Archived Lockers & Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyAP

Go To Six
So at my store, we have these digital code lockers. C-FOURDIGITCODE-KeyButton

The team members here are ATROCIOUS at remembering a) the locker they chose, b) their own four digit code.

When a problem arises, the LOD has a key to open the lockers. This basically means the entire locker bay is on the honor system.

If I forgot my code, I call the LOD. The LOD comes and I say, I think my purse is in here. The LOD unlocks the locker. Oops that's not my purse, maybe this one. The LOD unlocks the locker. Ultimately the honor system is in play whenever I say 'oh yeah that's my purse' cuz ... if it isn't, WHO IS TO KNOW?!

It's really disconcerting to put your valuables in something that is repeatedly opened by people other than you.

This occur to anyone else? Any other locker-horror stories?

I have an awful time trying to find my locker some days. I just punch in my combination in the area that I know my stuff is in until one unlocks. It shouldn't be that difficult to remember the combination. Pick a four digit number and use it every time you work.

There are are a ton of them that are out of order (with signs on them). My first weekend there, I managed to find the next locker that no longer would work. So I had to get the LOD to unlock it for me. Only he figured that I had forgotten my combination and that I was just an idiot. Nah. We tried the locker right after that again, and it turned out it just plain didn't work. I laughed the next night when the same LOD had to rescue someone else from that locker, of course grumbling about it. Nearly 2 months later, there's still no sign on it. I guess people are either supposed to learn the hard way or by word of mouth (as I heard of another one the other day that people know is out of order, but there's no sign.

I'm assuming there's a camera in there somewhere so if someone makes off with your purse, it would be pretty easy to go through the coverage and figure it out?

Good thing about being a GSA, I put my things in the GSTL office!

Only myself/LOD will have a key for the office!

The ETLs at my store always ask a description of what is in it before unlocking.

I always use one of two lockers and the same combination every time. Most everyone in my store does the same thing. That way you don't have to stop and think everytime.

The ETLs at my store always ask a description of what is in it before unlocking.

Exactly. "Give me a specific detail of the item we are looking for....a brown purse is an incorrect answer." That is what our LOD's ask before opening any lockers. Obviously that method is not bulletproof.

I bring a magnet to stick on my locker.
Then some smarta$$ decided to move it around.
Fortunately, my memory is pretty sharp.

My first store had that system and I'd just write my locker number on my hand or on a sticky note. Or I'd start picking the same locker or area of lockers.

My store now has the quarter operated l

My first store had that system and I'd just write my locker number on my hand or on a sticky note. Or I'd start picking the same locker or area of lockers.

My store now has the quarter operated l

Oops hit post early...

The quarter lockers are annoying when there is no number of the locker on the ring, or when you can't find one cause people leave their stuff in it open.

It's even MORE annoying when you can't get the @#$! locker to open because the battery decided to die :angry:

I remember when I was in AP and had an angry TM approach me. She couldn't get her locker open and needed help. I opened "her" locker and it was someone else's stuff. Went through all the nearby lockers and find her purse and thought she would be happy. Hells no, she got even more pissed and wanted to know who had moved her stuff since she always uses the same locker. Ended up going through video to investigate and got the satisfcation of seeing the look on her face when I showed her the video of her putting her stuff in the locker I found it in. Obviously no apology for behavior or taking up my time.

We have the quarter operated ones, circa 1997 when our store opened. Out of approximately 200 lockers, literally only 20 still have keys. It's ridiculous/kinda funny. I still usually get a locker, nobody seems to want to use them. Meh.

There are are a ton of them that are out of order (with signs on them). Nearly 2 months later, there's still no sign on it. I guess people are either supposed to learn the hard way or by word of mouth (as I heard of another one the other day that people know is out of order, but there's no sign.

the only way someone knows the locker is broke - is when someone --- you ---- finds out it is broken --- and puts a sign on it.

no one has time to check them all. Take a moment, get a post it, label it is broken.

thank you

So, it was my first week of work. I was lucky to find the lockers....much less know what I could and couldn't do with paper and tape I had no clue where to find. I figured if the LOD, who should know what he is doing, didn't figure it needed a sign, then I was going to play follow the leader and try to get out of embarrassing myself even further.

I felt really bad for one LOD because I had 2 locker mishaps in one night

a) I could not for the life of me remember which locker was mine (I usually stick right around my age so that my addled brain remember it...that night every stinking locker around it was in use). In trying to find it she opened a locker that had been closed/locked for more than 8 months!!
b) I then picked a locker that stopped working all together

I was going to mess with her the next day and tell her I had accidently put my stuff in that locker and then decided no matter how much I don't like her that was just too mean. (Plus she is the sort to figure out a way to write me up for that)

Our STL went through and fixed all the broken and missing key lockers after and ETL got an audit report from Spot.
It came out to almost half of them and cost a small fortune.
I don't bother, I keep anything worth stealing with me.

Our STL went through and fixed all the broken and missing key lockers after and ETL got an audit report from Spot.
It came out to almost half of them and cost a small fortune.
I don't bother, I keep anything worth stealing with me.

I called the co. that makes the locks for the lockers and they said they will send a free replacement for any lockset we send them. I didn't actually do it, just passed the info along to the SFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back