Archived low-down on TM benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

new kid

eight different bosses.
a couple weeks ago one of our HR people handed me a packet regarding benefits;
i've read a bit of it, and went to the site, which seemed a bit too creepy-cheery,
what's the main gist of what's offered?
i don't currently have any health insurance, but i'm not sure if this is worth getting.

i'm mid-twenties, fairly healthy, don't smoke, rarely exercise.

a couple weeks ago one of our HR people handed me a packet regarding benefits;
i've read a bit of it, and went to the site, which seemed a bit too creepy-cheery,
what's the main gist of what's offered?
i don't currently have any health insurance, but i'm not sure if this is worth getting.

i'm mid-twenties, fairly healthy, don't smoke, rarely exercise.

Don't drink or you'll end up like me.

How many hours do you generally work in a week? You'll have to keep your average hours per week above a certain threshold in order to maintain eligibility for benefits.

As HLM said, it's better to read the packets. Even if you don't end up enrolling or aren't eligible, you'll still be informed.

So currently, target offers two sets of benefits, the PT package and the FT package. Starting in January, the PT package will NOT be in compliance with the Affordable Care Act, and will likely no longer be offered. Most HMO's have been discontinued, the TBC will be able to answer most of the health insurance related questions. So how this works is after 6 full months of employment, you become either eligible for PT benefits (if average hours are above 19.5) or FT benefits (if average hours are above 31.5, again talking TM level NOT TL or above) You'll want to read through your packet carefully because there are very important deadline you MUST be in compliance with and SOME of the deadlines are ONCE in a LIFETIME deadlines (Long Term Disability and Life Insurance options) If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back