Archived Location Accuracy in the backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is "Location Accuracy"? I was told this week that my location accuracy in the backroom has improved but I don't know what I did to improve it. I feel like I've been doing everything the same. How can I keep up my location accuracy?

The backroom location accuracy is how Spot scores the backroom. The score lets you know how the backroom is doing on paper. The lower the score means the more errors you have which in return means product could be not located in the backroom. They can also break it down to the team member level...they can see how many pulls you did, how many errors you caused, baffles, used m delete etc. Also, your score may have improved because you pulled more for that week. If you only pull 50 pulls a week and have one error....your personal error rate would be much higher than someone who pulled 500 pulls and had 5 errors. The higher pulls you have the more wiggle room you have with errors.

You can check your stats on work bench (workbench -> myPerformance -> CAF TM Detail). It'll tell you how many cafs you pulled, errors, etc. I believe you need about 99.7% accuracy to be considered green.

It means you didn't back stock the correct amount or pull the correct amount. When a TM pulls and finds a baffle or a ghost, the error goes to the TM who previously back stocked/ pulled from that location. Each error lowers the location accuracy score.

Target used to back stock everything like Dollar spot where counts didn't matter. Now they care about counts. I coached TMs below 98%. Usually everyone was over 99.0%.

My store makes everyone locu when we find a baffle or ghost. the br is green but there are errors in every section because people can't get caught since no one m-deletes.

When we do the audit, we find like 80+ errors. if everyone m-deleted for a week, the br would be fucked

Reactions: pfa
My store makes everyone locu when we find a baffle or ghost. the br is green but there are errors in every section because people can't get caught since no one m-deletes.

When we do the audit, we find like 80+ errors. if everyone m-deleted for a week, the br would be fucked

i feel like an asshole now lol, when the truck draws a black line directly through the pick label with their backstock marker i MD it if it wont scan... I will go ahead and stop that now 0_0

What exactly is "Location Accuracy"? I was told this week that my location accuracy in the backroom has improved but I don't know what I did to improve it. I feel like I've been doing everything the same. How can I keep up my location accuracy?

It is scored based on the # of pulls vs # of errors just as tgtguy posted.
Are you the BR team lead or a TM?
If your a TM just keep being awesome.
If your a TL .....
Well you can LOCU as some have suggested but this will only make you look on reports. A bit of warning there is a report that tracks the # of LOCU scans you have. If Quality Assurance ever pays you a visit they will ask your team members what they do when they find an error, can you guess why they are asking?

Audits and performance conversations are the official way to improve results. Audit sections that POG will be working in the week before they get there. Basic routines and high expectations are the way to get genuine results.

Try this, make a section 100% zone included. Pull a detailed report every day and audit the section, base your coaching conversations on what you find. It doesn't need to be a huge section at first. Several srtatigicly placed sections (problem areas) should identify good and bad performance.

Best practice is to M-Delete but why mark an error just to have someone come back later to fix it? Find an error during auto fills and CAFs and correct the error immediately.

If the ETL can explain why they LOCU vs M-Delete then there's no need to worry. My GOL understood and we both agree that audit reporting and performance conversations are the best method.

However I think audit reporting is beyond the scope of what the OP is asking. Seems like a TM just asking what LA is and how to improve personal score.

Not as bad as this:

A group of us tried to get this as our class song, mostly as a joke but partly because the choices we were given were awful.
The committee went with (gag) You Light Up My Life.

Oh Commie......that's wretched on SO many levels.....:eek:

A friend was singing "The ants are my friends, they're blowin' in the wind...."

They can only see if you use M-delete if you do it wrong. So scan everything in the location!

I was always told to never, under any circumstances, M-Delete. There is no need to use it, when a 10 second switch back to LOCU will fix the problem without wrecking your score. I've averaged over 1,000 pulls a week for (kinda depressing realizing now how long it has been) over 4 years now, and have never had a error come where LOCU could not fix it. No one will ask about M-Delete's in your BR if you always keep solid green.

I was always told to never, under any circumstances, M-Delete. There is no need to use it, when a 10 second switch back to LOCU will fix the problem without wrecking your score. I've averaged over 1,000 pulls a week for (kinda depressing realizing now how long it has been) over 4 years now, and have never had a error come where LOCU could not fix it. No one will ask about M-Delete's in your BR if you always keep solid green.
Locu can fix any error. It literally deletes everything in a location and let's you immediately sto it again. Using M-delete lets you know where your errors are coming from. LOCU makes everyone in your backroom look perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back