LWW Position

As an LWW our biggest thing we watch for is process. We aren't supposed to be telling anyone what to do unless you team up with your OM on making any moves. We are to audit everyone in their process and anyone who is out of process needs to be relayed to the OM. You may have an OM that let's you tell them what to do but based off the training that they have given us we are not to be telling anyone to change functions unless partnered with an OM only to point out when things are out of process.

As an LWW our biggest thing we watch for is process. We aren't supposed to be telling anyone what to do unless you team up with your OM on making any moves. We are to audit everyone in their process and anyone who is out of process needs to be relayed to the OM. You may have an OM that let's you tell them what to do but based off the training that they have given us we are not to be telling anyone to change functions unless partnered with an OM only to point out when things are out of process.
Leads aren’t supposed to coach, they are to direct. Direct tm’s back to standard based on observations.

Yellow shirt? Just curious do your leads have an actual tshirt they are given to wear?

Nah just the yellow jacket thingy like the trainer jacket but says lead WHW IIRC.

Seems like they cracked down a bit and they all wear them now maybe? Before some didn't bother, just wore street clothes like the rest.

anybody else dc cut lww from 2 per dept to 1? pretty big news imo.

theres not really info on how its gonna work or what will happen to the backups i guess?

in my dept the backups wear the yellow vest and do functions separate from normal ww every day (just, i dont believe they got the extra lww pay unless one of the regular lww was out) so in effect instead of 2 lww we kind of had 4 every day. granted, some time ago they started making the backups work a lot more.

anybody else dc cut lww from 2 per dept to 1? pretty big news imo.

theres not really info on how its gonna work or what will happen to the backups i guess?

in my dept the backups wear the yellow vest and do functions separate from normal ww every day (just, i dont believe they got the extra lww pay unless one of the regular lww was out) so in effect instead of 2 lww we kind of had 4 every day. granted, some time ago they started making the backups work a lot more.
Yeah. Every building is cutting their LWW count.

LOL that made me laugh, sounds like target. Some leads/employees just love telling on the previous shift. Like they love it.

We are lucky to have mostly decent leads in my dept, hard working and/or laid back. Even the exception has their good points. Since the "backups" basically do lead function all the time anyway we effectively have 4 leads...

But yep, that yellow shirt is like a showed off badge to many, a treasured status symbol...whereas the cool ones usually could care less and dont even wear it half the time.
They’re like yeah…got this yellow vest…u want some of this don’t u?🤮

i dont see our leads going anywhere for the forseeable future... theyre not going to make 30 plus an hour anywhere else (particularly one lol). and they probably arent wanted on other keys (especially in a lww freeze). so, nothing changes? thats what it looks like to me. Shoot on B1 those fossils have been there literally decades, they are NOT going anywhere.

i'm not sure if its unusual but on my dept the backups are always in a lww-type role. they do some fringe prod stuff, maybe a little fill in but not heavy duty straight ca type prod. so i wonder if that will change either. i dont think so tbh. especially since they only make .50 more an hour, i would think target is ok with it.

theres is definitely too many yellow shirts standing around in other parts of the building, while they squeeze the peons for an extra ounce. it makes sense to cut yellow shirts imo.

I'm the same as you. I would much rather lead by example than go out there and tell people what to do. However, I was told that they don't really want the LWWs out there doing the physical work. For one, we're skewing the actual performance and, two, if we're out there chucking boxes we can't watch everyone else. Which makes sense. Just not really my style. I'm trying to get out of the LWW role as soon as I can. If you truly want become an OM, it's a good route. You WILL learn how to have the "courageous conversations" (barf), you'll get better insights into planning, metrics and decision making. They also seem to be rolling out more development things for the LWWs, at least in my building. But if OM or beyond is not something you want to do, absolutely do not become a Lead. It's super stressful and the OMs are always on your ass about something.

Back