Looking for feedback

In Backroom Detail Report, "merch department" is a list of words in alphabetical order. One of those words is 'girls 4'. Another one is 'no'. Having the actual merch department number somewhere in there to divide the merchandise would be helpful.

Hey all,

I work on an internal product called Greenfield(https://greenfield.target.com). Specifically I lead the mobile engineering efforts and User Experience on the U.S side.

With peak coming up, its hard for us to get store and DC visits scheduled; if you have used Greenfield, we'd love to hear from you as to how we can make it easier to use or fix any issues(or just any feedback in general).

Thank you

Can you fix an issue with charts in dashboard that can't scroll horizontally on mobile (android for me)? I tried dragging the green scroll bar to the right but it does not move unless I click on the icon to open/expand the chart in a new page.

Can you fix an issue with charts in dashboard that can't scroll horizontally on mobile (android for me)? I tried dragging the green scroll bar to the right but it does not move unless I click on the icon to open/expand the chart in a new page.

Should be in one of our releases in the next two weeks.

Quick note: When it does get in, double tap on the chart you want to scroll, then you should be able to scroll horizontally without triggering the tab switch. If you wanna swipe to switch tabs, double tap outside of the card.

Edit: We put it out yesterday afternoon

Last edited:
Amanda, try it out. The access point does limit certain things.
TBH for a GSTM service advocate there's not much on there of interest to risk a coaching/CA (yeah I know they won't but why risk it)... it's not our (GSTM's) job to keep track of stats etc... it's interesting to sometimes look at though

Now if it was workbench, that'd be a different story lol

The BRLA Team Member Error Detail card (#7642) is the closest thing you'll get to finding the cause of an error. However, it doesn't show TMs that caused an error by backstocking improperly. It shows TMs who created a ghost by saying they weren't able to find an item that was later found as a baffle. So if John says he can't find Neutrogena wipes in 01B001A25 by hitting AIS, but Mary scans those wipes in that same location (creating a baffle) afterward, then John shows up on the card. He caused the baffle and created a ghost error when there wasn't one. Mary still gets hit by the baffle in her BRLA as they're two separate reports.

BRLA is just a metric to see how well your backroom is maintained. Individual TMs shouldn't have their own BRLA. In fact, I don't think the default cards list TMs by BRLA for that reason. It should only be used as a tool to see which areas of your backroom should be audited, better organized, and better maintained. If an ETL doesn't understand that, there's an issue with their training (or lack thereof) regarding store metrics.

It should be easier to maintain green BRLA now, to be honest. Since we have DBOs, backroom aisles should only have one or two people that routinely visit them (outside of Flex). If an aisle is red, it means those DBOs need to be better trained to understand the metric and how it's calculated. They need to know how to properly group locations. How to deal with openstock versus casepacks. How to label sections (by grouping for openstock shelves or branding by section if the aisle is setup that way).

If you think Flex is screwing aisles up, you can audit their performance in the backroom by checking the following cards: Backstock Casepacks - Summary (#18103) and Backstock Casepacks - Detail (#18099).

flex cards for #18103 and #18099 is outdated, or is it just my store? i can't see any data starting october. is there another card that shows ALL BR activity, including pulls/backstock from epick? i have to crosscheck SFS/OPU productivity details otherwise.

flex cards for #18103 and #18099 is outdated, or is it just my store? i can't see any data starting october. is there another card that shows ALL BR activity, including pulls/backstock from epick? i have to crosscheck SFS/OPU productivity details otherwise.
Go under to greenfield, to quick links, select backroom. There was an update.

Go under to greenfield, to quick links, select backroom. There was an update.

i see backroom activity, but this card doesn't seem to include epick generated pulls or backstock. the sfs casepack card is exactly what we need to audit sfs, but it doesn't show data after october for some reason.

Question: the price change forecast. I use it to plan for scheduling needs when heavy. I know for the trailer info it will have projected hours to work x amount of product. Is there anything like that for pricing? I know it's been a huge opportunity in a lot of stores.

And I know those projections can be imprecise and all. But just to have a rough estimate of what we're looking at would be nice.

Shouldn't be using if you're below ETL :)

@Usiris can you explain more on redesigned login process? is that just for Greenfield or all apps?

also it would be great if leads of other apps could come here too! :)

Sure, we've been looking at ways to make it easier to log into Greenfield. We've been in contact with stores in the past and saw how much of a pain it is and how it took team members out of their normal flow.

We did some brain storming and some R&D to determine what the best way to address the issue is/was; the general idea is that we want to eliminate username/password and move towards something like biometrics or a pin system. The TL : DR came out to working with the enterprise authentication team. Pretty much everything we looked at spun us down the rabbit hole towards a native application, which frankly we dont have the resources (people and budget) for. They (enterprise authentication team) have several solutions in the works, and funny enough, one was put into a release candidate environment yesterday.

To directly answer your second question; it'll be for any project that uses enterprise authentication(which should be all applications).

Late edit to touch on the above line; any app that doesnt already have a native app. If its a native app, they are already tapped into single sign on. Which should act like, once you sign into a device, you're signed into anything that taps into single sign on.

Unfortunately due to security restrictions I cant say much more.

Last edited:

Sent a question to our stores team. I'll post a reply when I get an answer

Sent a question to our stores team. I'll post a reply when I get an answer

@novsix Would card 5001 help at all? Or are you looking for specific team member info?

The responce I'm getting is that these specific cards weren't meant to be store facing and were for a one time use analysis.

Edit: what about 19698 ?

Last edited:
@Usiris do you work with any of the HR reports on Greenfield? The Daily Compliance - TM Conversations is kind of a hot mess. My ETL can pull it and no one will be on it, then I pull it and there will be TMs on it. Is this a report we should wait until after 8am Central Time to pull so they update? Also, can we print them with the date we’re pulling them for showing? If my ETL and I have a common weekend off there is a 1000% chance nobody will pull it, and on Monday we’ll have Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to pull but all show Mondays date.

This report is a pain, I have to open Human Resources > eHR + Human Resources > TL and Human Resources > HR Reports > Store Reports > Daily Compliance - TM Conversation > (change date if applicable >) print > print > print to finally get it. Yes, I do have to click Print three independent times to actually print it. Plus as a HRE I have no access to anything on the HR Dataset, I have to back foot my way into anything on it.

@novsix Would card 5001 help at all? Or are you looking for specific team member info?

The responce I'm getting is that these specific cards weren't meant to be store facing and were for a one time use analysis.

Edit: what about 19698 ?

@Usiris, I believe he wants to be able to audit what flex team members backstock via ePick. As far as I know, the dataset used in the two cards he referenced is the only one that does that. I can't find ePick activity at all in the AP Backroom DPCI card. It's a fairly new feature of ePick, to be able to backstock like that, so it's possible other datasets just don't track it.

Thanks @Usiris!! exactly what @Selfish said we are looking for backstock data through the epick app. Could you ask the stores team if we could have this data/card made available with current data? (cards #18103 and #18099) basically we would like to see a backroom detail report for all of epick/fulfillment -- though the existing casepack card is very useful to audit if our fulfillment TMs are properly pulling and backstocking case packs. we have a very large SFS team, just over 100 with seasonals.

The old card was VERY useful for catching SFS TMs who weren't backstocking the rest of the casepack. Ideally, we'd be able to see when they're locating partial casepacks on casepack shelves instead of backstocking them into the open stock shelves/wacos, and when they're not backstocking the extra items at all.

Back