Archived LOA during blackout dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to go on leave during black out dates in November? My mother is having a serious surgery and I’m the only person that could take care of her. I would just request a week or so off but my store’s blackout dates are pretty much all of November and December. I’ve worked there for 7 years but I’ve never needed to take any kind of leave so I don’t know what my options would be. I will talk to my HR of course but wanted to ask on here first to get an idea of my options.

You can take fmla and it doesn’t matter if it is a blackout date or not. It will protect your job. I’m taking loa/fmla for having a child and I won’t be back until January. You can take up to 12 weeks a year of fmla.

I wish they would try to tell me I had to come back before blackout dates, lol.

Is it possible to go on leave during black out dates in November? My mother is having a serious surgery and I’m the only person that could take care of her. I would just request a week or so off but my store’s blackout dates are pretty much all of November and December. I’ve worked there for 7 years but I’ve never needed to take any kind of leave so I don’t know what my options would be. I will talk to my HR of course but wanted to ask on here first to get an idea of my options.

Call the Target Benefits Center at 800-828-5850. Speak to the Leave and Disability Team to to get more information about your leave options.

You can take fmla and it doesn’t matter if it is a blackout date or not. It will protect your job. I’m taking loa/fmla for having a child and I won’t be back until January. You can take up to 12 weeks a year of fmla.

I wish they would try to tell me I had to come back before blackout dates, lol.

TK63, I agree with @no nix nein that FMLA is a good choice.

Technically, Target doesn’t have blackout dates anymore! This is communication coming from HQ because so many stores will not let people off certain days and really that’s not fair to our team. Of course, some HRs do that but I do not. I work with my team an say if you take off Thanksgiving then you work the Saturday after Black Friday or maybe another big day. I just try to let the team know that we are flexible, but that I need something from them since I have 200+ TM.

Like HRLady, call the benefits center! They will help you out!! Most LOAs go through them anyway!

Thank you for the responses! One more quick question.. who decides how long the FMLA is for? Do I choose it, or my mom’s doctor, or the benefits center, or someone at my store?

Thank you for the responses! One more quick question.. who decides how long the FMLA is for? Do I choose it, or my mom’s doctor, or the benefits center, or someone at my store?

Pretty sure it’s your Mom’s doctor, but the benefits center would know for sure.

There actually is another type of Medical LOA that TMs can go on after maxing out on the FMLA one. It's called Personal Medical LOA. I have helped Team Members go on these before when they needed more time to recover.

Thanks
@HRLady

On short term disability, you need to have 1200 hours now to get it now. Don't forget FMLA.

Questions to ask. Paperwork needs to processed by your hr on type of leave or disability.
Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts

The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

On short term disability, you need to have 1200 hours now to get it now. Don't forget FMLA.

Questions to ask. Paperwork needs to processed by your hr on type of leave or disability.
Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts

The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.
I did everything online through targetpayandbenefits.com. It was super easy, then I just confirmed my dates with HR.

Oh and I scanned and submitted all my paperwork via my IPad and the targetpayandbenefits.com site. Maybe it’s just my HR but when you ask them anything about LOA and FMLA they just refer you to the site/#.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back