Archived LODs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blc

hi y'all! Just a question. Do the lods in talks store get on lanes for back up? Also how about the gsas/gstls?

I gotcha. We are an ultra low volume store and all of ours do except this one new one and I was just wondering if that was a store to store thing. She's from another store. Much larger store

Personally I think all ETLs except AP should be responding for backup just like everyone else. The only one I don't think should be on a lane is the current LOD in case there is a call for LOD.

Aside from one ETL who jumps on a lane to cash out a guest with whom he's vibing, not unless the STL is present. They call out every team member on the floor, then if no one else is available, they make the GSTL/GSA jump on a lane. If the STL is there, he immediately takes control of the front and makes everyone else in the building get on a lane except electronics, guest service, and fitting room.

On the other hand, the ETL-GE can't be bothered. She is virtually never up front.

How ironic, considering that she's supposed to own the front end.

We have one ETL that will jump on a lane. The rest will come up, say "GSTL you can jump on I'll watch the lanes" and then 2 seconds later they're pulling us away from our guest because a cashier has a question they don't know how to answer.

Yea, the current LOD is not supposed to jump on a lane incase something happens in the store and they need to respond immediately. Same thing with the GSA/GSTL

Now if they're not the current LOD, then they can jump on whenever they like. They just have to be dragged away from their offices.

That's one of several things I admired about my leadership.
During the day they are out & about - pushing product to the floor, jumping on a register, folding tables in softlines during midday - they're out there.

During the day they are out & about - pushing product to the floor, jumping on a register, folding tables in softlines during midday - they're out there.

That's what being a good boss is all about, leading by example.

We (as an LOD team) help with fast service as needed. Our ETL's are pretty good if they are in the office to come out and help the front end. Luckily this group of ETL's are hardly ever in their offices though. The LOD will cover the GSTL so they can hop on and will speedweave the front so that they are available to still be LOD and not trapped on a register. We also help Starbucks if they need fast service. There have been times I have been the only LOD in the store with nobody to help SB and I will go over there and help. It's not ideal because if I get a guest call I have to run but at least the team knows I am there for them and they understand if I have to leave.

At our ULV no, they never did, despite my constant urging that they do. As a replen srtl I had more transactions than all of the other leadership combined.

At the AA volume, yes, all the time. A good leader knows how to use that to their advantage to build respect from a team. "Go ahead and keep zoing soandso, I'll hop on"

Very , very seldom that you will catch a etl, stl on a register. However, several years ago we had an stl who made the etls get on a lane if things were bad enough.

Same here, redeye58. It is nice to know that the leadership do not use their priviledged positions to avoid work and responsibility. I wish I could see more of this in my past experiences.

Ours do if it's the last resort. Other than that they just wander around aimlessly like lost puppies. Or they hide in their offices.

Time to push them out into the *real world*. When I did a quick stint at another store, the LOD there was literally *all over the place*. She was responding to ten things at a time. And yet she took the time to help me for a few minutes. That is noteworthy. The TLs and LODs at my store do not elevate themselves and hide away. Shove yours out. Now! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back