Archived Let's show support to T2050 in Jennings, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no, I didn't vote for Obomney. 3rd party for me.

Not to say there's no third party candidates that would have made good presidents, but I just don't see the point in voting for such candidates regardless of whether you think they'd be a good president or not. They simply have no chance to win, voting for them is simply an exercise in futility, it's a wasted vote. Voting for the lesser of two evils seems better than futilely protesting while not actually achieving anything or accomplishing anything.

Even though I somewhat agree, i would still say every vote counts. If everyone says oh he will never win, then they won't.

Every vote does not count when it comes to the President. In all reality no normal vote counts in the presidential elections only the electorial collage votes mean anything. President Bush lost the popular vote and yet still won the presidency.

Every vote does not count when it comes to the President. In all reality no normal vote counts in the presidential elections only the electorial collage votes mean anything. President Bush lost the popular vote and yet still won the presidency.

Sure, but there's not only correlation, but typically causation between your votes, and the votes of the electoral college for the state in which you live.

I say typically because in some states it is not legally required that the electoral college vote the same way as the popular vote (for that state). In such states there is very strong correlation, but technically not bulletproof causation.

Well, 2012 was the first time I had ever voted for a 3rd party candidate for president. My first two times, I sadly voted for the GOP candidate. If president Bush had been candidate Bush, America would be in way better shape. Candidate Bush was right. We shouldn't be the police of the world. But anyways, I think a person can vote for which ever candidate you want. It's your vote. Over 100 million people voted for Obomney and I didn't lose sleep over it. I mainly didn't vote for either because they were similar on many things. And let's be honest, Obama is a liberal Republican. But anyways, what's the deal with the store? Is it back to normal? I would be pissed if something happened near my store.

And your point is?

Was there another post in between your two posts that got deleted? The post above it seems to be in response to me, so a bit confused what your second post is responding to unless something someone else posted got deleted.

Nope. We're good brah. I don't think Target should let the police do them that way. Taking over a parking lot? Just bad taste. It makes guests and team members uncomfortable. And I don't want to hear "the cops are just trying to keep the peace" fantasy talk. I'm sure some of them are all about helping people but we can't forget the type of cops that think they're Judge Dredd. Why do cops want to ask you so many questions? Because they're just hoping that you incriminate yourself so they can arrest you.

I read somewhere that the rioters/protestors (most) are from neighboring towns/cities, not from Furgenson. These are the type of people who take advantage of a situation - claiming to be in support of it when they are really in it to profit off of it. They are completely separate from the protesters. Just wanted to leave this here. :oops:

For what it's worth I suspect that the people who smashed and broke things, set things on fire, and in general caused most of the major direct problems were a tiny fraction of young mostly men who lost all control.
Many of them probably were locals, not that it matters.
Because the police could have handled it properly but they didn't.

You see peaceful marches now.
Because of members of different clergy, Nation of Islam, organizers, outside people came in and made sure things ran smoothly.
Those young people are still there but that energy and anger is being channeled into safe outlets.

There was a very big voter registration drive during the protests so hopefully they will all go out and vote for leaders that will represent them.

There was a very big voter registration drive during the protests so hopefully they will all go out and vote for leaders that will represent them.

See, one of the problems I've noticed is people complained about Ferguson's mayor and most people in elected positions being white but the city was majority black. My first thought was "then VOTE and change that."

Burning down QT gas stations won't help elect new people to office. Get off your butt and vote. That goes for every human that can vote.

See, one of the problems I've noticed is people complained about Ferguson's mayor and most people in elected positions being white but the city was majority black. My first thought was "then VOTE and change that."

Could be that no blacks decided to seriously run for office.

Idk.

There had just been a very nasty election where a white official accused a long term black official of corruption (with no actual proof, from what I can gather) and won by a thin margin.
The precincts are gerrymandered to give the black districts the fewest number of sitting officials.

They set up voter registration booths at the protests.
The Missouri GOP Director called it disgusting.

Why do certain political parties use certain groups as pawns? So sad and disrespectful. And people usually take the bait. I thought America was about choices and equality. How do you have a choice when it's down between tweedle dum and tweedle dee?

It seems like the craziness and sensationalizing have died from last week and that's a good thing. Those local businesses don't need that drama. And Targets don't need to be hijacked by law enforcement.

And the police state in America needs to be examined and fixed. There are too many cases in which people get shot and killed by officers when in a lot of cases, it may not have been necessary to shoot to kill. Yes, I'm not a cop so I have no idea what it's like to be in a situation like that but at the same time, you have to think about what is going to happen to yourself, your family, the person you are shooting, and that person's family. Everything will change as soon as you pull the trigger.
I just read a story about some suicidal kid in Kansas that was shot 16 times by cops. 16 times? Are you kidding me? 16 times? Cops are out of control.

We'll see how this case turns out, that will be key.

I did see a picture of the victim and he is HUGE!!! Whether or not the officer was intimidated or threatened will probably play a large role in this.

I did see a picture of the victim and he is HUGE!!! Whether or not the officer was intimidated or threatened will probably play a large role in this.
Which is why it's a good idea to wait for back-up.
I live in an area that has had so many police-related shootings that resulted in wrongful death lawsuits. A police monitor has been in place for a while & even THEY have problems with all these shootings (& the monitor is retired law enforcement).
Granted, many of these were during the commission of a crime but only 1 or 2 truly justified deadly force.

We'll see how this case turns out, that will be key.

...didn't the officer shoot him in the back?

This story kinda faded away after people got what they wanted from it. ISIS and Ebola are the two top stories in America right now. At least this Target store is hopefully back to normal.

The story is still out there, the news just isn't covering it.
The police are still arresting non-violent protesters.
The courts made them drop charges against a number of people saying that the rule about people having to never stop moving was illegal.
The story is there, we've just had the dog whistle used on something else.

Why not let the officer have due process? 4th amendment anyone? Innocent until proven guilty right? If it was a crime then there will be a trial and justice will be served. Maybe the cop was trigger happy and possibly profiled the deceased. Maybe the deceased was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe the police state in America is out of control and someone needs to take a stand against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not let the officer have due process? 4th amendment anyone? Innocent until proven guilty right? If it was a crime then there will be a trial and justice will be served. Maybe the cop was trigger happy and possibly profiled the deceased. Maybe the deceased was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe the police state in America is out of control and someone needs to take a stand against it.

Yes I am sure the police investigation will be fair and balanced.

If there was enough evidence for a trial, it would be going to a grand jury to indict.

My worthless opinion on the matter that the whole thing is just another example of the police state that is out of control in America. I'm white but I definitely know that cops treat minorities worse than whites. It's not right and it needs to change but cops do profile. With that being said, cops are out of control in general when it comes to brutality and abusing their power. They are supposedly here to protect and serve, not punish and enslave. Sadly, a lot of them are trying to get promoted and they know that the more arrests they make, the closer they get to being promoted to either SGT or detective. Most of the time, cops are not trying to stop/prevent crimes. They are out there looking for people to arrest. It's sad but definitely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back