Archived Logistics Zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is this? Sorry for asking, just noticed it on my schedule this week (working 46+hours) & was vaguely told I would probably partner with the backroom to help push all day, both days. Just wanted to check & see. Never worked this before & the two shifts for it are right before Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

Any help is appreciated!

At my store, Logistics Zone is used as a "paper workcenter." We use it when a project doesn't really fit in another workcenter or there aren't enough hours allocated to said workcenter to accommodate such scheduling. We use Logistics Zone for overnight sales floor (during Q4), midnight releases, adjacency sets in softlines, and other scheduling oddities. For Black Thursday/Friday, we will also be using Offsite as a paper workcenter for crowd control (we don't have an offsite process).

Your store may use Logistics Zone differently, so I would talk to your TL, ETL, or HR for more info.

Thanks for the info, man. I spoke with AP about it (she & I are good friends) & she wasn't sure, but thought it may be helping them push. She was the last one I saw or spoke to on my way out late yesterday. I'll check tomorrow & see if I can get some concrete info on it for our store. I was just curious as to who I needed to status with or partner with on whatever this is.

Different stores have different usages. For instance, we're using Jewlery, Zone, Offsite, and Starbucks this week. All for projects/specific tasks.

We use Logistics Zone for the C&S delivery process at my store.

We've used offsite for zoning BTS and jewelry for softlines. Just ask....I'm sure it's just something with the way hours are, and you'll be fine.

Though at my store flow has taken ownership of a specific place to zone, so it may be that, depending on the length of your shift.

good chance, it will be used to for push & prep for the ads this week. take hours & learn soemething new too!

I think it used to be used for the overnight zoners, but apparently we haven't had those for years. now it just gets used for whatever that store wants/needs. At my current store the overnight team leads use it as their work center (since they don't actually spend any time pushing or backstocking usually) and at my previous store it was used for the person who would assist the backroom team with their autofills on non-truck mornings til the store opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back