Archived LOD possibly causing tension between TMs and I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LOD is great. He's very approachable, friendly, and always willing to help out TMs when asked. Whenever we go for a huddle, he would do recognition first in which he gives recognition to 2-3 TMs that did a great job the night before. He'd explain what they did that was so great, everyone claps and so on. He called my name 3 times already.. It makes me feel great and all but the thing is I think it's causing tension between me and TMs working in the same work center. I know I worked hard and it feels great to be recognized, but I admit there are a few others who work just as hard, so I feel bad. What can I do?

Like HLM said. Do recognition of your own. Call out all the people you know work so hard and deserve to spoken up for. (And it looks good for you to be doing it)

I don't normally get to huddles so I have no clue if, or when, I get recognized. But recently I was able to sneak in to a closing huddle and happened to be there for a morning huddle. I made sure to recognize the whole team, why? Because while I may harangue them about answering the phones/calls in a timely manner I KNOW they do better than the store down the street. If I knew they were doing the things that the other store seemed to be getting away with (I got hung up on twice and on hold for over 15 minutes without any communication) I would work with the guests personally.
Make sure to tell team members outside of huddles how much you appreciate them also. Group recognition is great but the personal ones are better(IMHO)

Just go talk to the LOD, tell him to cool it and spread the wealth around a little more, give him examples before huddle (Frank just did Task A and B by himself in 10 minutes!). I'm sure he doesn't know that you feel this way, or giving the wrong "vibe" out. Usually leaders are more the willing to get some tips on how to give feedback better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back