Light at the end of the tunnel?

I'm just curious if anyone's store is seeing any glimpse of improvement? My store is sliding farther and farther into the abyss of failure, and as they keep trying new ways to kick the can down the road all of the good employees are leaving. This of course, leaves us with the idiots who don't even know how to use a door handle.....

I'm just curious if anyone's store is seeing any glimpse of improvement? My store is sliding farther and farther into the abyss of failure, and as they keep trying new ways to kick the can down the road all of the good employees are leaving. This of course, leaves us with the idiots who don't even know how to use a door handle.....
No. We're heading into BTS/BTC and then fall season.

Stores and DCs will slide further and further into oblivion shedding tears sweat and blood over what once was.

Then January/February will come and we'll all be spending the next several months trying to find our own asses with a flashlight and 2 wrong sized batteries, one of which is probably dead, just in time for it to start all over again.

Side note, it may or may not have been a rough day.

I'm just glad I'm not on inbound anymore...my blood pressure's high enough being front end.

Seriously, 3 cashiers 2 days before a major nearby college comes back? Excuse me, 2, because they stole 1 for OPU. Seriously wtf, maybe STAFF ADEQUATELY and then you wouldn't need to do 10 million backup calls!

Last edited:
No. I recently left style inbound to work on the salesfloor in kids but have still spent more time breaking out the approximately 100 old style pallets (no exaggeration) than I have on the floor.
If there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's probably from an oncoming train!

Nope. Floor still looks like ass, guests still shopping like animals, Style breakout area stuffed full of loaded zs and metros, piles of repacks, carts full of reshop in nearly every area/department of the store.
I think the worst sign at my store is that the SD and ETLs have stopped saying anything at all about the zone. We do a "brand walk" picking up reshop and zoning endcaps every morning, but most of the actual valleys look like a bomb went off, and nobody seems that concerned about it. Seasonal has the writing/art bins totally full of random reshop that nobody has time to try to fix.

I think the worst sign at my store is that the SD and ETLs have stopped saying anything at all about the zone. We do a "brand walk" picking up reshop and zoning endcaps every morning, but most of the actual valleys look like a bomb went off, and nobody seems that concerned about it. Seasonal has the writing/art bins totally full of random reshop that nobody has time to try to fix.
Oh yeah, I feel like they've given up. Back in the day if someone called out at night, the closing leader would ask you to at least pick the stuff up from the floor in their area or other areas that were bad - now no one even bothers.

The amount of useless freight we are getting is going up.

I back stocked 10 cases (150+ boxes) of an item just this week.

My TL said it was for a transition.

I said no it isn't.

It's stuff we currently carry BUT DO NOT NEED.

Another department got 50 cake stands that will never sell.

So much for Target cutting orders from their suppliers.

Back