Archived LOL ideas on having only two carts at guest service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it’s a freekin fail who tf has the time to go around the Entire store LOL! Every department has its own weakness...like fucking cosmetics and electronics and every department! LOL I think this return cart will take a freekin 8hr shift to get it done or longer from guest service! Feeling bad for appearal as if shit doesn’t take forever to do fucking do but only two return carts for hardlines and appearal who tf is that high to think of this idea?

Stores in my area only use one 3-tier for entire store. Anything at guest service should only be from returns. Sales floor gets their own abandons themselves at the checklanes. It’s a process and may take a couple of months to get use to but is worth it.

Sounds awful. Softlines has one cart for everything at my store, but it works because they have the fitting room desk to sort it out at. Hardlines has nowhere to sort. Separating things by different sections at the front end (not that the front end is particularly good at it) makes taking reshop to the floor and backstocking it if necessary much more efficient.

I feel like it’s a freekin fail who tf has the time to go around the Entire store LOL! Every department has its own weakness...like fucking cosmetics and electronics and every department! LOL I think this return cart will take a freekin 8hr shift to get it done or longer from guest service! Feeling bad for appearal as if shit doesn’t take forever to do fucking do but only two return carts for hardlines and appearal who tf is that high to think of this idea?
Actually the company is going forward with no guest cart return at guest service . I’m a modernization store and that rule had been implemented with no carts, vehicles of any type at guest service. When the dtl walked my store and asked me how I would do it. First I said the bitch that came with the idea is a low volume store she might have a return 1 or 2 every 15 minutes that’s fisible. But with a AAA+ store where guest walks in to do returns every 2-3 minutes it’s stupod. Anyway my suggestion was have a runner , just like a the drive up person and also leverage the drive up person when there is no orders. Because the returns can not go to the back it has to go straight to the floor.

@allnew2 so how are strays handled? We seem to go back and forth between you work your own strays to they go in dept bins behind gs. What method does modernization use?

There's no time, ever, where a TM should bring something to the Service Desk and leave it there. Put it away.
Service Desk should be for returns from guests and stuff left at the lanes only.
Then, honestly, this program works just fine.
We started following this program, and went from having Smart Huddles for 17+ carts of RTS every day to barely ever having anything in the 3 tiers behind the desk.
As long as the TMs aren't brining crap up there, and someone works the carts quick before they get too full, it's one of the only programs we've rolled out recently that worked great.

There's no time, ever, where a TM should bring something to the Service Desk and leave it there. Put it away.
Service Desk should be for returns from guests and stuff left at the lanes only.
We started following this program, and went from having Smart Huddles for 17+ carts of RTS every day to barely ever having anything in the 3 tiers behind the desk.
As long as the TMs aren't brining crap up there, and someone works the carts quick before they get too full, it's one of the only programs we've rolled out recently that worked great.

I'm assuming you are addressing my question. The reason I asked is when I work pricing I can easily fill the middle of a 3 tier during a 4 hour shift. I find everything in the store on the clearance endcaps. 🙄 If I needed to work it all out it could eat up decent time. I do try to work it as I move around the store so I don't take it all to gs.

I'm assuming you are addressing my question. The reason I asked is when I work pricing I can easily fill the middle of a 3 tier during a 4 hour shift. I find everything in the store on the clearance endcaps. 🙄 If I needed to work it all out it could eat up decent time. I do try to work it as I move around the store so I don't take it all to gs.

Our store, surprisingly for how much no one puts anything in the right spot, doesn't have that problem.
We pretty aggressively coach for stuff like that, though, since the signs now say anything on those ends that isn't ticketed will still ring down, and that can be seen as a big policy violation for guests when they don't.
But yeah, anyone who finds something is required to put it away at our store, and while it can be a pain, it's a hell of a lot better in the long run than being taken off your task work to go work out endless full carts of RTS that have built up.
Certainly report it to a leader, though, and I would expect them to look into it.

What department is appearal? Is it next to APPAREL? Or in Softlines???

We added standards and shelving where the carts used to park under the wall behind guest service. On those shelves we keep store pickup orders. But on the bottom shelf we have clear tubs for reshop. One for blue, green, red, Softlines, and grocery. The depts are called whenever the tub gets full and they must pick up ASAP.

Really? You think it efficient for softlines to put away the bag of oranges that was left in shoes and the plastic forks left on a table in men's and the hangers dumped in baby hardlines? Or equally efficient for beauty to figure out where in a sea of jewelry where a 3 set of cubic zirconia goes? And where is sales floor supposed to find time to run all around the entire store?

ASANTS. Closing zone, if i put everything away, particularly Softlines & grocery, that I'm not familiar with, I'd get maybe a third of my zone done. Our process is to bring the crap we collect to GS and sort it ourselves before we leave for the night. I put away stuff I find in the blocks I'm zoning, and will put away other HL stuff if I have time, and dry grocery (which I rarely have time for, but it happens) but electronics, beauty and particularly softlines would take waaaay to long.

Right now we have 1 person in HL at night, and maybe 2-3 SL people, including fitting room and the closing LOD TL, so if they got rid of carts for us to shuttle items back that fast they'd have to give up any hope of having anyone answer call boxes, serve guests, zone the floor or have backups at the lanes.

Or, yanno, schedule more people. So I'm assuming the carts will stay.

Really? You think it efficient for softlines to put away the bag of oranges that was left in shoes and the plastic forks left on a table in men's and the hangers dumped in baby hardlines? Or equally efficient for beauty to figure out where in a sea of jewelry where a 3 set of cubic zirconia goes? And where is sales floor supposed to find time to run all around the entire store?
Softlines gathers merch for other areas at the fitting room and calls them to pick it up.

Softlines gathers merch for other areas at the fitting room and calls them to pick it up.
So the carts aren't gone, they are just moved. And the purpose is why? Aesthetics? Well I'm sure it's making a great impression on the fitting room guests. Especially since those carts are competing with guest carts for parking space at the fitting room.

My store has gone to no carts at guest service or the fitting room. It’s been a few months, and it was a struggle to transition, but guest service calls out for reshop pickups for hardlines and apparel, and the team goes to get it. The apparel team is responsible for monitoring the fitting room and calling out reshop to their team. It can work if you stick with it!

So the carts aren't gone, they are just moved. And the purpose is why? Aesthetics? Well I'm sure it's making a great impression on the fitting room guests. Especially since those carts are competing with guest carts for parking space at the fitting room.
We’ve been doing this about 2 years now.
There are no carts at the fitting room. I’m talking a handful of product for each dept to pick up. Softlines doesn’t bother taking it to the Serv desk, they just call Hardlines when they have a handful.

🤣
I can fill a three tier with hardlines stuff simply by quick zoning baby hardlines. A handful?

We tried to do the “one 3-tiered cart for softlines and one for hardlines” but within 2 hours it was clear that wasn’t going to work so now we have about 8 3-tiered carts, one for each department. Basically the same system just not using guest carts.

Spot sure is silly about handling abandons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back