Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

oh i love it. the one “downside” is there is no space to flex TVs and the one place there is looks like shit. to the point SD said to take it down lol.
We basically ou put clearance and small TVs on the floor. We are high theft, so we have to spider wrap them as therter them to the wall, and noone has time (or spider wraps) to spiderwrap a 75.

Has anyone else's tech department started asking them to use the mycheckout devices in Tech? I mean, I get it for their metric, and it is useful for TVs and such, but most TMs won't use it, so what's the point?

Personally, I use it as my handheld for the day if take one. It can do it all, right?

Has anyone else's tech department started asking them to use the mycheckout devices in Tech? I mean, I get it for their metric, and it is useful for TVs and such, but most TMs won't use it, so what's the point?

Personally, I use it as my handheld for the day if take one. It can do it all, right?
not us lol. the only time i used a MCO at tech was when the power was out and the tech registers weren’t powered properly

I use a my checkout all the time.

I used them during the initial pandemic and q4 cause it allows a extra register in a low traffic spot in my department.

Last week from SSTL: We're moving you to tech because you're the only person I have who can do the transition. When it's done, you can go back to style or stay in tech, whichever you prefer.

Last week from SSETL: You are in tech for October, but I need you in style in Q4. So, after the tech transition I'll send you back to kids.

Last weekend from HRETL: Do you like tech?
Me: I don't know. I've only worked 2 shifts there in my 4 years here.
HRETL: Oh.

Last weekend from GMETL as he's introducing me to a new seasonal toys TM: This is Seasonaldude. He's worked everywhere in the store, including toys. Find him in kids if you have any questions.
Me: I'll actually be in tech temporarily starting next week. Just catch me at the boat if you need anything.
GMETL: Temporarily?
Me: Just for the transition for now.
GMETL: OK. Well, good. You're more valuable to us there.

Last weekend from APTL: I hear you're moving to tech.
Me: Only temporarily for the transition.
APTL: Are you going back to style after that?
Me: I don't know.
APTL: Is it like last year when they were going to move you back to toys and then switched it to small appliances?
Me: Feels like it.

Today a half hour into my first tech shift in over a year from the SD: You're in tech today?
Me: Yeah.
SD: What's the plan for the day?
Me: I started with audits and the price change labels. Those are done. [SSETL name] asked me to focus on zone and leave freight for the closer. I'm starting with this *waves hand at 2 full carts of reshop and a cart of merch protection cases at the boat*.
SD: Good. Good. How is kids?
Me: A mess. I'm not scheduled there now though.
SD: Oh right. Do you have a plan for it though?
Me: Uhhhh....I'm in tech.

Later today as I'm digging through the cage for Apple product to backstock, the VM: You're working tech freight, why?
Me: I'm in tech for now.
VM: What?
Me: All my style shifts for this week were changed to tech. I'll be in tech at least through October.
VM: I had a plan to finally set the kids VMGs this week with your help. Who's in kids?
Me: No one. [SSTL name] told me they didn't backfill.
VM: Shit.

SSTL today after the business unit review meeting: They're moving you to tech permanently. We're doing away with DBOs, so you're not that. But, you ARE tech.
Me: What does that mean exactly?
SSTL: You're in charge. You get 40 hours a week. Everyone else answers to you.
Me: Oh. Well. Do I get a say in this?
SSTL: I didn't even get a say in this. They just told me this was what was going to happen. If they had asked, I would have told them this is what I wanted though.
Me: What if I don't like it and want to go back to style?
SSTL: I need you to like it.
Me: OK.

Tl;dr Coomunication sucks at my store even amongst leadership. Also, I'm apparently now in charge of tech.

Tl;dr Coomunication sucks at my store even amongst leadership. Also, I'm apparently now in charge of tech.
Tech really isn't tooo difficult to maintain. At least in my store. Our tech people are really solid. We genuinely enjoy each others company. They were so on our ass about us talking at the desk until they realized that we are the most up to date dept in the store.

