Archived Long term Sick Leave I NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, So last Tuesday I was in a car accident and I got rear ended. So the doctors told me I had a light case of whiplash and prescribed me some medicine, I was basically out the whole week my first day back was Saturday passed and it was HELL!! The side effects of the medicine interferes with my ability to do my job. The next day I decided not to take the medicine because I was feeling ok and it was a short shift but that didn't work either by the end of the shift I was in pain. So I went to the doctor again today and I was told that my job may be aggravating my injury. I was thinking maybe I should take a sick leave because this could take months to heal so I need some advice on how to get paid I work in target cafe if that's any help

Call the LOA/benefits number. I don't have it anymore, but you can get it from HROC 1-800-394-1885. If you intend on taking a short term disability leave, your doctor will probably have to fill out some paperwork. And long term hits after 3 months of being on short term. But, you have to qualify for it. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hardlinesmaster has the info at the bottom of each of his posts.

Sorry, for your injuries and hope you feel better soon ! When I was out for my medical loa ( surgery) I called and talked to Hewitt ( not sure if its changed as this was a year and a half ago) You have to give them all your info, MDs info they also will ask you ALL meds that you are taking whether its related to your injury or not ....the yask you some general questions and will tell you if its approved or not pending contact with your MD...then you will receive a formal letter from them in about a week stating the same thing . They will also email your store and let them know etc. When I called they also verified my average hours to make sure I qualified for the Temporary disability . When your MD says you can return to work, you call Hewitt tell them what the MD said and they will contact the store. You can contact the store as well but they can out you back in the system or on the schedule till Hewitt contacts them.

Talk to your hr, too. Under 90 days of disability, you have short pay with spot. After that, it's long term disability, if you had signed up for it with spot.

Hope you'll be okay.
Take care of yourself.

Thanks you guys!! I'm going in today so hopefully HR is there so I can talk with her

Get with your HR ASAP but sounds like Short term disability. Check to see if your insurance and the other party's insurance will pay any lost wages and medical bills.

You said you were basically "out" last week? You mean off work, or didn't go to work due to this injury? Because if you've missed work due to the accident, you need to get the ball rolling on this ASAP. What you need is your doctor to declare you unfit for work, and say you need to be off work until X date. Then you call Hewitt @ 1-800-828-5850 and talk to them about a new claim. They will be able to determine if you are eligible for short term disability. If so, you could be compensated for days already missed.

Even if you're not eligible, like buliSB said you can usually get reimbursed for medical expenses and lost wages by the insurance company of the person who rear ended you. My wife was rear ended a couple weeks ago and is in the process of being reimbursed by their insurance for her medical bill. It does take a little while for everything to be processed.

I had to call out due to the injury. And I wish I would've all this earlier. I just called them and said I wasn't but I'm not sure why because I thought you are eligible if you worked 30+ a week and have been there at least a year but I guess not. This is going to take another few days until I know if they approve me this whole process is so stressful

• Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 19.5-29.49 hours per week:
  •  Dental
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan)
  •  Long-Term Disability

Additional benefits at 12 months* if you average 29.5 or more hours per week:
  •  Medical
  •  Dental
  •  Vision Eyewear Plan, available with medical enrollment
  •  Life Insurance (Target Paid, Supplemental, Spouse/Domestic Partner and Dependent Life)
  •  Short-Term Disability (team members in California, Hawaii**, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island have disability insurance through their state’s Disability Program, not through Target’s Short-Term Disability Plan).
  •  Long-Term Disability
  •  Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare FSA)
  •  Daycare Flexible Spending Account (Daycare FSA)
  •  Group Legal Plan
  •  Adoption Assistance

Hey I have another question, is there anyway I could get a summary of my hours and stuff? Or would I have to go to HR? I need to give it to my insurance company

If you go on eHR & pull up your last pay statement, it should give you your cumulative hrs YTD, weekly avg hrs, pay rate, etc.
You should also be able to pull it up from targetpayandbenefits.com

I was thinking that but I wanted to make sure thanks

It was 3 cars involed and we all had state farm how rare is that ? Lol

I was an auto claims adjuster for State Farm for many years. That is an absolute top-notch classy company. Can't say enough good things about them
Hope you are feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back