor. Like how someone created a fake store listing on amazon to scam ps4s out of us for 100 dollars.. so It has to be sold and shipt from a major competitor and not Joes Ps4 shack. Etc

So kinda a rant. The TMs in electronics are literally amazing. I wish I could always work with them no matter what career I go to. But I was told by my ETL that when we have overlap we should always be split up and if we need to talk about work we should be zoning and talking. Basically indirectly saying that we aren't at the boat enough and apparently other TLs think that we aren't doing our job. I said that I know what our team can do and what we can't do. Every single night we do what is asked for us and 141 is basically 0. Not even that but backroom accuracy is high as well.

It's so frustrating because they acknowledge that yeah even though we act human with our coworkers but we get everything that we need to get done and even then our scores are HIGH! So you just want me to look busy? It was just so frustrating because they said that I don't want other TLs to think that you guys aren't being productive enough with overlap and they might cut hours I literally told them "When we have overlap are our scores not higher?". So rather than stepping up to the SD and defending us she just chose to make us look busy! Not to flex but I've gotten countless compliments from guests as well!

Then I threw another TL under the bus for being excuse my french but a fucking cunt. I used such good target terms that I wish they said I was being unprofessional " I understand that it is target's goal to have an open-door policy with all TLs but she always treats all of us terribly and with no respect. I cannot feel that I can go to her and talk to her about how she talked down to us today". Also if you think I am being dramatic (which I am) this cunt of an ETL cannot keep a TM for literally more than 2 weeks because she is such a fkn Nazi about EVERYTHING.

I am an extremely valuable TM. I am quite literally trained in every single department (including sbux) and I know about how the logistics of target and how software works which is a huge step up. When I was a seasonal TM I had to explain to the plano TL what the workbench was....

Regardless, I am getting my programming certifications and getting tf out of target. I am so tired of being treated like absolute shit.

So kinda a rant. The TMs in electronics are literally amazing. I wish I could always work with them no matter what career I go to. But I was told by my ETL that when we have overlap we should always be split up and if we need to talk about work we should be zoning and talking. Basically indirectly saying that we aren't at the boat enough and apparently other TLs think that we aren't doing our job. I said that I know what our team can do and what we can't do. Every single night we do what is asked for us and 141 is basically 0. Not even that but backroom accuracy is high as well.

It's so frustrating because they acknowledge that yeah even though we act human with our coworkers but we get everything that we need to get done and even then our scores are HIGH! So you just want me to look busy? It was just so frustrating because they said that I don't want other TLs to think that you guys aren't being productive enough with overlap and they might cut hours I literally told them "When we have overlap are our scores not higher?". So rather than stepping up to the SD and defending us she just chose to make us look busy! Not to flex but I've gotten countless compliments from guests as well!

Then I threw another TL under the bus for being excuse my french but a fucking cunt. I used such good target terms that I wish they said I was being unprofessional " I understand that it is target's goal to have an open-door policy with all TLs but she always treats all of us terribly and with no respect. I cannot feel that I can go to her and talk to her about how she talked down to us today". Also if you think I am being dramatic (which I am) this cunt of an ETL cannot keep a TM for literally more than 2 weeks because she is such a fkn Nazi about EVERYTHING.

I am an extremely valuable TM. I am quite literally trained in every single department (including sbux) and I know about how the logistics of target and how software works which is a huge step up. When I was a seasonal TM I had to explain to the plano TL what the workbench was....

Regardless, I am getting my programming certifications and getting tf out of target. I am so tired of being treated like absolute shit.
My style etl would love to have you at my store. Their team saves the store by doing flex, backup & work in others within style, beauty or tech.

I got yelled at once for being at the boat talking shop with our mobile reps. When really it was work convo so that our numbers would stay high

I got yelled at once for being at the boat talking shop with our mobile reps. When really it was work convo so that our numbers would stay high
it’s so irritating because electronics is fully self sufficient. literally if they gave one of us 2 dollars more an hour and said make the schedules we would not need any help.

The only time we would need help if when we get railed with books

it’s so irritating because electronics is fully self sufficient. literally if they gave one of us 2 dollars more an hour and said make the schedules we would not need any help.

Hell even when we get railed with massive flat(s) of books and get no help we get through it….eventually. I can go an entire tech shift without interaction with leaders Because they know I’ll get my stuff done. When tech has transition we take care of it 99% on our own. Same can’t be said for pretty much any other department.

Books are gm's fault to deal with. We just ask them where to put the boxes atleast at my store.

Books are gm's fault to deal with. We just ask them where to put the boxes atleast at my store.
mbn. At my store, we do elec and entertainment and do go-backs and zone for baby and pets. We got a recent transfer of leadership in our dept and we've been butting heads a little bit hence why we had a conversation yesterday. hence the rant.

