Archived Looking to take an LOA for Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the TL for Starbucks at my location, My ETL-HL made a joke recently that if TM's aren't allowed two weeks off, She herself and myself wouldn't be able to take 2 weeks off. I'm planning a 50-day trip to backpack through Europe; I've read in a few places that a LOA is best practice. If I have to quit my position, I will quit my position but I would love to avoid it if at all possible. It won't be until February-March of 2014; so I have time to get things in order. My position doesn't differ much from a SB-TM position, I would just have one of my Advanced-Store-Trained TMs take over the ordering while I'm gone, and inform my District Manager. I could prepare the schedules in advance and allow my ETL-HL to make changes according to the hours given.

Is it possible for a TL to take an LOA? Like I already said, I'm willing to leave if I have to; but I have an apartment and other bills to worry about; I don't want to come back from a fantastic trip just to find myself in a Shipwreck of a mess at home.

Any advice?

Also, just a P.S. My pay stub says the number 20 for vacation hours, I was informed this numbers is in days and not hours. Does that mean full 8 hour days x 20? :wacko:

Edit: The trip will be for 36 days which is equivalent to 5 weeks.

Last edited:
your loa would fall under personal and is up to your hr/stl. in my experience, it was usually granted for tm needing additional time to deal with sickness, death, divorce, or other unpleasant things. with the amount of time you are requesting, it will be a tough sell. I've seen tl take 2-3 weeks for overseas trips, but never longer than that. hopefully, you can speak with hr and they will be able to accommodate you. also, the vacation and personal time on your check is in hours. unless you've been with the company for several years (5, maybe?), you will not receive that many vacation days.

1. List your trip as sabbatical. Anything personal other than family, sickness, or school they will usually not be approved.
2. Walk the Camino de Santiago
3. Watch the Hostel franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back