Archived LOA for Breast Augmentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if it'll get approved. I have all my money saved and all set up even the surgery day which will be August 3rd. My doctor said I could take between three weeks to a month off work, but what it's getting me nervous is the fact that I don't know if it'll be approved because it's cosmetic surgery.

Pics, or it didn't happen...

aaf_shifty.gif

If it's something that'll affect your ability to work for a brief while, I don't see why a LOA would be denied regardless of what type of surgery you're getting. Good luck with it, by the by!

Disclaimer: I'm not HR and don't have any experience in it so every word of what I said might just be sweet, beautiful lies.

I am an almost full grown man (I will say this forever). I feel as though if taxes are still applied to Tampons (because they are a luxury, and only bought for 1 reason (your a woman).

Having never had a period, because I never went through puberty (Tbe Female equivalent), I would easily be fighting first for non-taxed tampons. Brest augmentation is purely cosmetic in my opinion.

However I am just a man amongst wolves.

Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts

The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

I approve if you let me have leave, to increase my D-size from my small man size, of 8.5 inches, to the more normal human size of 15.756

I am an almost full grown man (I will say this forever). I feel as though if taxes are still applied to Tampons (because they are a luxury, and only bought for 1 reason (your a woman).

Having never had a period, because I never went through puberty (Tbe Female equivalent), I would easily be fighting first for non-taxed tampons. Brest augmentation is purely cosmetic in my opinion.

However I am just a man amongst wolves.
When I am almost upside down hanging off the side of the wav putting up ceiling wires and my boobs are literally smothering me... its not cosmetic.

I would like to know if it'll get approved. I have all my money saved and all set up even the surgery day which will be August 3rd. My doctor said I could take between three weeks to a month off work, but what it's getting me nervous is the fact that I don't know if it'll be approved because it's cosmetic surgery.

Fudge it if possible. Breast augmentation is considered elective surgery, but so is cataract removal, angioplasties and hysterectomies. See if you can get away with just calling it elective surgery and if the doctor can fill out the necessary forms without saying you're undergoing the knife just to add a cup size or three. There's gotta be a million terms the doctor can use (reconstructive surgery on the chest?) that are factually correct but unclear at first sight to the average layman.

And yeah, pictures.

My friend had a breast augmentation.
In her case it was just that, a breast , singular, augmentation because ever since she was 13 there was a good three or four cup size differences in her breasts depending on the kind of bra.
Did it threaten her life?
Not really.
But it did make her depressed and made buying clothes a misery.
Surgery made her a very happy, confident person.

Oh, don't do what a plastic surgeon, someone who really should have known better, did. She waited until she already had the augmentation surgery done to look for a surgical bra, and then bitched about the fact that they aren't carried in stores....by just about anyone. Target was the fourth place she went to that day. Order a couple to arrive in mid-July.

While it is cosmetic in the literal sense, It's an investment in how you evaluate your own self-image. Your doctor should be able to write it up as a necessary procedure. If it gets denied, have a psychologist write up paperwork as to the necessity. You can get short term disability for a mental breakdown, from an insurance perspective this is no different.

If for whatever reason the short term is denied, you can fight it and most likely win.

As for actual leave, they really can't deny you the leave part unless you're under 90 days.

I would run this by your HR as soon as possible and contact the Target Leave and Disability team to run it by them. I don't know why it would not be approved as I have had LOAs approved for other non-necessary procedures. Again, Target would have to walk a thin line if they started making exceptions. If for some reason it is not approved by the Leave and Disability team, I usually throw people on an educational LOA which is in your HR's discretion and is controlled by your HR at the store level.

If you have a medical doctor say that you need to be off work for a month, they don't need to say why.

Of course, with a breast augmentation, the reason is bound to be discovered.

We had a team member schedule time off for this, but she chickened out at the last minute.
She got a divorce instead and moved to OK. :)

I would think this would be covered under an ADA or HIPAA privacy clause: you're out for a medical reason. No need to state anything further. A doctors notice indicating required time-off is sufficient. Of course if the letterhead is for "Mytown Cosmetic Surgery" or similar they'll most likely be able to deduce a reason haha. Still, its a medical leave. Do not give a reason other than you're having a procedure performed.

Request the time off and invoke your FMLA rights. Tell them you need medical leave. With appropriate notice, it is not up to them to decide if you can have time off. It is your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back