Louisville Target

There was an attempt on my store early AM. They tried to break through one of the front doors.

When I arrived this morning to unload, the police had cars parked in front of the doors to block any other attempt while others circled the building. Our SD was still inside looking things over. The mall across the way was blocked off with police cars everywhere.

Lucky for us Louisville's finest were already on the way answering a call on a break in/looting attempt at the mall. If not, we would have been trashed.

We discussed what to do just in case it happens while we are here. Our entrance glass will be covered with plywood before night fall.

Our county has a dusk to dawn curfew and the KY National Guard has been activated.

We are located a long ways away from downtown. If it happened to us, it can happen to any Target located in a major metropolitan area.

By the way, while the SD was talking to the police, a call came in for the Best Buy down the road.

Be safe everyone.

Not much activity since my last post until this morning. The police were across the way in the mall parking lot when I arrived this morning. Five (5) cars had been circling the area. The police were literally running from location to location trying to keep them moving.

The first attempt was just two cars with about five people in each. Two people got out and started to try and kick out the door glass. This time it was five and the police were waiting.

Before any of this was known, they had decided to remove the plywood:

thumbnail (2).jpeg

I went back this evening:

thumbnail (3).jpeg

I went to check out another nearby Target and it was boarded up too! I don't know if had been attacked yet or not. It's getting rough as they are spreading out into the county. Walmart's and Meijer's have resorted to stacking pallets of soil and mulch along with cart barriers inside and out.

Who knows what I'll walking into at 4 AM as I have learned that these groups are meeting up nearby before they head out this evening.

Be safe all!

The police were everywhere yesterday morning. They were positioned so they had a 360 degree view of the stores. We had one positioned directly across from our store. All had their lights on letting all those who were thinking about it that they were there waiting for them.

I have no sympathy for those who have intentionally sought out to destroy personal property. All of us will eventually shoulder the burden of these choices financially and socially.

RIP Floyd.

The reality of why you died will eventually turn into resentment because of the cost associated with the violence and destruction. These groups who decided to use it for their own personal agendas will just fade back unless they are identified. We can't have these people just show up and destroy a person's memorial and their call from the grave. It is just wrong to do so.

Off my soap box.

The police were everywhere yesterday morning. They were positioned so they had a 360 degree view of the stores. We had one positioned directly across from our store. All had their lights on letting all those who were thinking about it that they were there waiting for them.......I have no sympathy for those who have intentionally sought out to destroy personal property. All of us will eventually shoulder the burden of these choices financially and socially.
(edited) There's been far too much looting of Target stores.

Last edited:
The USA was attacked by Al-Qaida radical terrorists on 09/11/2001. Some of you might not have been born then. Looking at what's transpiring now in terms of violence rioting and looting by jackals, along with a staggering amount of militant retaliation against the majority of American citizens, should our nation have surrendered to Al-Qaida in 2001 instead of defending our land?
This is one of the most disconnected, illogical posts I have seen outside of Twitter. I hope you would re-read what you posted, then edit it for clarity of thought and expression or delete it!

The USA was attacked by Al-Qaida radical terrorists on 09/11/2001. Some of you might not have been born then. Looking at what's transpiring now in terms of violence rioting and looting by jackals, along with a staggering amount of militant retaliation against the majority of American citizens, should our nation have surrendered to Al-Qaida in 2001 instead of defending our land?

This thread is for info on what is going at the stores.
If you want to make political comments, take it to the Off The Clock Thread.

Back