Light at the end of the tunnel?

They already do this with the skeleton crew they have now! God forbid you are idle for 1.2 picoseconds.

Go ahead, TL, keep hovering and getting on me for every little mistake. Keep trying to add new shit for me to do when I'm 1 of two or three people on the lanes during a busy rush. You're only increasing my Quiet Quitting skill.
I think the idle ness has to do with the "can't let tm's talk other wise they'll form the 😨 union" lmao

That's funny. My store dumped pallets of stuff in the racetrack a few months ago. That shit sold fast. So we did it again. DSD dropped by and ordered it all removed.
Sometimes it seems like corporate has forgotten that the purpose of a store is to sell merchandise and not just to set hindering standards and meet metrics…🙄

Exactly! It makes more sense to have a cashier do reshop, zone, or maybe even push and be the first responder for Fast Service than constantly pulling from the sales floor. But then that would take the SE ETL/SETLs actually doing their jobs and realize their job isn’t to call everyone else to do theirs. ASANTS, of course.
I see you put the ASANTS disclaimer in there, but I just spent nearly my whole shift on a lane to keep from pulling from the skeleton crew on the floor, so with all due respect, bite me lol. You have a point though, it's necessary these days to not waste any time, and when we're blessed to have an extra cashier or drive up, they have to go reshop or do freight or a pickup batch. It was not like this just a year ago, but this is the new normal.

It's come to the point where I'm embracing the crazy.

Yes, yes, YESSS, more reshop, I need more! Pile it to the ceiling! These tables look too neat, they need to look more like piles of laundry. What's this, a stack of t shirts in the correct size order? Well, that just won't do - throw a few larges and XLs on top of that small! How come I can see the the counter through this load of fitting room rejects? Come on, the hangers aren't even spilling onto the floor - get it together people!

Wait, you are going to roll random unsorted carts of merchandise from Guest Services over to the fitting room at night? OMG why didn't I think of that! Please do! And while you're at it, looks like there are only about 5-6 carts of Baby Hardlines reshop blocking merchandise in Infants. That's down from the usual 8-9, someone better getting cracking.

Hahaha! Hahahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Today was fun. There were 6 TMs scheduled in style all day. 2 to close. 1 for dayside fitting room. So only 3 on the floor during the day. And they sent people home early to save hours. The best part: I volunteered to leave early, but was denied because tech got sent home, thus I was needed to hold the keys. I actually had to stay an hour late because they told the tech closer to come in an hour late. My store is nuts.

there are four lights.

no there is no light there is only the bleak darkness before me and behind me
we are lost and rudderless
the cold is seeping into our bones

this I fear is what Kmart felt like before the axe was sharpened and readied for one last swing

The thing that gets me is, how many times have we been told "the freight will return to normal soon!" and "we've changed our buying strategy!" but the unneeded junk keeps coming?
We were told 2months ago no more doubles. We were taking 2 doubles each week. They were correct. We are now taking 3 doubles each week. We have also been told to not expect relief until late January. I started in 2011 left briefly and came back. Never in my wildest dream did I ever see this happening. In 2011 we took 4 trucks and only a few doubles in 4th quarter. We came clean every fucking day. Oh how us old timers miss those days. The newbies don’t believe us when we talk about the good ole days, lol.

there are four lights.

no there is no light there is only the bleak darkness before me and behind me
we are lost and rudderless
the cold is seeping into our bones

this I fear is what Kmart felt like before the axe was sharpened and readied for one last swing
I was there at K-Mart and it's similar, but honestly... I'd give anything yo be back there now. This current Target reality is magnitudes worse than K-Mart before the fall...

We were told 2months ago no more doubles. We were taking 2 doubles each week. They were correct. We are now taking 3 doubles each week. We have also been told to not expect relief until late January. I started in 2011 left briefly and came back. Never in my wildest dream did I ever see this happening. In 2011 we took 4 trucks and only a few doubles in 4th quarter. We came clean every fucking day. Oh how us old timers miss those days. The newbies don’t believe us when we talk about the good ole days, lol.
Yep, right there with ya in '11 and been watching it get progressively worse since we the hack / we got Cornell...

Today was fun. There were 6 TMs scheduled in style all day. 2 to close. 1 for dayside fitting room. So only 3 on the floor during the day. And they sent people home early to save hours. The best part: I volunteered to leave early, but was denied because tech got sent home, thus I was needed to hold the keys. I actually had to stay an hour late because they told the tech closer to come in an hour late. My store is nuts.

LOL at my store. So that was yesterday. Today style should have been better staffed. But there were two callouts. An NCNS. 2 over an hour lates because they forgot their schedule. Fulfillment had 3 callouts. There were no cart attendants because they called out. Heck even most of the driveup team called out. And, of course tech was an NCNS so I got the pleasure of doubling as tech and kids on a Saturday, which at least spared me from backing up the front and fulfillment. But, hardly anything got done in kids. Reshop is overflowing. The zone is ummmmm less than ideal. Truck didn't get done. I was supposed to clear the uniform shop today so our VM can set tomorrow. I tried, I guess.

And after all those hours cuts earlier this week, they asked to stay late and work overtime.

No, it's just that they actually said "No, more doubles!".

I'm just curious if anyone's store is seeing any glimpse of improvement? My store is sliding farther and farther into the abyss of failure, and as they keep trying new ways to kick the can down the road all of the good employees are leaving. This of course, leaves us with the idiots who don't even know how to use a door handle.....
My store is in free fall. The leaders starting with execs can't be bothered to come out of the office. TLs are drowning with work caused by insane truck sizes, staffing problems, call outs, raised expectations on productivity and the worst moral since I've been there. After a truck the other day our TL told an employee not to bother cleaning a path through the back said there is too much stuff we're not getting done who cares.

My store is in free fall. The leaders starting with execs can't be bothered to come out of the office. TLs are drowning with work caused by insane truck sizes, staffing problems, call outs, raised expectations on productivity and the worst moral since I've been there. After a truck the other day our TL told an employee not to bother cleaning a path through the back said there is too much stuff we're not getting done who cares.
I, literally, saw one of our big, burly hardworking gung-ho guys crying the other day because they told the team it was more important to do 141s and zone than to push the 2300 piece truck they just unloaded into the already stuffed backroom. Half of the team walked out since their schedule said off at 0800 and they didnt finish untill 1130. Corporate and the leaders running these stores are a shitshow

They already do this with the skeleton crew they have now! God forbid you are idle for 1.2 picoseconds.

Go ahead, TL, keep hovering and getting on me for every little mistake. Keep trying to add new shit for me to do when I'm 1 of two or three people on the lanes during a busy rush. You're only increasing my Quiet Quitting skill.
This was a lot of the reason why I quit, They expect so much shit out of a Cart Attendant especially one who works hard and doesn’t suck up to the cult.

Back