Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Major security issue... someone should let sony know that yall arent keeping your ps5's secured.
They are "secure" in the backroom, just not locked. With that said, some of our openers leave boxes of xboxes and PS5s in an unlockable rolling cage, on the floor.

Let's be honest, if you're tech in a store that isn't stupid high volume tech department with a ridiculous amount of truck in every day, you're overpaid if you don't help out elsewhere.
ig what you mean. but I do electronics and entertainment throughout the day. But then do pets and baby zone and gobacks.

We used to get someone on the weekends to do pets, baby, and seasonal but now our closing TL has gotten so bitchy about us doing it. Last year when we first moved the dept. we only did tech and entertainment. 141 was 1400 eaches throughout all of Q4.

All of this would be fine but books REALLY fucks us. 2 uboats of books a week.

The moment the closing TL got bitchy with me I went to my ETL and told him the situation. He said that depending on how the dept is in Q4. we'll go from there.

You know what grinds my gears? The people that are like "Can I get the AirPods? This is my 6th pair I lost them again yesterday.🤪" How are people just that carless and ignorant? And then they would be the very people using Afterpay.

You know what grinds my gears? The people that are like "Can I get the AirPods? This is my 6th pair I lost them again yesterday.🤪" How are people just that carless and ignorant? And then they would be the very people using Afterpay.
I've bad people say, oh well my dog chewed them, or mh kids dropped them in water. But when i offer applecare they get all offended or cheap suddenly.

Something that I've come to realize, other than the writing desk of the boat, I really like electronics 2.0.

You don't need that much storage for lock cases BECAUSE everything is in a glass case! The only thing you lock up is the high-end computer accessories and phone cases! Everything else is a spider wrap, which takes up no space lol.

I just hate the boat layout. It SUCKS this would be A LITTLE wider but would be soooooooo much better
DOesn't have to be as wide as the old boat. but just a little wider would make it so much better lol.

Attachments

• 2022-08-23 02_27_48-Untitled - Paint.png
    2022-08-23 02_27_48-Untitled - Paint.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 26
......... all of my accessories are in locked boxes , others are spiders.

But we were a beta test for tech 2.0 maybe you are having a better experience then we did... but we hated that transition and it took us 6 months to a year to get all the bugs worked out. Did they give you those new wooden tables with the wooden legs and locked cases on both sides.

Cause our locking mechanisms and tracks for the glass to slide on were stubborn to keep working... but the new glass they used is incredibly smashing resistant

Something that I've come to realize, other than the writing desk of the boat, I really like electronics 2.0.

You don't need that much storage for lock cases BECAUSE everything is in a glass case! The only thing you lock up is the high-end computer accessories and phone cases! Everything else is a spider wrap, which takes up no space lol.

I just hate the boat layout. It SUCKS this would be A LITTLE wider but would be soooooooo much better
DOesn't have to be as wide as the old boat. but just a little wider would make it so much better lol.
My mini boat is one register on one side facing east, the other facing west. So the 2 registers are facing each other separated by the center being mobiles laptops.

So its TM , mobile laptop, guest on one side.
Guest , Mobile laptop , TM on the other

all of my accessories are in locked boxes
accessories? Like phone chargers and such? my store isn't high theft so we don't really worry ab that too much

Cause our locking mechanisms and tracks for the glass to slide on were stubborn to keep working
yeahhhh one of our little island locking mechanisms broke too. we just removed the side metal bar thing. but the downside to this is someone can EASILY just grab the glass and yeet that mf out or break it.
separated by the center being mobiles laptops.
I got so fkn annoying with mobile and their bulky ass laptops. when we first set it up. it SUCKED. it took a lot of tinkering. attached is how it used to be. (attachment left side).

Something I suggest all people to do is to NOT put their register computer in the open cover area. you lose sooo much space. just keep it below the monitor.

This is what I did with the desk. (right photo)
For one, marketsource is shit in our district, we have had the same degenerate for a very long time. So we reduced them to one laptop.
Eventually, they got their own phone, we placed it behind the monitor on one of the registers.
Threw the POA Card reader under the desk since they barely use it.

My ETL told me that later this month, early next month, they're removing the laptops, signing thingies, and maybe printer marketsource uses. and if that's the case, I'm tossing their printer too lol. they can use ours if they need to. their big ass printer is taking 1 out of the two drawers we have lol.

You can fit a lot of stuff in if you're managing the week properly for yourself (if you're the primary member.)
Cool. Tell that to my store when I have plenty of stuff I can do in my area like inventory correction and checks, doing a full zone and making sure things are all in their right spots rather than pushing forward and grabbing things on the ground, etc but can't when I'm asked to be brought out.

accessories? Like phone chargers and such? my store isn't high theft so we don't really worry ab that too much

yeahhhh one of our little island locking mechanisms broke too. we just removed the side metal bar thing. but the downside to this is someone can EASILY just grab the glass and yeet that mf out or break it.

I got so fkn annoying with mobile and their bulky ass laptops. when we first set it up. it SUCKED. it took a lot of tinkering. attached is how it used to be. (attachment left side).

Something I suggest all people to do is to NOT put their register computer in the open cover area. you lose sooo much space. just keep it below the monitor.

This is what I did with the desk. (right photo)
For one, marketsource is shit in our district, we have had the same degenerate for a very long time. So we reduced them to one laptop.
Eventually, they got their own phone, we placed it behind the monitor on one of the registers.
Threw the POA Card reader under the desk since they barely use it.

My ETL told me that later this month, early next month, they're removing the laptops, signing thingies, and maybe printer marketsource uses. and if that's the case, I'm tossing their printer too lol. they can use ours if they need to. their big ass printer is taking 1 out of the two drawers we have lol.
Yea, corporate did not let us do any customization at all fullstop period. I guess cause we were a beta store for their plans , we could not deviate at all in the slightest...

Though that silver bar with the black padding that came off, we would percussive maintence that back into place with the mag key or the zebra.. 😆

What do you do when street dated items come in? I've been told not to backstock them.at all. Not even the consoles and wearable.

What do you do when street dated items come in? I've been told not to backstock them.at all. Not even the consoles and wearable.
it used to be a problem backstocking SD items. my old ETL did it your way. now, there is no need to separate them. if an item is SD it won’t fall under pulls anymore

This must be an un-informed individual that told you. As of like, I don't know...8-10 months ago you can backstock all street date as it will pull on the day it is due.

Last edited:
Lol when I signed into Greenfield Target let me register my YubiKey, I hope the myDevice doesn't start asking for it. 😂

This must be an un-informed individual that told you. As of like, I don't know...8-10 months ago you can backstock all street date as it will pull on the day it is due.
OH NOW I LEARN THIS AND SOMEONE TELLS ME! I'll still keep books and movies in their boxes, but anything else is going in a Waco.
Also, did anyone have to remove those video game display shelves this week?

Back