Tech really isn't tooo difficult to maintain. At least in my store. Our tech people are really solid. We genuinely enjoy each others company. They were so on our ass about us talking at the desk until they realized that we are the most up to date dept in the store.
Our Tech Department is two people in that work center, myself and another is on leave. They have others who have some shifts there, but most don't want to be there and don't do anything pushing frieght (only sometimes backstock), one for ones (but not push) and zoning if we are lucky. I end up doing all signing, I get help with tags. I hardly have time for transitions and revisions, pricing, salvage, etc... the SSTL and SSETL do some of this, but quite often they enable it all and it never gets done. Games are a mess and the plano gets tied in and games don't get into the case, OPU infs it (unless someone backstocked them). What a mess. I've been told that I am Tech, which is odd since I am only there 30 a week, mostly closing.

I had a guy trying to buy multiple ipads, i sold him only one, and he used a wallet with gift cards to pay. I walk away and talk to AP about it and they try to l get someone else to get ipads for them. I don't know if the new way for scammers to get cash is to have victims buy gift cards, which are then used to buy electronics, which are then sold for cash. Either way, people need to stop being shady

I had a guy trying to buy multiple ipads, i sold him only one, and he used a wallet with gift cards to pay. I walk away and talk to AP about it and they try to l get someone else to get ipads for them. I don't know if the new way for scammers to get cash is to have victims buy gift cards, which are then used to buy electronics, which are then sold for cash. Either way, people need to stop being shady
This has been happening for years and target blatantly does not care. This is the liquidation phase of the cars extended warranty scams and the like. If you watch Kitboga you would hear them ask for Target gift cards all the time. For Target not to care, they are definitely not giving back the money to victims, and it's pure profit for them, savage.

This has been happening for years and target blatantly does not care
its been happening because target ends up with the money so why should they care lol. Our very old closing TL would suggest us to upsell them on products if we have an abundance of them. I usually do. But I take off their TM discount.

guy was buying alot of apple products
I scared this one guy once.
Me:"Is this your team member discount?"
Guest:"yes"
Was kinda shocked he said yes
M: "okay whats your name just so i can look you up"
He fully gave me his ID and everything. Nothing came up.
G: "Oh i work in a distribution center in arizona"
M: "Hmm thats weird. Nothing comes up."
G: "oh. thats weird."
M: "Thats fine. I can just lookup your manager too. Whats your managers name."
G: "oh i don't know"
M: "you don't know your managers name?"
G: "no"
M: " so i couldn't let you use this TM discount with this:"

In our electronics 2.0 store, we have the brand wall thing but the signs are old. Still the old iPhone display and I think we have a Galaxy S21 poster up. Who tf do we call for that

This has been happening for years and target blatantly does not care. This is the liquidation phase of the cars extended warranty scams and the like. If you watch Kitboga you would hear them ask for Target gift cards all the time. For Target not to care, they are definitely not giving back the money to victims, and it's pure profit for them, savage.
I'll have to look him up. I am familiar with scammerpayback. The APETL told me only one and even knew how he was paying. I think they must be cracking down on it.

The amount of people trying to price match the TARGET EXCLUSIVE black pink album.

Just read that sentence out loud. Think about it. 🤣
In many products, the "Target Exclusive" or "Only at Target" version has some unique "perk" included. On an LP or CD, this would be an extra song not on the regular release, or some extra pictures/artwork. So it is humorous that guests pretend that we can price match with other retailers, when it isn't the exact same item.

We're not the only store which orders "exclusive" versions of products, whether it be vacuum cleaners, board games or espresso machines. Hmm, you get an extra widget included the vacuum cleaner....

The only way we got a reseller ring banned was just to open the faucet of apple. They bought so much thru our store that we made our district and store #1 in apple sales in q4. Which got high corporate to notice and then ap came down and told us they were banned and anyone that we knew to be part of the ring is banned and to hand them this number if they complained. 9 months later she put up such a huge stink that Ap Bp's boss ended up on a conference call with Apbp, and instore ,our Ap leadership, Our SD, specislty Etl with the guest listening in.

She was still banned lmao.

This was like after she passed like 3million thru our store in q4 alone.

Back