Honest to god if that other ETL (the one i said was a fucking cunt) is still being rude to us I think it would be fun to call that one number. I forgot what it was, not the integrity hotline but there is another one it was like the team member somethingsomething. She is relatively new as an etl so I know it would sting quite a bit.

Also something else that kinda is screwing me over is how I'm not scared to say no. Like in Q4 they asked us if we could handle baby zone and if I had a crap load of work in tech I would just say that I couldn't and the TLs didn't like that.

Ahh yea our tech team has defended our boundaries preety hard. If its not Electronics its not our responsibility. Media? Nope that's set aside. Baby? Nope
Sporting goods ? Nope.
Toys? Nope.

Now will we help out sometimes if its really needed for a hour or two? Sure. But only if I'm not slammed my self.
Like i would end up taking down all the ad in F block. Why? Cause its usually quick.
But push media? Unless there's 2 tech people that day Nope not going to happen.

But my store seems to be this monolith of success to the point that we had someone above regional visit recently and were told "this is the flag ship model store" we are also a beta testing store for corporates more intresting ideas. Like the new tech section with the mini boat. We battle test the shit outta things.

So i think it's the high praise we get from upper echelon target leadership that gets our store leadership to leave us alone and to our proven processes.

Quick edit: we do handle vacuums due to them needing to be locked up and our register is closest.

i’m only available two days of the week and they can’t even schedule me 2 times a week…. they’re trying to get rid of me.

Attachments

• F246C9DB-A485-4F3B-B4FC-3C1625E62CE5.jpeg
    F246C9DB-A485-4F3B-B4FC-3C1625E62CE5.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 25
Yikes, that sucks. I've been waiting for cut hours tbh, but that's due to my situation being unique in not having bills to really pay for and a second job I really enjoy doing and would like to balance both of them.

Yikes, that sucks. I've been waiting for cut hours tbh, but that's due to my situation being unique in not having bills to really pay for and a second job I really enjoy doing and would like to balance both of them.
I'm similar. I'm a student and I don't really have any bills but I do like to spend money haha. Just irritating considering I know how basically any piece of software works AND I know how to repair most hardware.

Anyone else getting pulled out of their area to help? I have a lot of stuff I've wanted to do like reorganize the boat (I haven't been able to fix it for years), reorganize the backroom, put out discontinued, make sure there's no Salvage or Clearance in the back, push out some discontinued, etc

Anyone else getting pulled out of their area to help? I have a lot of stuff I've wanted to do like reorganize the boat (I haven't been able to fix it for years), reorganize the backroom, put out discontinued, make sure there's no Salvage or Clearance in the back, push out some discontinued, etc
I've gotten pulled for other areas when there are two of us.

The tech TMs in my department can be lazy. I took it upon myself to reprint sale signs for the TV wall, when we didn't get them all in. This shocked my ETL and SD. I am like... All in a days work?

I also worked with out AP-ETL to better adjust our apple backstock, since most of our stuff is in a locked cabinet but all the cords and stuff were overflowing, so I moved it to an area outside of it, but within camera view. People were surprised, I'm like... It's slow, I like to keep busy.

The tech TMs in my department can be lazy. I took it upon myself to reprint sale signs for the TV wall, when we didn't get them all in. This shocked my ETL and SD. I am like... All in a days work?

thing is at my store we aren’t lazy and we totally respect each other. i’ve been there the longest and i can’t tell “Hey Adam (made up name) can you print the TV wall signs?” or they can say that to me and it would get done with no problem. that’s the reallllyyy frustrating part. we aren’t a dept that’s lazy yk?

thing is at my store we aren’t lazy and we totally respect each other. i’ve been there the longest and i can’t tell “Hey Adam (made up name) can you print the TV wall signs?” or they can say that to me and it would get done with no problem. that’s the reallllyyy frustrating part. we aren’t a dept that’s lazy yk?
Many people don't know how to print signage at my store. A GM-TL early on taught me because there was a price difference of $10 or more, say the shelf said $15 and it was $35.

My ETL for Tech commonly says "My boys don't seem to do anything extra" to me, I'm like... Printing signage, doing inventory audits, zoning, fixing shelfs is not beyond what should be done.

For the TVs, did you print UPC barcodes and stick them on the info display things? Makes printing them out much easier
Yes, I have done that, or I just read the dcpi off the info card. Next time I am in, I plan to grab a printer and just print barcodes for the areas for easy scanning.

Yes, I have done that, or I just read the dcpi off the info card. Next time I am in, I plan to grab a printer and just print barcodes for the areas for easy scanning.
I print the short upc like beauty would use on mascara or eyeliner... small outta the way but useful... we even have a bunch hiding near the register for often requested items like animal crossing sanrio.

Back